JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1411 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, Linda Hoy said:

Ahhhh! You can't be talkin' about our friend, the jack-pine savage and dear brother Monte? :lol1:

One and the same.^_^

And it's a good thing there is only one.

I don't think we could handle another beaver loving brother.:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I wonder if Jehovah's Witnesses were to be put under ban soon, and persecuted in Russia, if they would flee the country.. say to Ukraine. Or further into Europe.

When they persecute you in one city, flee to another; for truly I say to you, you will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives.

Matthew 10:23

Religious persecution is a valid reason to apply for asylum in Germany. Imagine thousands of Russian brothers coming to Europe and being evenly distributed in the homes of European brothers and sisters. What a witness that would be.

And who knows if war with Russia or other trouble is imminent. It may be wise to move further West for that reason alone.

7 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

I wonder if Jehovah's Witnesses were to be put under ban soon, and persecuted in Russia, if they would flee the country.. say to Ukraine. Or further into Europe.

Religious persecution is a valid reason to apply for asylum in Germany. Imagine thousands of Russian brothers coming to Europe and being evenly distributed in the homes of European brothers and sisters. What a witness that would be.

And who knows if war with Russia or other trouble is imminent. It may be wise to move further West for that reason alone.

I wonder if JWs from Russia will be able to live in Germany. I heard a story about a  Russian man who was not able to live in Germany because of homosexualists. Brothers and sisters who attended International Convention were shocked too. I don't know if there are countries in Europe where people are not that tolerant. Actually I think that if people in a country don't hate homosexualists, they don't hate JWs either and if they do, they hate all the minorities

10 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I wonder if JWs from Russia will be able to live in Germany. 

Hi Victoria,

A quick search on JW.org for meetings in Russian (in Germany) shows 44 results! So I think the answer is YES, Witnesses from Russia can survive in Germany.

Edited by Skye

8 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

There is a brother in our hall who manages to work beavers into 99.99% of his public talks.:D. You can't imagine the creative ways he comes up with to include them.^_^

I dunno, I think that would kinda gnaw on me after awhile...

There is a brother in our hall who manages to work beavers into 99.99% of his public talks.:D. You can't imagine the creative ways he comes up with to include them.^_^

3 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I don't know what happened.  My tablet has been acting up a bit lately,  it double posted a few times,  this is the first time it went 4 times...

Sorry about all that :confused:

You are such an eager beaver...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I don't know what happened.  My tablet has been acting up a bit lately,  it double posted a few times,  this is the first time it went 4 times...

Sorry about all that :confused:

I thought that was on purpose to show how repetition gnaws on us. :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

10 hours ago, jwhess said:

I am, however, a chainsaw wielding wood burner

Reminds me of an East Coast Canada story.

This east coaster ( name has been changed :shrugs: ) could cut 17 cord of wood a day.

Figuring he could do more with a chainsaw.

Thus he went to a store and salesman said he should be able to cut 20 cord a day easily.

So, next day he went out to cut wood, however he could still only cut 17 cord of wood, and that was really hard work.

He takes the saw back to salesman and complained.

Salesman says 'Let's see.'

Turns on the switch and pulls the cord.

Rrrrrrrrrum

Spoiler

East coaster startled said " What's that noise?"  :raspberry::bouncing:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

8 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Fleeing one's country and living as a refugee in a foreign country, is seldom easy, as discussed in the Watchtower.

"Jesus had foreseen that many of his followers would be forced from their homes. He said: “When they persecute you in one city, flee to another.” (Matt. 10:23) Fleeing for any reason is seldom easy." --- w17 May

"Recently, thousands of Jehovah’s Witnesses—men, women, and children—had to flee conflict and persecution in eastern Ukraine. Tragically, some were killed. But most of them were taken in by their spiritual brothers elsewhere in Ukraine, and many others were accommodated by fellow Witnesses in Russia. In both countries, they remain politically neutral, being “no part of the world,” and continue zealously “declaring the good news of the word.”—John 15:19; Acts 8:4. --- w17 May

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

19 minutes ago, minister159 said:

Fleeing one's country and living as a refugee in a foreign country, is seldom easy, as discussed in the Watchtower.

Though this is true, the pros and cons would need to be weighed. If persecution comes to the point where your life and your family's life is at risk, taking refuge in a foreign country is a viable option.

Yes, being a refugee in a foreign country is never easy. But if I take a look at how Germany managed the last refugee crisis, temporarily taking up a million or so people unable to read or write in their own language and in many cases not even knowing how to use a loo, I think the brothers would do fine by comparison.

10 hours ago, Skye said:

Hi Victoria,

A quick search on JW.org for meetings in Russian (in Germany) shows 44 results! So I think the answer is YES, Witnesses from Russia can survive in Germany.

You are right Skye.

We have many Russian people here.

Also Russian Congregations.

Russian Stores.

Many former Eastgerman Brothers had to learn the Russian language at school.

There are no known problems with Russian people here in Germany.

I have some very nice Russians in my preaching territory.

2 hours ago, minister159 said:

As our Sister that is living in Russia said, if the ban is enacted then all Witnesses living there in Russia will be placed on a extremists list that would prohibit them from crossing the border , thereby making the fleeing from persecuting impossible. ..legally. 

She also mentioned other things that would happen,  if our Spiritual family is placed on that list,  such as no job, no bank accounts,  restrictions or imprisonments with sentencing that borders on severe.

Very important to continue in our prayers for our Brothers,  also for those men in governmental positions, so that they will make decisions favorable for our family.  

Whichever way this court case goes, Jehovahs purpose for loyal worshipers will be accomplished. ..on that we can be sure. ...

3 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

Wow! Great article. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I know we sigh in relief that the court has been adjourned until after the memorial, but that isn't stopping the thugs who take it upon themselves to enact the ban. That was a very enlightening report Roberta posted. So many brothers and sisters have suffered from bans already in place, and it may threaten plans for a peaceful memorial celebration still. At least one rental hall contact was cancelled for a congregation in Moscow. Keeping them all in my prayers.

7 hours ago, rbrown1205 said:

http://www.forum18.org/archive.php?country=10

Article describing police harassment after the hearing continuance until April 12

6 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I know we sigh in relief that the court has been adjourned until after the memorial, but that isn't stopping the thugs who take it upon themselves to enact the ban. That was a very enlightening report Roberta posted. So many brothers and sisters have suffered from bans already in place, and it may threaten plans for a peaceful memorial celebration still. At least one rental hall contact was cancelled for a congregation in Moscow. Keeping them all in my prayers.

Violence to our family or damage to property is what I worried about. 

I recall, a few years back,  somewhere in Bulgaria there was a Hall attacked by a bunch of thugs during the Memorial.

I think there were cops watching but not restraining anyone ..

In Russia,  that is what I worry about. ..