JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1411 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

20 minutes ago, rocket said:

You might want to look again.

Sand.png

None of that information shows up on my phone.  Since my Mom arrived, I have very little computer time.  Wish my phone had access to the desktop features.  I could use my colored font and my animated smilies.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

With Jehovah's help, the Almighty, what seemed a mountain-like obstacle at first - for good reasons for us humble human beings and knowing who we are dealing with - revealed itself as being a tiny dust, a water drop in the end - for now, after 3 days of trial -, and thanks to the lawyer brothers who made a sharp analysis of the situation and have dismantled the case for now, to the amazement of the court and observers. They found the right words

"..if you say to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea', it will happen" - Mat 21:21,22.

"However, when they hand you over, do not become anxious about how or what you are to speak, for what you are to speak will be given you in that hour" - Matthew 10:19

"And when they are taking you to hand you over, do not be anxious beforehand about what to say; but whatever is given you in that hour, say this, for you are not the ones speaking, but the holy spirit is." Mark 13:11

The brothers have surely read those words before the trial..

and those verses:

Exodus 4:10-12 :

Moses now said to Jehovah: “Pardon me, Jehovah, but I have never been a fluent speaker, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant, for I am slow of speech* and slow of tongue.”+ 11 Jehovah said to him: “Who made a mouth for man, or who makes them speechless, deaf, clear-sighted, or blind? Is it not I, Jehovah? 12 So go now, and I will be with you as you speak,* and I will teach you what you should say.”

and Luke 21:15 "for I will give you words and wisdom that all your opposers together will not be able to resist or dispute."

4 hours ago, sand said:

Here is the transcript of the speech of Vasily Kalin,  found on Anton Chivchalov facebook page :

I am not a lawyer, so I will try to speak as simply as possible for you, your honor, and for the MOJ.

The MOJ filed a motion to declare the AC extremist and liquidate all LROs in Russia. There are 395 LROS. Is this lawful? I don’t think so. The AC disagrees with this. For 26 years the AC has never been charged with violations of the Federal Law on Religion or the Law on Extremism.

I have a question as the Chairman. If we were good for 26 years, on what date did we become extremist? What did the AC do that all of a sudden it's considered extremist?

The MOJ alleges that they intend to protect the public in the fight against terrorism. However, if the judge grants the claim we will return to the dark history of our past, rather than fight extremism. We will restrict the rights of 175,000 people. Liquidation of all LROs will be interpreted as a ban of the peaceful worship of JW, gathering together and reading the Bible.

The activity of the AC has been suspended, the bank accounts frozen. The AC cannot even pay state fees. The AC has been included by the MOJ in the list of extremist and terrorist organizations, such as Al Qaeda and ISIS. Granting the claim would be the extremist activity and return us to the dark history of our past. JW are open in 240 countries, including all countries of Europe. There can only be one just decision: deny the MOJ claim.

JW are not extremist. They will never be. They are peaceful citizens who follow Bible’s commands to pray and live a quiet life – Timothy 2:1,2; Romans 13:1. JW have deep respect for the authority and for the neighbor. We are not extremists. We have been active in Russia for 100+ years. We have never been charged with extremism. Rather, we often receive praise and appreciation for our good works. The Christian teachings of JW are based exclusively on the Bible and do not encourage extremist activity. Based on this situation, it is a shame that we are returning to the past.

I received a note that I was rehabilitated as a victim of political repression. What does the MOJ plan on doing for people who are viewed as extremist? Therefore, I believe that the claim by the MOJ is a return to the past. We face prison time and other persecution. In the Soviet times we were facing charges of “enemy of the state”, now we are being charged with extremism.

If the court returns to the path offered by the MOJ to liquidate the AC and all LROs, we will return to the dark past. I like what one official said, “You can liquidate a legal entity, but never someone’s faith." In Taganrog people have already been sentenced and their families persecuted.

Our Fundamentals of Beliefs indicate that we treat others like we want to be treated – Matthew 7:12. We share our faith in harmony with the Bible’s command to preach – Matthew 24:14. We want people to draw close to God and live forever on earth.

In Soviet Times JW were subject to serious persecution. Thousands of JW were exiled to Sibera, their homes were confiscated, they were viewed as anti-Soviet and persecuted in the Gulag just for being JW.

My family was exiled and later rehabilitiesd. I was born in Ukraine. On 8 April when I was 4 years old, together with my family I was exiled to Siberia, to Irkutsk. It took 20 days to arrive. There were men, women, children, without toilets, without food. We were exiled in harmony with Stalin’s command to wipe out JW.

My parents and all other JW at that time could have escaped this fate. We simply could have signed a document renouncing our faith. Interestingly, a criminal would never have this ability. Thus it is clear: JW are not criminals, yet they were persecuted. The state simply was against the position of these people. Those who exiled continue to preach and share their faith with others.

JW have not lost their deep convictions, they continue to be honest people who show love to all others despite their nationality and race. This is because they value the Bible’s command to love your neighbor as yourself.

Yes, my childhood was full of hunger, poverty, and mockery. I asked my mother for some bread, and she would turn around so that I would not see her tears. Mom said, “Son, wait a bit, soon we will have lots of bread!" At that time I thought, “Lots of bread! We may have an entire loaf!"

(Some in the audience are in tears)

I want to remind the MOJ that the request to ban the JW would hurt those people who wish to live a peaceful, happy life. I call on the court not to return to the past and reject the MOJ’s claim

Nh3F4e.png
Source Russian Audio (scroll down) 
https://jw-russia.org/pages/17040614-132.html#0407 

Thanks Sand and of course Anton!  Definitely bought a tear to my eye.  

R

Edited by sunshine

While we are on a break I just wanted to point out this picture on the russian jw site.  What struck me is that I have never seen such interest (at least while I've been in the truth) from the mainline international Media.  Of course there are the odd reports about us or individuals, but it is rare to see cameras (except our own) around one of our representatives.    Jehovah's name is being proclaimed whatever the outcome; our new motto "doing it with style:)

VoNkV2.png

Note:  For a live stream of the case visit https://jw-russia.org/news/17040510-129.html
(Google chrome can translate the page)

There was a trial in Canada. It was over the blood issue, and a young sister. The preparation the brothers went to was extensive. A sister turned one floor of her home over to the brothers involved. They practiced and practiced. All eventualities were covered. At one time in the court room, the mother was going to testify. 300 heads went down in prayer, automatically. Well, now, 8 million, plus. All praying. 

And the preparation...we are all better trained speakers then most out there. I bet they did not expect our , "little group" to garner such attention, nor even be the dignified polished speakers that they are. And so well versed in Russian law! 

And to hear our lawyer speak. They are not dependent on their skills, but, Jehovah. 

This is not over one sisters death, but it involves a county. A nation, a big one who considers itself powerful. Win or loose, they will find out who they are fighting against. And one that they cannot intimidate! What a powerful praise to Jehovah! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

It appears that many posters here are kind of in the dark with all the different posts and opinions flying back and forth.

I don't know if all posting here are aware that you can get the whole transcipt for review. I know it has been mentioned obliquely, but I thought to pass it on as my daughter was two days behind, only hearing rumors, so here it is again.

Remember Carlos assued all that it is a legitimate page provided by the GB. Thanks Carlos.

https://jw-russia.org/pages/17040614-132.html

Access it through Google and it only takes a click of the right mouse key to get a translated version.

Go to 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 06/04/2017 at 3:48 PM, Jothob said:

I know I don't want to prolong the anguish our dear brothers & sisters must be feeling right now in Russia to get a ruling, one way or another, but wouldn't it be great if the court could actually postpone it till next Wednesday! Then they can enjoy the Memorial, the most important day of the year!......

8am

We've got another prophet in our midst....This was said even earlier yesterday by Jothob! Hehe

2 minutes ago, Luisabola said:

We've got another prophet in our midst....This was said even earlier yesterday by Jothob! Hehe

Didn't the lawyers tell the court we are a non-profit organization?:scared:

:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

I am also puzzled by this date (12th April)

Jehovah's hand is there for sure.

Brothers can sing loud and clear during Memorial!

I kind of think if Satan was still at the reins, he would have influenced events so the brothers and sisters would miss or find it difficult to attend the memorial. For me it's obvious who is now in control which is a good thing ... very positive.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 hour ago, esctec said:

is google translating in different accents?  i have to read every time "lawyer little wife" 

I was thinking of the reverse translation (to Russian).  If my surname had been Sawyer they probably would have translated it as "the little tree chopper" or something like that.

The judge directed multiple questions toward the Ministry of Justice, asking them to produce evidence regarding their accusations that Jehovah’s Witnesses are extremists and distribute extremist literature. The Ministry of Justice was unable to do so.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/jehovahs-witnesses-present-testimony-supreme-court-case/

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Sergey Cherepanov objected to the Ministry’s demand that the Administrative Center stop violations of the extremism law. However, the Ministry never clarified how the Administrative Center allegedly violated the law or how it could eliminate violations. 

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/hearing-third-day-20170407/

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

The court announces a break until April 12, 2017 10:00 am.

The Memorial is on the 11th. Will this mean that the Memorial will be undisturbed?

and I'm concerned too about the effect the prevailing situation can have on the interested invited guests to the memorial.might they become fearful to identify with our brothers during the memorial? our brothers in Russia are really going to need to put up a hard fight against every form of discouragement that will try to rob them of the joy of this memorial occasion.
i understand it can be really hard not to feel discouraged and downhearted (like king Hezekiah) especially when there seems to be very little that you can do to help the situation.but always remember modesty,it makes you to have complete trust in Jehovah's ability to calm every storm and restore peace to his people.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk