JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1411 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, Gregexplore said:

I am also puzzled by this date (12th April)

Jehovah's hand is there for sure.

Brothers can sing loud and clear during Memorial!

And they have Brother Sanderson there too!

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

16 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Is it possible that other court cases were already scheduled for Monday and Tuesday? Whatever the reason, Jehovah certainly acts "with style"!!!:lol:

Yep... 11th April was booked already for Memorial..that's a style indeed! :)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

26 minutes ago, sand said:

Here is the transcript of the speech of Vasily Kalin,  found on Anton Chivchalov facebook page :

I am not a lawyer, so I will try to speak as simply as possible for you, your honor, and for the MOJ.

The MOJ filed a motion to declare the AC extremist and liquidate all LROs in Russia. There are 395 LROS. Is this lawful? I don’t think so. The AC disagrees with this. For 26 years the AC has never been charged with violations of the Federal Law on Religion or the Law on Extremism.

I have a question as the Chairman. If we were good for 26 years, on what date did we become extremist? What did the AC do that all of a sudden it's considered extremist?

The MOJ alleges that they intend to protect the public in the fight against terrorism. However, if the judge grants the claim we will return to the dark history of our past, rather than fight extremism. We will restrict the rights of 175,000 people. Liquidation of all LROs will be interpreted as a ban of the peaceful worship of JW, gathering together and reading the Bible.

The activity of the AC has been suspended, the bank accounts frozen. The AC cannot even pay state fees. The AC has been included by the MOJ in the list of extremist and terrorist organizations, such as Al Qaeda and ISIS. Granting the claim would be the extremist activity and return us to the dark history of our past. JW are open in 240 countries, including all countries of Europe. There can only be one just decision: deny the MOJ claim.

JW are not extremist. They will never be. They are peaceful citizens who follow Bible’s commands to pray and live a quiet life – Timothy 2:1,2; Romans 13:1. JW have deep respect for the authority and for the neighbor. We are not extremists. We have been active in Russia for 100+ years. We have never been charged with extremism. Rather, we often receive praise and appreciation for our good works. The Christian teachings of JW are based exclusively on the Bible and do not encourage extremist activity. Based on this situation, it is a shame that we are returning to the past.

I received a note that I was rehabilitated as a victim of political repression. What does the MOJ plan on doing for people who are viewed as extremist? Therefore, I believe that the claim by the MOJ is a return to the past. We face prison time and other persecution. In the Soviet times we were facing charges of “enemy of the state”, now we are being charged with extremism.

If the court returns to the path offered by the MOJ to liquidate the AC and all LROs, we will return to the dark past. I like what one official said, “You can liquidate a legal entity, but never someone’s faith." In Taganrog people have already been sentenced and their families persecuted.

Our Fundamentals of Beliefs indicate that we treat others like we want to be treated – Matthew 7:12. We share our faith in harmony with the Bible’s command to preach – Matthew 24:14. We want people to draw close to God and live forever on earth.

In Soviet Times JW were subject to serious persecution. Thousands of JW were exiled to Sibera, their homes were confiscated, they were viewed as anti-Soviet and persecuted in the Gulag just for being JW.

My family was exiled and later rehabilitiesd. I was born in Ukraine. On 8 April when I was 4 years old, together with my family I was exiled to Siberia, to Irkutsk. It took 20 days to arrive. There were men, women, children, without toilets, without food. We were exiled in harmony with Stalin’s command to wipe out JW.

My parents and all other JW at that time could have escaped this fate. We simply could have signed a document renouncing our faith. Interestingly, a criminal would never have this ability. Thus it is clear: JW are not criminals, yet they were persecuted. The state simply was against the position of these people. Those who exiled continue to preach and share their faith with others.

JW have not lost their deep convictions, they continue to be honest people who show love to all others despite their nationality and race. This is because they value the Bible’s command to love your neighbor as yourself.

Yes, my childhood was full of hunger, poverty, and mockery. I asked my mother for some bread, and she would turn around so that I would not see her tears. Mom said, “Son, wait a bit, soon we will have lots of bread!" At that time I thought, “Lots of bread! We may have an entire loaf!"

(Some in the audience are in tears)

I want to remind the MOJ that the request to ban the JW would hurt those people who wish to live a peaceful, happy life. I call on the court not to return to the past and reject the MOJ’s claim

Thank you for posting this, and welcome to our online family, Brother Sand.^_^

((((((((((((((((((( Brother Vasily Kalin,  )))))))))))))))))))))))))

My!  What an amazing, heart-wrenching witness!!!!:(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I wonder if the brothers and sisters can gather freely for the Celebration. Was the work not interrupted on March 23? Can they meet? See this article below. Are not they waiting for the Supreme Court's final decision whether they can come back or stop?

http://www.newsweek.com/russia-suspends-jehovahs-witnesses-extremism-573536 

9 minutes ago, Bjern said:

The court announces a break until April 12, 2017 10:00 am.

The Memorial is on the 11th. Will this mean that the Memorial will be undisturbed?

Bjern,

Who can guaranty that? :)  This 3 days hearing did not give special protection to brothers in Russia. We all hope that the things should be ok over there.

6 minutes ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

Bjern,

Who can guaranty that? :)  This 3 days hearing did not give special protection to brothers in Russia. We all hope that the things should be ok over there.

I just think it's amazing that it has been put off til the day after the Memorial. It's something to pray about anyway.

the world is watching.........don't think they will disturb our memorial 

If they still plan to ban us, they might give us the "freedom" to attend the memorial

for the last time....and don't forget Jehovah's power ...

if he is behind the delay after the 11th April, he will make it happen, that they leave us in peace....

At least the brothers will be able to observe the Memorial season in peace, perhaps invite some people, and perhaps give a witness that we love peace, brotherhood, our neighbours, and our God, and that we are looking forward to much better days. Our hearts and prayers are with everyone out there who are being subjected to persecution and unjust treatment for being a follower of the Christ.

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I love Bro Kalin's statement to the court, actually quoting one official:

"You can liquidate a legal entity, but never someone's faith"

So true

In a more day-to-day way, these words remind me the words an old man told me many years ago, he was from Cuba, he had suffered 'extremism' the cuban way; he told me:

Learn, because nobody can retrieve, withdraw, take away the knowledge you are acquiring from your brain, it's yours, it belongs to nobody else than you...

Edited by Patinage

'profane' in FR doesn't have the same meaning in EN

I wonder if our Russian lawyer brothers will mention the letters of support from around the world.

It would be nice to have that in the court records.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

12 minutes ago, rocket said:

Sister Thelier might object to being called Brother.  :lol1:

Sorry.  Hard to guess gender when the only clue you got to go on is sand.  ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 minute ago, rocket said:

You might want to look again.

Sand.png

Yeah, but she calls herself The Lier, so what are we to believe??

:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D