JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1413 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 minutes ago, Dages said:

Not really clear : 

10:28 objections to the presentation of all proceeds to the defendants. But above all, the lawyer Omelchenko seeks to adduce statements from the Russian newspaper dates entry in FSEM of certain publications. Court attaches.

The queue of objections goes to the defendants. However, first of all, the lawyer Omelchenko applies for the inclusion in the case of extracts from the Russian newspaper with the dates of the entry of certain publications into the FSEM. The court adjuncts.

1 minute ago, And_Ray said:

The queue of objections goes to the defendants. However, first of all, the lawyer Omelchenko applies for the inclusion in the case of extracts from the Russian newspaper with the dates of the entry of certain publications into the FSEM. The court adjuncts.

Thanks for translating the translation.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

4 minutes ago, And_Ray said:

Still don't understand the comments?

Just now, Zacchaeus The Short said:

I'm driving brother. When I'm on red traffic light, checking the report. Sorry for not be able to help. 

Just concentrate on driving !

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

I'm driving brother. When I'm on red traffic light, checking the report. Sorry for not be able to help. 

Wouldn't advise to check phone while driving, even when at red lights.....safety first! We miss you on here, but we would like to have you around for (a few) more days......:)

1 minute ago, Skye said:

Wouldn't advise to check phone while driving, even when at red lights.....safety first! We miss you on here, but we would like to have you around for (a few) more days......:)

He's using "split eye technique"

Left eye on the phone

Right eye on the road

LOL

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

The turn of the objection goes to the defendants. However, first of all, the lawyer Omelchenko applies for the inclusion in the case of extracts from the Russian newspaper with the dates of the entry of certain publications into the FSEM. The court adjuncts.

Layman's Translation:

Our lawyer requested that various official dates found in Russian newspapers be included as evidence.

These are official dates which state when certain JW publications were listed on the FSEM .

So the goal of our lawyers is likely to show how Russian police and the local courts have taken action against various congregations when finding "extremist" literature. But the literature that they found and claim is extremist was not on the FSEM or "Extremist Materials" list according to these official dates posted in the Russian newspapers!

So our lawyers will ask, "How could any legal action be taken against the congregations when the literature that was found by police was not even on the FSEM?"

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

10:35 The first acts Vasily Kalin, Chairman of the Steering Committee of the "Jehovah's Witnesses Administrative Center in Russia." Legitimate whether today's efforts to ban the Witnesses? For 26 years, the center has not been brought to justice for extremism. "If we are all these years have been good, at which point we have extremists?" If the ban happens to be inflicted substantial harm, and persecution has already begun. People will be prosecuted only for a joint reading of the Bible, and we've been through. We already put on a par with organizations such as the Taliban, and other Aum Senriko. The position of Jehovah's Witnesses is unchanged: to obey the authorities, to pray for them. Always adhere to the principles of peace.
10:45 Kalin said the circumstances of the repression of religion in the Soviet Union, which he remembers himself. It shows the court a certificate rehabilitated victims of political repression. He asks what is now witness wants him and his co-religionists to give the Ministry of Justice? Actions of Justice reject the country in the past.
10:50 By the Deputy Kalina, Sergei Cherepanov. He explains what measures have been taken the center of Jehovah's Witnesses for the prevention of extremism.

I like the fact that the Judges sat on these questions overnight and didn't get any clear answer from the ministry of justice this morning. 

The ministry of justice wants to use the actions of some of the 395 organisations as a way to liquidate the administrative center but on the first day they asked them not to be included in the claim/case. Lol

The ministry of justice wants to use our literature that became banned as proof that we imported and disseminated extremist literature. The judge rejects this because the literature was put on the banned list after it was distributed/made and there would of been no way to work out what would be banned.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

4 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

The turn of the objection goes to the defendants. However, first of all, the lawyer Omelchenko applies for the inclusion in the case of extracts from the Russian newspaper with the dates of the entry of certain publications into the FSEM. The court adjuncts.

Layman's Translation:

Our lawyer requested that various official dates found in Russian newspapers be included as evidence.

These are official dates which state when certain JW publications were listed on the FSEM .

So the goal of our lawyers is likely to show how Russian police and the local courts have taken action against various congregations when finding "extremist" literature. But the literature that they found and claim is extremist was not on the FSEM or "Extremist Materials" list according to these official dates posted in the Russian newspapers!

So our lawyers will ask, "How could any legal action be taken against the congregations when the literature was not even on the FSEM?"

That could potentially overthrow whole case .. because there is no case.

I like this development.

Edited by Gregexplore

I can't help but keep thinking:

Ezekial 36:23 ‘I will certainly sanctify my great name,+which was profaned among the nations, which you profaned among them; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah,’+ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘when I am sanctified among you before their eyes.

The Bee

This is a very good start

Cherepanov mentions cases of throws and falsifications that were reported to law enforcement agencies, but are completely ignored by the police and other bodies. There is no doubt that the center of Jehovah's Witnesses has taken all possible measures to counter extremism. The deputy prosecutor general, who signed a warning a year ago to Jehovah's Witnesses, refused a meeting at which it would be possible to clarify what other measures the supervisory authority could expect from Jehovah's Witnesses.
11:05 Cherepanov mentions cases of fraud had been planted and which have been declared to law enforcement agencies, however, completely ignored by the police and other authorities. There is no doubt that Jehovah's Witnesses center has taken all possible measures to counter extremism. Deputy Attorney General, who a year ago signed a warning of Jehovah's Witnesses, refused to meet, which could clarify what further action the supervisor might expect from the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Edited by Dages

12 minutes ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

Bro there's no point in breaking the law to keep an eye on what's happening. Jehovah doesn't want any of us to do that. Get to where your going and catch up in one go. There's enough people here posting the updates till your safe to do so.

Ps -:  hope you didn't read this while driving :squeeze:

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

10:57

Cherepanov mentions that the center of Jehovah's Witnesses is on the list of the most dangerous organizations. He is not a lawyer, but thinks that the actions of the ministry lead the fight against extremism on a false track. In recent years, 20 criminal cases have been instituted against Jehovah's Witnesses under article "Extremism." Although most cases ended in acquittals, the rights of believers were significantly violated, and their lives were marred.

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)