JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1406 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

If we "win' today's hearing  and Ministry of Justice charges against us are dismissed, how then would this effect old "rulings?"

Logic dictates that we can't be labelled as "extremists" and in other city not? 

Would "win" allowed us opportunity to lodge appeal on older rulings?

RUSSIAN SUPREME COURT FINDS LIQUIDATION OF STARY OSKOL JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES LEGAL

RIA Novosti, 16 June 2016

The Supreme Court of the Russian federation on Thursday found the liquidation of the affiliate of the Jehovah's Witnesses from Stary Oskol (Belgorod province) because of its extremist tendency to be legal, an RIA Novosti correspondent reports from the courtroom.

"The Judicial Board decided to find the court's decision ruling the religious organization of Jehovah's Witnesses of the city of Stary Oskol to be an extremist organization and liquidating it to be legal and justified and to leave it unchanged and the appeal requesting the quashing of this decision without satisfaction," the judge said.

Last week the Supreme Court made a similar decision regarding the affiliate of the organization from Belgorod.

Representatives of Jehovah's Witnesses regularly have problems with the law in Russia. In 2015 a court also liquidated the Jehovah's Witnesses in Obninsk (Kaluga province).

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 hours ago, Lance said:

Well this is the Supreme Court of the Russian federation... hence the appeal..they are referring to other courts decisions and passing judgement on their legal opinions .. yesterday was they excepted most of the lower court decisions .. today they are calling into question some of those judgements.. personally I think the longer this goes on the better it is for us .. all the methodology and judgements become internationally known and exposed,  and becomes a matter of court record which can be challenged at the European court .. assuming that Russia will respect it's judgement...
There is at least two other aspects we have to consider... international embarrassment and Russia's judicial separation of justice and political powers.. that is a huge area for international investment. 

5 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Hmm thinking on this ... 20 million Muslims in Russia and only 175,000 Jehovah's Witnesses, we share airtime with big stories, and not all are negative ... Jehovah is creating a world wide witness with only 175,000 people. WOW. Watching Jehovah is like watching a conductor of an orchestra skillfully bringing the right instruments at precisely the right time.

Third and Final Day - maybe, maybe not (probably not!)  https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/court-federation-20170406/

Speak about Advertise, Advertise, Advertise  the King and His Kingdom -  each day is bringing more and more Worldwide publicity, and  at the most opportune time - The Memorial!

Jehovah definitely does it with extraordinary Style!             -               What a beautiful, artfully done culmination of campaigns! 

get some rest, it's probably gonna be a long day  (starts in @ 4 hours)  ...    

https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://jw-russia.org/news/17040510-129.html 

Lets continue to do our part be going full force forward with our Memorial invitation campaign! 

Stay focused - only 4 days left!

Edited by timpin

2 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Anyone know about what time the hearing starts in our time zones here in the U.S?  :shrugs:

It's almost 6am in Moscow, they said the doors open at 9am ... give another 4 hours and we should be "rolling' (I think?)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

29 minutes ago, MentalProject said:

What do you mean? The next case in hall 4038 is on Monday 10th April. 

I misread the date, it looked like it was scheduled for 10:30 the same day.

Move along folks, nothing to see here....:blushing:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Dove said:

3:00 am on the East Coast

11 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Anyone know about what time the hearing starts in our time zones here in the U.S?  :shrugs:

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

21 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Midnight California time...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

57 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

In three hours  and ten minutes from my post LOL.

(Two hours and ten minutes when the court is open).

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 minute ago, Stormswift said:

In three hours  and ten minutes from my post

Is that the post closest to the house or the one on the other end of the fence?

:whistling:

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

Is that the post closest to the house or the one on the other end of the fence?

:whistling:

Its the rotten one closest to my house ... which means you add about ten seconds walk time. Got it turtle?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

21 minutes ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

Starts at 8am U.K. time. (As used in heaven.) :D

Hmmmmph ... actually ... Greenwich meantime was from John Longitude Harrison ... sorry to burst your bubble ... im good at doing that. *Chuckles. 

(he was Tom's 4th or 5th Great grandfather - Awake did an article on him some years ago he's very intriguing).

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

If we "win' today's hearing  and Ministry of Justice charges against us are dismissed, how then would this effect old "rulings?"

Logic dictates that we can't be labelled as "extremists" and in other city not? 

Would "win" allowed us opportunity to lodge appeal on older rulings?

This made me think of the brothers that are in prison now for this reason... if there is a positive outcome could it overturn their sentences and set them free? Hopeful thought..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Can you just begin to imagine how any other religions in the world would handle this situation?!!  No one has the faith we have in our Almighty God Jehovah - we have implicit trust that whatever he does is according to his will and we will roll with the punches!  No other religion has that kind of trust in it's deity/God!  In fact, because the Russian Orthodox Church has no trust in the god they worship, they are putting this hardship on Jehovah's Witnesses!  If they were worshipping the true God, why would they be so threatened by us?!!!  Their God (Satan) gives them no support or reason to trust in him.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

It's a different faith too ... because our faith is based on REAL promises to come, which gives a uniting effect ... it's not faith because we are told to believe ... I do feel like we are one big family ... I wonder if they will ever know how many are watching this court case, in heaven and on earth?

2 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

It's a different faith too ... because our faith is based on REAL promises to come, which gives a uniting effect ... it's not faith because we are told to believe ... I do feel like we are one big family ... I wonder if they will ever know how many are watching this court case, in heaven and on earth?

There is no way that ANYONE in Satan's world could comprehend our Universal family!!!  I can barely comprehend it!!! LOL

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Learning about Tsarist Russia at school, I remember how they missed the 'enlightenment' and the constitutional changes happening in Europe. The serfs were emancipated later as well, and people suffered greatly by the strong influence of the church. I think that is why they have been so subservient to their overlords. They've been pushed around ao much.

We can only hope the right hearted ones see the rubbish being heaped on us.

Looks like the thread is starting to fill up ... waves to bogartd, chocobro, mdj, luisabola, bobo, sally, hartley, everlastinglifeinview and Doug. 

Love to all. I'm nervous and excited at the same time.

Edited by Stormswift