JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1393 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

PART ONE:  Simplified for anyone interested...

14"30 Brothers tried to get the court to stop the case since they kept saying no to everything we asked yesterday (and that's clearly not fair)

Judge said:  Don't care not stopping anything

Brothers asked:  Will you let us present official documents that prove Jehovah's Witnesses are persecuted all over the world.

14"40 Judge said: ok

Their Lawyer presents his arguments:  We should declare them ALL illegal because  other judges  have already said lots of congregations are criminal.

Judge:  Why do you want to ban the Watchtower organization AND  their activity?  How can you ban an activity that hasn't happened yet.  Do you mean you want to ban their registered congregations? 

Them: No, because Bethel didn't give us a list of all their congregations so we can't ask you to ban them all.

Judge:  Why do you want us to Judge the Wathchtower Bethel  like a business when they don't do Business.  Plus the  congregations are not the same as their Bethel.

Their Lawyer:  Because their Bethel lawyers were at all the cases against the brothers and sisters,   We should ban them because they break laws of human rights: They don't let people get medical treatments.

Judge:  Can you prove that?

Their Lawyer:  er... no.

1 5"24 Judge :  If you just inspected their headquarters you should be able to provide proof of this.

Whew!  Talk about taking emotions on a roller coaster ride.:wacko:

Down and up and down and up.  Hold on tight.  Tomorrow, a big curve may be coming up.:unsure:

Praying sure helps.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

That's midnight in California...

It means some of you in USA will stay up whole noght. :) 

In uk will be 8am when the court hearing resumes but I wouldn't be at home to support you brothers.

I think Its worth if any of you takes over for tomorrow.

Sorry. 

Edited by Zacchaeus The Short

I know I don't want to prolong the anguish our dear brothers & sisters must be feeling right now in Russia to get a ruling, one way or another, but wouldn't it be great if the court could actually postpone it till next Wednesday! Then they can enjoy the Memorial, the most important day of the year!......

1 minute ago, Samira said:

what time will it be here in UK?

8am

So Peter was being kept in the prison, but the congregation was intensely praying to God for him.--Acts 12:5

Whatever our Heavenly Father wills  the final outcome to be, it is this lesson that cannot be disputed:

As Jehovah has heard his servants prayers for the Apostle Peter when he was persecuted/arrested; so too He has heard our intense prayers for our Russian brothers and sisters.  (And it certainly does help that Brother Sanderson is "in the midst" to provide spiritual encouragement and support. )

Who is like our God Jehovah?

3 minutes ago, Samira said:

what time will it be here in UK?

Go to this website: http://dateandtime.info/index.php

Look to the right & fill in the boxes you want. It'll give you the time difference.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

3 minutes ago, Jothob said:

wouldn't it be great if the court could actually postpone it till next Wednesday! Then they can enjoy the Memorial, the most important day of the year!......

Jathob,

That would be great indeed! :)  

Lets hope for good but be ready for the worst too. The prayers are the only way we can endure to the end of this court hearing. 

3 minutes ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

Jathob,

That would be great indeed! :)  

Lets hope for good but be ready for the worst too. The prayers are the only way we can endure to the end of this court hearing. 

So true.....also thank you for your help in keeping us all up to date with what's going on.  Very much appreciated....

I shall pray for our dear brothers & sisters all night. 

11 minutes ago, kejedo said:

I don't know anything about this judge or if Russia currently has court levels for appeals.  I'm suspicions that  the judge is trying to make it look like a fair trial, because of all the attention it has garnered.

kejedo,

Good point. You just read my mind to be honest. I'm very very suspicious to this hearing. Yesterday was so bad. Today all the sadden it looks fair hearing. I don't want to be negative but I want to be realistic. Again and again, prayers to our God Jehovah is the best thing we can do as always! I want to be balanced, not to expect too much from this second positive day. Lets wait and see how will bring tomorrow. 

Edited by Zacchaeus The Short

Spelling.

PART TWO:  Simplified for anyone that might be interested...

15"30 (Judge):  Do you want us to ban individuals getting together to pray?

Their Lawyer:  Yes.

Judge: Do you ever review your list of extremist books

Their Lawyer:  er... yes sometimes

Judge says Witnesses can ask their Lawyer questions

Our Lawyer first asks the Judge to ignore a document about a blood case,  the document doesn't even mention JWs. 

Judge says:  Ok throw it out. 

Our Lawyer:  Do you (the Ministry of Justice) have any proof our literature has made people violent?

Them: No

15"57 Our Lawyer: You haven't forgotten you said we should be banned because  1) our literature makes people violent 2) We financing the congregations and 3) we don't stop our members from being extremists.

Them:  Yes, oh and you violate human and civil rights 

Our Lawyer:  Okay so what should we have done to prevent our members from being extremist?

Them:  I don't know

Our Lawyer:  If we are so "extremist" why is only 0.1% of our literature banned and the rest is according to you okay?  And why are you asking for the JWs to be banned because of our literature when for the last 2 years none of our literature has been imported into Russia?  And why are you asking for us to be banned now for spreading dangerous literature but in the last 12 months you have found no proof of this?

Them:  There are no dates of when the dangerous literature was spread, only that it was spread.

Judge Asks them:  So do you really think we can ban a religion because of it imported books in the past and then were later labeled as extremist? How can an organization know in that years down the line the books would be banned

Them:  No, they only have to not import books that are currently on the list. 

Our Lawyer:  Okay you want to ban the worldwide organization of Jehovah's Witnesses  in Russia - can you define it?  Is it a legal definition?  

Them:  No rather its a religious definition

Our Lawyer:  When you speak of all the congreations as being like branches this "structural unit" what do you mean?  is that a religious or a legal term?

Them: Same difference (both religious and legal)

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Don't forget to keep these brothers and sisters involved with this case in your prayers. Also, remember to pray for the judges that they may listen and render a favourable decision. (1 Thessalonians 5:17; 1 Timothy 2:1, 2)

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I posted this to many news outlets yesterday here and especially in Russia via twitter. A picture is worth a thousand words.

1.jpg

Edited by Sally

~We were sent to preach not to judge~ 

~Be kind to one another because all of us are suffering one way or another. This is our refuge from oppression~

:)