JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1411 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

11:39 Zhenkov draws attention to the fact that cases related to the recognition of the literature of Jehovah's Witnesses as extremist have been appealed to the ECHR. 22 complaints and combined into one production. In response to a request from the Strasbourg Court, the Russian Federation formally acknowledged that the literature of Jehovah's Witnesses does not contain open calls for violence.
11:45 The Supreme Court repeatedly ruled that the cases of recognizing the materials of Jehovah's Witnesses as extremist did not affect the rights of the "Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia", and these decisions were not abolished. And the Ministry of Justice now believes that on the contrary, it affects the rights of the center. But this is a mistake.

Zhenkov will get a beer when I meet him in Paradise ! Good work !

11:45
The Supreme Court has repeatedly held that the case of the recognition of the Jehovah's Witnesses as extremist materials shall not affect the rights of the "Jehovah's Witnesses Administrative Center in Russia", and these solutions are not canceled. A Justice Department now believes that on the contrary, affects ¬eto Law Center. But this is a mistake.

Sent from my Alcatel_7049D using Tapatalk

Two hours in to the third day of the trial.  Hard to handle the long silences between updates.  Guess they are called 'trials' for a good reason.^_^

Thanks to the updaters and clarifiers, for keeping us all 'in the loop'.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Anyone translate the PDF document at 11:13?

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

The organisation knew what they were doing when they asked us to send all our letters. These judges know how big the audience is for this case and the brothers knew that given the floor in front of the whole world our lawyers could produce reasoning like this. This certainly will make them want to make the right legal decision. :ok:

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Yep just noticed that after I clicked on it ... thanks 

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Live Updates:  https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://jw-russia.org/news/17040510-129.html  

During the mid-day break coming up soon @ 12:30, keep in mind another court case -  this is the first day of our Memorial Bible reading   ...   http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/h/r1/lp-e

Memorial Bible reading: (Daytime events: Nisan 9)  Luke 19:29-44 

Lets continue to do our part be going full force forward with our Memorial invitation campaign! 

Stay focused - only 4 days left!

Edited by timpin

18 minutes ago, Dages said:
11:39 Zhenkov draws attention to the fact that ...

Zhenkov will get a beer when I meet him in Paradise ! Good work !

Zhenkov is like apostle Paul when defending before the Sanhedrin.  I think apostle Paul is proud of him. US,  too! :ecstatic:

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

Read the PDF it is fills in the gaps of understanding ... the brothers were very through ... FSB heavily involved .. 

11:55 Lawyer Zhenkov documents that the printed materials were never imported into the country after they were recognized as extremist. This also applies to all episodes that the Ministry of Justice imputes to believers in their lawsuit.
12:05 When almost every publication in the country was imported to the center of Jehovah's Witnesses, there were results of examinations that did not reveal any signs of extremism in them. Thus, the center could not foresee that these or other materials can be considered extremist. Legislation is based on the principles of legal certainty and predictability of the consequences of certain actions. However, in the actions of state bodies against Jehovah's Witnesses this principle is clearly not observed.

4 minutes ago, Lance said:

Read the PDF it is fills in the gaps of understanding ... the brothers were very through ... FSB heavily involved .. 

I can't.  It won't translate for me. :'( 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

21 minutes ago, Lance said:

Anyone translate the PDF document at 11:13?

Could someone post a link to an English translation please. For the iChallenged.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Just now, GeordieGirl said:

I can't.  It won't translate for me. :'( 

Don't worry sis unless there is a "Google Legal Jargon Translate" I will be relying on the brothers and sisters to help me LOL 

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

12.10        Speech representative Respondent Toporov. "The extremism of Jehovah's Witnesses remains extremism on paper." No victims, victims or victims of alleged "extremist" activities, either the Prosecutor's Office or the Justice Ministry could not have imagined.
12:12    Топоров refutes the thesis of the Ministry of Justice on "financing of extremism". The financial aid directed by the LRO was directed to the service of liturgical buildings, payment of public utilities, sometimes to help believers who suffered from natural disasters.

7 hours ago, Samira said:

12.10        Speech representative Respondent Toporov. "The extremism of Jehovah's Witnesses remains extremism on paper." No victims, victims or victims of alleged "extremist" activities, either the Prosecutor's Office or the Justice Ministry could not have imagined.
12:12    Топоров refutes the thesis of the Ministry of Justice on "financing of extremism". The financial aid directed by the LRO was directed to the service of liturgical buildings, payment of public utilities, sometimes to help believers who suffered from natural disasters.

Everything is clear?

To translate go back to post 1764 

have translate.google.com installed on your device 

hit Dages link he provided and it should translate for you.. 

12:17 Representative of the Axes: The Ministry of Justice encourages the Supreme Judiciary of the country to resort to double standards. Earlier, the court, with the support of the Ministry of Justice, held a consistent position that decisions against local organizations did not affect the rights of the Management Center. Now the position of the ministry has changed to the exact opposite. It is trying to extend the sanctions imposed on several local organizations to the center and to all the other 395 local religious organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses.
12:22 Toporov analyzes the legal meaning of the concept of "entering the structure of a centralized organization". Referring to the legislation, statutes and legal opinions, Toporov shows that we are talking only about the canonical, spiritual connection. Local religious organizations are not branches and representations of a centralized organization.

Edited by Dages

12.37     Toporov explains that centralized and local organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses are not responsible for each other's obligations. The Center is not the founder of any of the LROs. Each of them has its own membership of founders of 10 or more citizens. Each LRO has its own unique name, its own charter, detached property, the right to enter into civil-law contracts. Referring to the judge, Toporov cites an analogy: the entire judicial system of Russia is a single structure, but the regional courts are not structural subdivisions of the Supreme Court, but are independent institutions.

clever explanation...

Edited by Samira