JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1455 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It's embarrassing ...  

Russian media portray Jehovah's Witnesses as American spies

"Youths are sent on supposed survival expeditions in the guise of Jehovah's Witnesses. Literally 2 to 2.5 years ago they arrested such an expedition on the border of Pskov province, where they tried to collect information about military objects that are located on the border with the Baltic states. This information was instantly dispatched by instructors, and the instructors, naturally, were from American intelligence services," retired General Major Valery Malevanny, the vice-president of the Berkut Association of Veterans of Special Services, declared.

:surrender:

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

19 minutes ago, Sheep said:

It's actually Portuguese. I'm not sure how Araujo JW does it, but all his quoted posts are translated into Portuguese.

I have a program for translating my page into Portuguese, but I would not have imagined that it would automatically translate a quote from the site page. :lol1:

Last night I was reading a hard copy of  an old Awake magazine (Religion in Russia--What is its' Future) from 16 years ago.  Here is a noteworthy remembrance:

This April 2017 marks the 67th anniversary of the then-Soviet Union's attack and subsequent exile to Siberia on Jehovah's Witnesses.  Vasily Kalin's relative relates their experience in that article entitled:  "A Focus of the Soviet Attack".  Here is an excerpt from the April 22, 2001 Awake and you can read it online also at this link:  http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102001284#h=8

One of the Targets

Jehovah’s Witnesses have been one of the chief targets of the attack led by the Russian Orthodox Church. On June 20, 1996, the Moscow prosecutor’s office began to consider a lawsuit initiated by the anticult Committee for the Protection of Youth From False Religions. Although the case was recessed time and again because of absence of evidence of criminal behavior on the part of the Witnesses, each time it was revived.

In the meantime, the Witnesses became the objects of a barrage of propaganda. Komsomolskaya Pravda, a Russian newspaper with a circulation of 1,200,000, noted in its issue of November 21, 1998: “Over a period of only two years, the Russian Orthodox Church has released more than ten books, brochures, and handbooks ‘dedicated’ to the Jehovist community.” Why has the church focused on trying to discredit the Witnesses?

“Likely,” Komsomolskaya Pravda continued, “it is primarily because just over the last seven years the number of the organization’s members has grown tenfold, and the Russian Orthodox Church, like any hierarchical organization, doesn’t like competitors.”

Jesus Christ said of his true disciples: “You are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.” And God’s Word pointedly asks: “Adulteresses, do you not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God?” (John 15:19; James 4:4) Thus, as the Bible presents it, the church made itself a religious harlot with whom “the kings of the earth committed fornication.” It has shown itself to be part of what the Bible calls “Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth.”—Revelation 17:1-6.

It is a deeply troubling yet fascinating account of what the brothers and sisters have had to endure under the rule of Soviet oppression for the last 100 years.  (Sidenote:  All I had to do was omit Stalin's name and replace it with Putin and the tactics remain the same (i.e. propaganda, slander, arrest and imprisonment).  The only difference is Putin hasn't decided on the exiles of JW's.)  Whether we are one year or 50 years in the Truth, this Awake magazine will remind you of the deep-seeded persecution of JW's up until this day and how, despite the persecution, Jehovah is STILL proclaiming his name throughout Russia now and to all parts of the earth.

Edited by carlos

Those pics of Putin with that RO harlot make me feel quite sick.  Literally.  

Even though my personal life was in total chaos at the time, I well remember that 2001 Awake. Must have made an impact.  I will definitely have another read. Thank you for sharing.

Will be praying hard for our brothers today. Just over 8 hours to go

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Sandra that was fabulous research. It mirrored some of my research in history from the church and why they're doing what they are. Isn't it amazing how there's 'nothing new under the sun'? Same tactics, same lies. And people fall for it every time.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

You did well my sister. Note though that the 1 April deadline was for sending, not reaching the destination. 

It is not important where we serve nor in what capacity but, rather, whom we serve. MARKUS HARTLIEF

4 minutes ago, Margaret said:

Ross, are you in saint ignace? I'm 50 mi s. of the Big Mack.

No. 58f7005aa2faa_Nogrinning.gif.458a2ac887de0105cd95e0bfb8b16220.gif I live smack dab between Marquette and Escanaba, in the very heart of the U.P..  

How cool that you are a Michigander, too.cool2.gif.e4ddf3611d2bb86e0c0f2113c4eae79e.gif

Nice ta meet yah!58f7007e2f5f1_HelloNicetameetyah.gif.e5ddb3bea471ec70d8cdff02d0c10d35.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

7 PM here in New Zealand - Wednesday evening. Snuggled up in bed, ready to watch if it's time for Jehovah's will to be done ... or to support our brothers and sisters if it goes badly. 

Hey there Anniebea, Ross and DIna.    I spy Neil down there too! *waves.

6 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Good evening, er, morning!  Coffee's on! 

58f70a227be2c_coffeebrewer.gif.173660d4bbba95070ba0d9e74f76b2e2.gif   Coffee7.gif.e76db8d90f613ecd4b969a88e98c10b7.gif58f70a2b73e1a_coffeesteamingcup.gif.311e16732bbaf35c77b3e87ad8bd6088.gifCoffee7.gif.e76db8d90f613ecd4b969a88e98c10b7.gif58f70a2b73e1a_coffeesteamingcup.gif.311e16732bbaf35c77b3e87ad8bd6088.gif

58f70a3471900_Computer2.gif.8d98dd5a32e94c6864e32260f62faed4.gifCoffee1.gif.895b9acfaf9b763564110753bc27bfde.gif

My coffee cup is bigger than yours!

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."