JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Check on truth quality news sites

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2533 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Not only fake news sites are pumping up from the ground. And It's getting harder to check the truth on these news items. 

Also fake videos are going around to make news items more trustworthy.

Brothers and sisters from our congregation send these items as if they are true.

Because it could be even harder for us who doesn't live in the place where the news item was reported from to check the trustworthy. I thought it would fine to start a new thread where news items can be posted if you don't know if it is true.

And someone can apply if the newsitem is false, true or even a malisious site.

My first item is a youtube link. I haven't heard anything about it on the media , and got the item from a Brother.  I'm curious if this is scam or based on truth. 

2 hours ago, skipdaflip said:

I thought it would fine to start a new thread where news items can be posted if you don't know if it is true.

Hi Kim. Welcome to JWTalk! :welcome:

None of us here are experts in identifying true or fake news, although often fake stories are easy to tell when you look at their sources. When some news is posted we try to make sure they're reliable since we don't want our site to be spreading lies, but that doesn't mean we get them 100% correct.

Anyway we can all contribute a lot not to spread false news just by applying a bit of common sense. :)

Glad that Richard gave the answer to your question. :)

2 hours ago, skipdaflip said:

Not only fake news sites are pumping up from the ground. And It's getting harder to check the truth on these news items. 

Also fake videos are going around to make news items more trustworthy.

Brothers and sisters from our congregation send these items as if they are true.

Because it could be even harder for us who doesn't live in the place where the news item was reported from to check the trustworthy. I thought it would fine to start a new thread where news items can be posted if you don't know if it is true.

My first item is a youtube link. I haven't heard anything about it on the media , and got the item from a Brother.  I'm curious if this is scam or based on truth. 

Jared Kushner bought from Jehovah Witness

You bring up one of my personal pet-peeves. I really distain unverified news championed as truth, especially about us, and I hate false news/lies just as anyone else does.

But bravo to you for wanting verification, and welcome as well!!

Thanks... I haven't missed that news. default_biggrin.png
But I have never heard about that Trump' s son in law Jared Kushner bought those Brooklyn buildings from us.
I'm curious if that's true.

It's true. https://www.jw.org/en/search/?q=Kushner

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, skipdaflip said:

Thanks... I haven't missed that news. :D

But I have never heard about that Trump' s son in law Jared Kushner bought those Brooklyn buildings from us.

I'm curious if that's true.

NEW YORK—On July 5, 2013, Jehovah’s Witnesses signed an agreement to sell a five-building complex formerly used for their printing operations in Brooklyn, New York, as well as a 30-story residence, to RFR and Kushner Companies.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The Kushner purchases were some time back (couple of years ago).  Kushner often partners with other real-estate companies (like RFR) as noted by the JW.ORG article in 2013 (that Tortuga mentioned).

I will re-read the jw.org article again.

Perhaps it didn't ring any bell cause the article is from 2013... and at that time Kushner wasn't very well known here in the Netherlands. Now he get more famous here because of Trump and Trump's actions. So perhaps that's my reason of not nowing this article and especially not the Youtube clip.

Thanks for the comments and warm welcome at this forum.

Your Brother Kim

I will re-read the jw.org article again.
Perhaps it didn't ring any bell cause the article is from 2013... and at that time Kushner wasn't very well known here in the Netherlands. Now he get more famous here because of Trump and Trump's actions. So perhaps that's my reason of not nowing this article and especially not the Youtube clip.

Thanks for the comments and warm welcome at this forum.
Your Brother Kim

We also interview Kushner about the condition of one of our building and he praised it sis kim :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :)