JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What happens when Queen Elizabeth II dies?

With all due respect I've been sort of expecting her death for a long time. It will feel a bit strange with Charles as king - for a couple of days, but that's about it for me. I think the death of Diana will remain of greater impact because of the suddenness and her age.

I wonder how she will cope if Prince Philip goes first? Very sad either way.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

With all due respect I've been sort of expecting her death for a long time. It will feel a bit strange with Charles as king - for a couple of days, but that's about it for me. I think the death of Diana will remain of greater impact because of the suddenness and her age.
I wonder how she will cope if Prince Philip goes first? Very sad either way.

Ĺ´e'll see what will happen to the economy and the stock market. Also, on top the political turmoil, she is a calming force, a constant, if you will.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 19/06/2017 at 7:40 AM, Stormswift said:

I disagree, if someone is on the throne that people don't like countries will start splintering off from the commonwealth, I can see NZ becoming a Republic or  maybe even part of Australia! LOL.

There is still a lot of support for remaining in the Commonwealth here in NZ . The death of the Queen and subsequent succession probably won't change that.

40 minutes ago, RichardPNZ said:

There is still a lot of support for remaining in the Commonwealth here in NZ . The death of the Queen and subsequent succession probably won't change that.

I think that would have been true ten years ago, the whole bid on the recent flag change, by certain factions, was to get away from a look that affiliated us with England .. and about that time if you watch places like Trademe Messageboard  -there is a very strong movement against being part of the commonwealth. Of course it is not in the interests of the Government at this moment to be seen as separating themselves from the Queen, hence the failure of flag chnage even though it was not in line with the referendum that was held.

I mean though as Jehovah's Witnesses I don't care one way or the other ... but yeah watch TM Messageboard it gets scary on there sometimes, actually its scary on there right now with all  the attacks in Europe and UK there are individuals who are very vocal about killing those they think are respeonsible even if they aren't. It's a good guage as to how NZ society is swaying.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2017 at 9:29 AM, Stormswift said:

..... if you watch places like Trademe Messageboard  -there is a very strong movement against being part of the commonwealth. Of course it is not in the interests of the Government at this moment to be seen as separating themselves from the Queen, hence the failure of flag chnage even though it was not in line with the referendum that was held.

but yeah watch TM Messageboard it gets scary on there sometimes, actually its scary on there right now with all  the attacks in Europe and UK there are individuals who are very vocal about killing those they think are respeonsible even if they aren't. It's a good guage as to how NZ society is swaying.

Isn't Trademe an online shopping site?  

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

22 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Isn't Trademe an online shopping site?  

Yup but it has a community with a messageboard - if you want up to date news even before the mainstream media gets, ie: Terrorist attacks. local earthquakes - you go to Trademe. Since we don't have Television its one site i just browse each day to know whats going on in NZ and the world.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Although her role is largely ceremonial and it has been stated that Elizabeth is just a figurehead, she actually has a lot of power, it is just that she chooses not to use it. She has to remain neutral as per which governemnt is in power, because the government is elected by the people but she can have input into that government and can agree or veto decisions. She has to pass any proposed bill into an actual law, so any proposed law that has passed through both the upper and lower Houses of Parliament is then forwarded to the Palace to be approved and signed by the Queen. She has vetoed bills on a number of occasions.  She could also fire the whole Australian government if it took her fancy to do so, so don't be misled about her power.  

She is much admired by a large percentage of the British public and still has many supporters within the Commonwealth so I think that if she dies before Armageddon, it will make a difference to both England and the Commonwealth.  

And for the record, although she doesn't have to, she has volutarily paid income tax and CGT since 1992.

8 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Yup but it has a community with a messageboard - if you want up to date news even before the mainstream media gets, ie: Terrorist attacks. local earthquakes - you go to Trademe. Since we don't have Television its one site i just browse each day to know whats going on in NZ and the world.

They are pretty heavy subjects to be discussing while you're shopping. :lol:

23 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Although her role is largely ceremonial and it has been stated that Elizabeth is just a figurehead, she actually has a lot of power, it is just that she chooses not to use it. She has to remain neutral as per which governemnt is in power, because the government is elected by the people but she can have input into that government and can agree or veto decisions. She has to pass any proposed bill into an actual law, so any proposed law that has passed through both the upper and lower Houses of Parliament is then forwarded to the Palace to be approved and signed by the Queen. She has vetoed bills on a number of occasions.  She could also fire the whole Australian government if it took her fancy to do so, so don't be misled about her power.  

She is much admired by a large percentage of the British public and still has many supporters within the Commonwealth so I think that if she dies before Armageddon, it will make a difference to both England and the Commonwealth.  

And for the record, although she doesn't have to, she has volutarily paid income tax and CGT since 1992.

They are pretty heavy subjects to be discussing while you're shopping. :lol:

A lot just turn up to go onto the messageboard i'm quite surprised how many have nil purchases. I don't shop there often  anymore since it has been opened up more internationally - originally it was just NZ ... so all sellers were subject to NZ laws, then they opened it to Australia and now internationally - it's just like ebay now and more risky.

TVNZ journalists are often scanning the boards too, ocassionally they may ask for posters with experience with certain topics for interviews. 

Take a look if you can get onto TM - its under the community tab. You'll be surprised.

Edited by Stormswift

• 11 months later...
On 6/18/2017 at 11:42 AM, Tortuga said:

Queen Elizabeth II is 91 year old, so I'm wondering what happens when she dies.

How will her death affect the political climate in the United Kingdom?

How will her death affect the Anglo/American relationship?

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-ii-dies-king-charles-2018-6

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

19 hours ago, Tortuga said:

She's a tough old lady and still in reasonable health. Her mother was 101 when she died.   If she lives as long as her mum, maybe she'll still be there when everything starts and none of that will matter.

Alternatively, maybe she'll hand the throne to Charles before then, (possible though not probable) and perhaps the wheels of commerce would keep grinding on, albeit slower for a period of time. B)

She will certainly get a surprise if she dies before Armageddon and subsequently gets a resurrection.  It will certainly be a shock for her to become a mere mortal like the rest of us, and shock! horror! have to be taught by one of us about what the Bible really says.

Edited by GeordieGirl

Its the same here in Canada. We too have a Governor General that is appointed and answers to the Queen. Our Bills  have to be sent to that person to receive royal ascension to become law. A ruling federal government has to go to that person to close parlement or call and election. Same thing if the government is shown to have no confidence they have to go to that person to shut down the government. If royals want to have a trip here we wind up paying for it and the security they require to keep them safe. After all its a privilege and honour  to have them visit us you know. 

Once a federal government is voted in they have to go to the GG to have permission to set up their government.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

If Queen Elizobeth should die I image the commerative coin of her 50th year reign would double in value. We iherited it, but $1500 to in the area of 3,000 to 4,000 dollers would probably limit my tears.:(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

17 minutes ago, Old said:

If Queen Elizobeth should die I image the commerative coin of her 50th year reign would double in value. We iherited it, but $1500 to in the area of 3,000 to 4,000 dollers would probably limit my tears.:(

Do you collect coins?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Hi Richard,

I know very little about the Queen or the British Monarchy, but if the Queen presently does not have much political influence, maybe the answer to your question is that nothing major will happen in the political climate of the UK after she dies. But on the other hand, I don't think an Archduke has much political power, but the assassination of 1 Archduke in 1914 triggered a major worldwide event!  So I guess we never know. :confused:

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Do you collect coins?

No, but my father-in-law did, thinking that the metals market would exceed inflation. We Have a big stack of Mexican silver Onzas, a quart or to of silver dollers, the 50th year regn of queen Elibeth coin and  couple of Kugerands. Not enough to retire on.  Whoops, to late for that anyway.

A Mexican Onza and bit of change will get you a grande latte, with a biscotti, almost anywhere in the world. The coinage is worth far more than the $40,000 woth of bank stock that evaporated  in the 2008 recession. Bank stock makes lousy wall paper.:(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.