Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What happens when Queen Elizabeth II dies?


We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1418 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

She   Is a figurehead, just there to tick boxes more or less when a new PM is elected. She has no say in what happens in government, or in Europe. So as Shawn said, she'll be replaced by Charles (if the people still want a monarchy by then).  Commonwealth countries like Australia are represented by the Governor-General, who has powers to dismiss a government (like 1975). Republican movements may exploit her future death as the monarchy is increasingly meaningless, and expensive, in this modern age.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Old said:

  Sure beats, What if North Korea attacks Hawaii....?  :ecstatic:

I had hoped that was going to be a serious discussion of how that threat of an attack could trigger world events. Unfortunately the topic wasn't taken seriously and degraded to a joke rather quickly. I was very disappointed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Life is full of disappointments Tort.

 

There could be an interesting scenario should Queen Elizabeth die, and since Charles is certainly next in line, many in the commonwealth won't accept Camilla so whether Charles will abdicate in favour of William as he is younger and more contemporary I don't know, but those are the murmurings we are hearing in NZ ... NZ is not into the Royals like they once were in general, but they do seem to  like Will and Kate.

 

Will be interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Queen Elizabeth II is 91 year old, so I'm wondering what happens when she dies.
How will her death affect the political climate in the United Kingdom?
How will her death affect the Anglo/American relationship?

I don't think she plans to die. I think she plans to outlive them all just to spite them.


Johan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tortuga said:

I had hoped that was going to be a serious discussion of how that threat of an attack could trigger world events. Unfortunately the topic wasn't taken seriously and degraded to a joke rather quickly. I was very disappointed. 

I think the topic was too overwhelming. Serious contemplation of the chain of events that would be started would be worse than "On The Beach."

For pointing humor at 'one island in exchange for one country.' I apologize, not funny. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Queen consort

Queen consort
A queen consort is the wife of a reigning king. In Brunei, the wife of the Sultan is known as a Raja Isteri with prefix Pengiran Anak, equivalent with queen consort in English, as were the consorts of tsars when Bulgaria was still a monarchy. A queen consort usually shares her husband's social rank and status. She holds the feminine equivalent of the king's monarchical titles, but historically, she does not share the king's political and military powers. A queen regnant is a queen in her own right with all the powers of a monarch, who has become queen by inheriting the throne upon the death of the previous monarch.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I recall correctly she is the head of the Anglican church,  or holds some high position in it. Upon her death, and the subsequent appointment of her replacement,  maybe the olde church will get a little bit of reformation and modernization. ..leading to what,  I don't know. Change of some sort,  I would hope. .

She is looking pretty spry for a 91yr old, I guess clean living and being pampered her whole life has some benefits.  I have heard that she walks her dogs, and rides her horse, every day. ..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I had hoped that was going to be a serious discussion of how that threat of an attack could trigger world events. Unfortunately the topic wasn't taken seriously and degraded to a joke rather quickly. I was very disappointed. 

I don't understand the pretext. I believe the response is nothing. She has no effect on how Great Britain is governed.

 

Now if she were assassinated that would be interesting. I have been wondering when would the radicals attempt to take out Trump, and what would happen then. I feel like most of the US's enemies would not take out a sitting president in fear of retaliation against their leader plus some. But the muslim radicals leaders are under the gun all the time anyway.

 

I'm sure half the population of the US would cheer initially but what would they do after they realized the next Dem president could be a target also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

If I recall correctly she is the head of the Anglican church,  or holds some high position in it. Upon her death, and the subsequent appointment of her replacement,  maybe the olde church will get a little bit of reformation and modernization. ..leading to what,  I don't know. Change of some sort,  I would hope. .

She is looking pretty spry for a 91yr old, I guess clean living and being pampered her whole life has some benefits.  I have heard that she walks her dogs, and rides her horse, every day. ..

Church of ENgland

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2017 at 3:29 PM, Tortuga said:

I had hoped that was going to be a serious discussion of how that threat of an attack could trigger world events. Unfortunately the topic wasn't taken seriously and degraded to a joke rather quickly. I was very disappointed. 

Please don't be disappointed Brother Richard.  To the delight of many friends here, you have infused lighthearted, comical, and amusing quips into other friends' post as well.  (I've read where some are always looking forward to your posts to make their day a bit brighter.) Then too, some of your comical remarks have appeared in threads where the original poster did not intend to solicit replies of a facetious nature.)  That said, if you wish to propose a serious discussion on a general topic, maybe next time you may wish to add a few words to let  everyone know that this is what you are aiming for--a sincere discussion.

Best! :flowers:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Omo_Yeme said:

To the delight of many friends here, you have infused lighthearted, comical, and amusing quips into other friends' post as well.  (I've read where some are always looking forward to your posts to make their day a bit brighter.)

Thank you, I appreciate that.

 

1 hour ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Then too, some of your comical remarks have appeared in threads where the original poster did not intend to solicit replies of a facetious nature.) 

That is true, however I usually try to wait until the topic has run out of steam , has drifted off topic or has become contentious. I try very hard not to derail new topics that are still on topic and productive.

1 hour ago, Omo_Yeme said:

That said, if you wish to propose a serious discussion on a general topic, maybe next time you may wish to add a few words to let  everyone know that this is what you are aiming for--a sincere discussion.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for your response.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 22.1.2 (changelog)