JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

This AI can create fake videos that look real

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2439 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

7 minutes ago, harmania said:

Could this technology be used against JWS in GT? That computer created copy of Obama looks 100% real. They could fake messages from governing body in GT. Not saying it will happen but just came to my mind.

Woah!! That could be scary......

Even if they did make a video like that against us, they would have to use our audio.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

3 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

Even if they did make a video like that against us, they would have to use our audio.

Copying the studio would be the easy part.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Then, too, if anyone says to you, ‘See! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘See! There he is,’ do not believe it.  22 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will perform signs and wonders to lead astray, if possible, the chosen ones.  23 You, then, watch out. I have told you all things beforehand.

There was the experience where Soviet authorities wrote a letter to a local congregation pretending to be the Governing Body. Even had official letterhead, used scriptures, etc...  Looked d very real and official.  The local brothers did not fall for it. Something about the letter was off or didn't sound right. It didn't have the ring of truth.  The brothers took a chance and ignored the direction in that letter supposedly from the Branch.  It proved wise and the brothers avoided this trap of Satan. 

3 hours ago, Shawnster said:

There was the experience where Soviet authorities wrote a letter to a local congregation pretending to be the Governing Body. Even had official letterhead, used scriptures, etc...  Looked d very real and official.  The local brothers did not fall for it. Something about the letter was off or didn't sound right. It didn't have the ring of truth.  The brothers took a chance and ignored the direction in that letter supposedly from the Branch.  It proved wise and the brothers avoided this trap of Satan. 

That's scary. Seems par for the course in Russia. Where did you hear that? Do you have a link?

This shows us how important too that we are careful about the videos we watch on youtube ... if they could just change a few phrases in say convention videos or the one that is attached to the Australian Royal Commission, then we could be misled very easily.

If it comes through the congregation, then Jehovah's spirit like Shawn's example above, will tell us it's not quite right. We really need to have our wits about us now.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

It must have been a talk.  I don't have a link.

I too remember the story. I did a search through the yearbook that featured Russia, 2008 I think, and couldn't find it. It is unlikely we have ever been to the same convention, so we either read it in a publication or it was referenced in a program shared by many. I tried to find it in WT Library, but the wording was too vague to be successful. I am quite cynic when to comes to experiences that are 'too good to be true', so the fact that I remember this makes me think it had a good credential. I am going to keep looking.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

12 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Was it maybe a monthly broadcast?

or the 2014 International Convention?   We all heard many of the same videos there.

Or any convention since 2014 that had a video part.

Could be. Maybe some others might remember. Anyone? :help:

I remember hearing that in world war 2, some russian agents infiltrated our organization. They acted very spiritual and were even made to be elder, to leak information to goverment. And I remember reading or hearing that some of these agents, or maybe it was some prison worker, told Jw to sign paper to end his faith, because governing body were doing it too. Or something like this. I will try to search more accurate information about it.