JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Will microchips soon replace identification cards in the workplace?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2417 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/will-microchips-soon-replace-identification-cards-in-the-workplace/

A Wisconsin company claims it will be the first in the country to implant microchips in the hands of most of its employees. Three Square Market plans to use the technology to replace identification cards, which are commonly used to open doors and operate office equipment. Jamie Yuccas reports.

Wouldn't that be like introducing a foreign substance into your body that you would have to take a drug for to suppress your immune system so it doesn't reject it? 

I think it's already causing problems in the animals that have it.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

While I agree that I am not fond of the idea of having a microchip implanted in my hand .... I do have three gold markers in me and I know many people with defibrillators/pacemakers implanted.

1 hour ago, Dove said:

I think it's already causing problems in the animals that have it

Do you have a link to some "proof" of this - or is it just something you "think" ?

None of our "chipped" dogs have any problems - and they have been chipped for many, many, many years.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

27 minutes ago, Qapla said:

While I agree that I am not fond of the idea of having a microchip implanted in my hand .... I do have three gold markers in me and I know many people with defibrillators/pacemakers implanted.

Do you have a link to some "proof" of this - or is it just something you "think" ?

None of our "chipped" dogs have any problems - and they have been chipped for many, many, many years.

Have you googled  this, because I just did by typing in 'problems with microchips in animals' and got over a million hits. One of the more serious results from the chips is cancer. Many die just due to the implantation process itself.

Do any of your friends have to take an anti-rejection drug or drugs to ward off infection in the area ? My SIL and others, did.

I'm very glad to hear that your dogs had no bad reactions..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

My Mom only had to take something to keep heartbeat "normal" until the device "learned" her heart. Other than that, do drugs were required for rejection.

I had no reactions or problems with my gold markers - only the successful treatment they were implanted for (of course, these are not microchips, but they are metal)

1 hour ago, Dove said:

Have you googled  this, because I just did by typing in 'problems with microchips in animals' and got over a million hits.

That is why I asked if you had "links" or if it was something you just "thought" (based on your wording)

Before you asked, no I had not Googled it - did you? -  before you made your first post about them? - or did you Google it after I posted/asked?

5 minutes ago, Qapla said:

That is why I asked if you had "links" or if it was something you just "thought" (based on your wording)

Before you asked, no I had not Googled it - did you? -  before you made your first post about them? - or did you Google it after I posted/asked?

No, not something I just thought. I 'knew' from previous reading, but I googled it after your question so that I could send you a link as requested. But since there were so many  results, picking out just one or so to post and not knowing exactly what would interest you, I thought it would be easier and more to your advantage if you googled it yourself and chose whatever avenue of the topic you were most interested in knowing about it. I'm also not familiar with what sources you would trust the most getting the information from, so again giving you the option.

(Sometimes I use the expression 'I think' so as not to sound adamant or know-it-all) even when I 'know')..

11 hours ago, Woodland said:

In this economic climate it is possible to have several different jobs in a short period of time.

Or more than one job at the same time ...... 

• 3 weeks later...