JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hurricane Irma could be the next weather disaster

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2421 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

G'day friends. I have been watching what has been happening on the news.

Looks very freaky. Please be safe where ever you Brothers & Sisters are. Pray that Jehovah is with you dear family.

:grouphug:

Hope it doesn't last too much longer. 

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Some forecasters think the storm is shifting toward Orlando.

Our local news meteorologists are thinking the same thing. I'm wondering if the 11pm update track from the hurricane center will reflect this or if they still expect it to shift NNW.

Qapla, ydhj 'usiuudhj uwdjh pong! Hjdhufj uewheu. Wahn uwhdu uiwhduhy uehdeh uyurnn! Khan yyshh dhyudyh Ydhehduh ddudjhuhu. Zuie uujrujrujzo?

Qapla, I'm so glad you all are safe! Being without electricity is not too bad just glad everyone is safe and alive. Eventually the tree will be moved. They are annoying and scary, I've had two fall on my house. You will be okay. How many days food and water do you all have?

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

News Alerts
BREAKING NEWS | Hurricane Irma Update
Information is becoming available regarding the status of our brothers and sisters in the Caribbean and southeastern United States in the wake of Hurricane Irma.
Sadly, an elderly brother in Florida and one of our sisters in Georgia died while evacuating. Additionally, two of our brothers were injured in Tortola, which is the largest of the British Virgin Islands. Throughout the Caribbean, over 40 homes have sustained major damage and at least 40 of our brothers have been displaced. Assessments are ongoing as the brothers gain access to affected regions.
Our prayers are with those who have lost loved ones and the many who are impacted by the storm. We continue to rely on the comfort Jehovah provides through the congregation.—1 Thessalonians 3:7.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Has anyone heard how many JW homes and KH are damaged?

A friend on FB. her son is in Florida. His roof needs replacing.(Also A Brother)

It must be really scary 

def praying for dear friends. Agape. 

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

From my niece in St. Maarten (pieced together from several comments she posted on Facebook): Communication is still difficult, just update that we survived. Lost a lot but still have our lives. Now to survive almost a week of curfew and people getting more desperate for basic needs..no running water or electricity as yet, no doors or windows (blew out before the eye of the hurricane!) Jehovah is providing for us in the strangest ways though, really amazing to experience. Food packages are in the harbor since Sunday and not being distributed by government. It is horrible here. We can still manage. Jehovah provides as well, a plate of pasta from the neighbors or a loaf of bread from a delivery person hubby works with. It's an amazing experience. The boys (three and five I believe) are making the best of it. Tired and a little scared of wind and noise, but getting better each day.

We were able to cut the tree in our driveway then we went down the road and joined our neighbors in removing downed trees that were blocking the road.

It looks like we may be without power for a week or two.

No real damage - but am not sure if we will be able to save our food.

I have not heard how the SKE fared.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

28 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I have not heard how the SKE fared.

I was told they evacuated, the WEC is without power but no damage reported yet.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just heard the Daytona Assembly Hall has power back on and fared well 

Still not sure about Plant city 

Also, for us, no Internet at home and spotty on phone 

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~