JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

4 minutes ago, Cheeks said:

Anyone know what the "Catalogue up to date" is referring to?  Keeps saying on my tablet and phone at various times.

The app is checking to see if there are any updates to the books and magazines and so on.  If there are none, it usually says something like "no update available" or  "catalog is up to date".  If you have the very latest JW Library app update, these messages should be reduce or eliminated (unless youo click on the "refresh" icon on the top right of the page.

Side note for personal curiosity:  When the message appears on your device in Canada, does it spell catalog with a "gue" at the end?  I wondered if the English wording was spelled in American or Canadian.  It would be very nice if each version of English had the error messages or notifications in the correct spelling for each country....❤️

5 minutes ago, jwhess said:

The app is checking to see if there are any updates to the books and magazines and so on.  If there are none, it usually says something like "no update available" or  "catalog is up to date".  If you have the very latest JW Library app update, these messages should be reduce or eliminated (unless youo click on the "refresh" icon on the top right of the page.

Side note for personal curiosity:  When the message appears on your device in Canada, does it spell catalog with a "gue" at the end?  I wondered if the English wording was spelled in American or Canadian.  It would be very nice if each version of English had the error messages or notifications in the correct spelling for each country....❤️

Ahhh ok.

Here in Canada it says: "Catelogue is up to date, eh."  LOL! 😄 Kidding. 

Actually I can't remember but will try and look next time.

Edited by Cheeks

6 hours ago, Cheeks said:

Anyone know what the "Catalogue up to date" is referring to?  Keeps saying on my tablet and phone at various times.

There is nothing new in jw library. You are up to date.

Edited by Luigi62

11 hours ago, ray said:

JW Library in iOS now has Children’s Songs in Media under the Audio tab.

Good for those who like to listen some of the songs there, as well as for letting kids listen to Kingdom songs. 🙂

Next can I please have the original songs lyrics in jw library 

Interesting side point on the power of advertising:

Australians don't drink Fosters

We don't put shrimps on the 'Barbie'

Currently the only beer in my fridge is Corona. But I'm bring careful and drink it through a mask.

https://theculturetrip.com/pacific/australia/articles/why-australians-disown-the-phrase-put-another-shrimp-on-the-barbie/e139ba67bb11edcd42247bcb44178343.jpg&key=fb6302b7f65f1948824a92d34817ddb3eda4358322b7d57c90868ec34227bc89a178079df71d6db9fead198edee81211.jpg&key=d2ebed4c792ee3e3806a50bd04ee030e15376db26f10e63ee8c698a05148ade5

PS. Sorry to hijack the thread, but this was important...

Just Older

1 hour ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

Interesting side point on the power of advertising:

Australians don't drink Fosters emoji482.png

We don't put shrimps on the 'Barbie' emoji1654.png

Currently the only beer in my fridge is Corona. But I'm bring careful and drink it through a mask.

https://theculturetrip.com/pacific/australia/articles/why-australians-disown-the-phrase-put-another-shrimp-on-the-barbie/e139ba67bb11edcd42247bcb44178343.jpg&key=fb6302b7f65f1948824a92d34817ddb3eda4358322b7d57c90868ec34227bc89a178079df71d6db9fead198edee81211.jpg&key=d2ebed4c792ee3e3806a50bd04ee030e15376db26f10e63ee8c698a05148ade5

PS. Sorry to hijack the thread, but this was important... emoji23.png

Just Older emoji3073.png

My apologies for ignorance.  I have never been closer to Australia than Miami Florida.  It is about 8,000 miles (antipode) through the diameter of the Earth.  It is closer to 15000 miles by surface transport...😎

I've got a JW Library windows update.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

On 1/30/2020 at 3:29 PM, AH173 said:

I've got a JW Library windows update.

I just received notice of an update for the JW Library app on Windows 10.  I updated and rebooted and the app refuses to open.

It is shown as version 11.4.96.0 and the update was posted today (1-31-2020).  I have tried several avenues to get the app to open but it jus shows the JW logo and then the little processing "circle" continues to spin.  So I would advise not to update unless you know someone else who has success.

I guess that the windows 10 pro version needed it because when I go from my android devices to save personal study backups from my different devices (and apply to win 10 pro devices) the app would crash. Hopefully the 2 updates I have in past few days will solve the problem. Every thing was going well up to about 2 weeks ago. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

13 hours ago, AH173 said:

I guess that the windows 10 pro version needed it because when I go from my android devices to save personal study backups from my different devices (and apply to win 10 pro devices) the app would crash. Hopefully the 2 updates I have in past few days will solve the problem. Every thing was going well up to about 2 weeks ago. 

can you tell me which version of JW Library the Windows is using?

My last update was on 1/5/20 and I currently have version 11.4.91 (56618)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

My last update was on 1/5/20 and I currently have version 11.4.91 (56618)

I just reset my Windows 10 system by using a restore point from 2 weeks ago.  Now my JW Library app works and it is 11.4.91 also.  It was a lot of work but I am happy it is working. Thanks

10 hours ago, jwhess said:

can you tell me which version of JW Library the Windows is using?

It's

image.png.f8bfe3c5f6ecef965d919d7ac91a37b9.png

I have Windows 10 pro os

22 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I have the win 10 Pro version also.  I will try the update when I see it again (but not today)....😀

While I was working in the other room, my computer updated Windows 10 and also updated the JW Library app to version 11.4.96 also.  It works fine this time...😎