JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Circuit Assemblies now listed

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2367 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Yes, this is a very nice interface.

Funny thing is, it got my Congregation right (sometimes websites using "my location" do not since they use the location of the service provider instead of my home) here in Florida - but, it gave me a RC in Ecuador  :eek:  I guess because it is the closest to here still to be held.

One improvement would be, since it can get the closest KH, it would be nice if it had some kind of indicator for which of the CA were for that Hall .... they are listed in calendar order for the Assembly Hall. But, if you do not know your Circuit Number (ours just changed) you may not know which assembly is yours.

The one listed when I use the "All" tab is the soonest one, not the one we are assigned to.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

13 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Funny thing is, it got my Congregation right (sometimes websites using "my location" do not since they use the location of the service provider instead of my home) here in Florida - but, it gave me a RC in Ecuador  :eek:  I guess because it is the closest to here still to be held.

I'm in FL and they listed my Circuit Assembly to be held in Tijuana. :D When I scrolled down however, it gave me a location only about an hour away. I think I'll go to that one. :lol:

One improvement would be, since it can get the closest KH, it would be nice if it had some kind of indicator for which of the CA were for that Hall .... they are listed in calendar order for the Assembly Hall. But, if you do not know your Circuit Number (ours just changed) you may not know which assembly is yours.

The one listed when I use the "All" tab is the soonest one, not the one we are assigned to.

Congregations sharing a Hall might be assigned to different CA’s.

Any day now...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

This is true ... let me correct that statement ....

10 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

since it can get the closest Congregation, it would be nice if it had some kind of indicator for which of the CA were for that Congregation

Hey @Qapla (and anyone else not sure of your circuit number),  I just made a tutorial to help anyone find their circuit number, and part (A half, B half, etc).

I was going to do it right in this thread, but I realized that since it makes use of an undocumented public api for jw.org, I would instead post it to the non-public part of the forum.  It should be available momentarily (unless it doesn't get approved) here:

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/33250-tip-how-to-see-which-circuit-number-a-given-congregation-is-assigned-to/

12 minutes ago, jwhess said:

For the Regional Convention...the Tijuana convention seems to be the only "English" one left.  that is why it is selected.

It's just the first closest English one. (there are dozens still to be had, in English, on the African continent)

33 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Maps cannot show closest congregation.  They can only show closest Kingdom Halls.  Congregation territories are not on these maps.

Hmmmmm

For my FIL location, not only does it show his KH, it also shows the other nearby KH's in the area. And, since his Hall has 4 Congregations meeting init, they are also all listed in the list to the left. It just seems like they could include the Circuit # for each Congregation in this list :shrugs:   seems like that should be in the database

@Brandon

I do know my Circuit Number. However, when we were first reassigned to the new Circuit, we were not told if we were A or B, since they were still revising the Circuit. In the letter for our CA, they did include that we are in the B part.

Edited by Qapla

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

It's just the first closest English one. (there are dozens still to be had, in English, on the African continent)

I stand corrected.  The sister was in Florida, USA and I guess I never considered that he might choose Africa.  Sorry.

54 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I stand corrected.  The sister was in Florida, USA and I guess I never considered that he might choose Africa.  Sorry.

:eek:

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Congregation territories are not on these maps.

Not yet anyway...  ^_^

But seriously, how cool would it be if every JW account, when you logged in, showed a personalized list of dates that your congregation is assigned/invited to?  and perhaps even more than that!  We already have the APIs in place now, if fact since they are in a simple format that doesn't require logging in to access, with just a bit of programming, someone could even now create an app/bot/website that accepted a search term (congregation name) and then displayed the results matching;  when you selected the appropriate congregation, it can query the APIs and immediately display your circuit assembly date and location, your memorial date and location (in the Spring months), as well as the times for your meeting.

The only things left that a publisher might be interested it, is having your CO visit dates available and perhaps your congregation's service boundaries. These would especially be useful when moving congregation.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)