Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Doctor says first human head transplant 'imminent'


We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1781 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

An Italian doctor announced Friday that he will soon perform the world’s first human head transplant in China because medical communities in the United States and Europe would not permit the controversial procedure.

The recipient and donor will be in a sitting position to facilitate what's expected to be more than about 24 hours of laborious work to separate and then reconnect vertebral bones, jugular veins, the trachea, esophagus and other neck structures. Machines will help the recipient breathe, pumping blood through the body. The patient will be kept in a drug-induced coma for an unspecified recovery time.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/doctor-says-first-human-head-transplant-imminent/ar-BBF6rr2

 

:confused:  :o   :wheelchair:    :no:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a thick-headed idea!

 

I wonder what manner of mad scientist is heading this project?

 

I think science is getting a little a head of itself.

 

Always busting their heads looking for the next crazy idea.

 

If this goes wrong, heads are gonna roll!!

 

But let's not lose our heads over this.

 

Well, that's all I can come up with off the top of my head.

 

Enough puns, heading off now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They think your brain is the central part of a person; but if you meditate on how the scriptures refer to other organs as being part of who we are: heart;kidneys;liver;intestines.... etc etc... that person is gonna me an emotional mess... His head will think one way and his heart and guts will be a different person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, vern said:

... that person is gonna be an emotional mess ...

 

Are you saying that, if successful, this operation will turn the survivor into a Vulcan? Do you think they will give him pointy ears?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's  my puns. Because the only way to deal with such a crazy idea is to poke fun at it. :poke:

 

Two heads are better than one.

Have you lost your head? Must of had a screw loose. 

A female head on a male body or visa versa then Sing that song from Shania Twain. Man i feel like a woman.

Now that's what i call an out of body experience

I just don't feel like myself lately

Too bad he couldn't just change his mind

Talk about playing head games

Don't get ahead of yourself

What a pain in the neck

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hooray! There is a chance my ex boss will get a brain. No doubt she is high on the potential recipient list.

 

Joking aside, as a reader of science fiction, this is one of the great potential horrors predicted for future medical science. A rich old person pays to have their head transplanted on to a young healthy body in attempt to live forever. The rich use the bodies of the poor to live longer or to change their sex. The person who lost their young body wakes up with a old broken body if they wake up at all, since the high cost of transplantation is reduced if the head of the "donor" body is not transplanted. Everyones body becomes something that can be stolen and sold for cash. This is already the case for organs. Kidney theft has happened and in China prisoners are executed and their organs sold. There appears to be a black market medical service for the rich which supplies organs to people who would probably be unable to receive them in their home country due to short supply and their age and poor health. A head transplant would be a dying billionaire's dream. The rich think that their money can buy them anything and they don'the value the life of others. Head transplantation could become another misused medical horror of this wicked world. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wm-Scott said:

Joking aside, as a reader of science fiction, this is one of the great potential horrors predicted for future medical science. A rich old person pays to have their head transplanted on to a young healthy body in attempt to live forever. The rich use the bodies of the poor to live longer or to change their sex. The person who lost their young body wakes up with a old broken body if they wake up at all, since the high cost of transplantation is reduced if the head of the "donor" body is not transplanted. Everyones body becomes something that can be stolen and sold for cash. This is already the case for organs. Kidney theft has happened and in China prisoners are executed and their organs sold. There appears to be a black market medical service for the rich which supplies organs to people who would probably be unable to receive them in their home country due to short supply and their age and poor health. A head transplant would be a dying billionaire's dream. The rich think that their money can buy them anything and they don'the value the life of others. Head transplantation could become another misused medical horror of this wicked world. 

 

Luckily, we're not that far yet in order for this to be something that can be casually done. Yes, there is a market for organs and the possibility to transplant them, but it's not that simple, you can never live a normal life with someone else's organs, but will always be dependent on immunosuppressive drugs for the rest of your life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pretty scary actually....

 

I doubt the head....if successful.... would lose its aging process...

and you would have to take a bunch of anti rejection meds for the rest of your life; which seems to make you vulnerable for many other sicknesses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

What a thick-headed idea!

 

I wonder what manner of mad scientist is heading this project?

 

I think science is getting a little a head of itself.

 

Always busting their heads looking for the next crazy idea.

 

If this goes wrong, heads are gonna roll!!

 

But let's not lose our heads over this.

 

Well, that's all I can come up with off the top of my head.

 

Enough puns, heading off now.

Thanks for the heads up. :punk:


Edited by 1gemstone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

doctor announced Friday that he will soon perform the world’s first human head transplant

Was that Doctor Frankenstein?:loopy:

 

who is being saved? Wouldn't it have to be the person with the head and brain? So shouldn't it be called a body transplant? Just saying. :whistling:


Edited by Pjdriver
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder what Goliath would have thought about all of this? But then again, he didn't have his head on straight in the end!

No doubt Dagon would have fallen flat on his face over this whole thing!  :shifty:

 

 

 

 

Daggonit...Did I miss the bad jokes thread again? 


Edited by Omoyeme
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2017 at 12:09 AM, Gregexplore said:

An Italian doctor announced Friday that he will soon perform the world’s first human head transplant in China because medical communities in the United States and Europe would not permit the controversial procedure.

The recipient and donor will be in a sitting position to facilitate what's expected to be more than about 24 hours of laborious work to separate and then reconnect vertebral bones, jugular veins, the trachea, esophagus and other neck structures. Machines will help the recipient breathe, pumping blood through the body. The patient will be kept in a drug-induced coma for an unspecified recovery time.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/doctor-says-first-human-head-transplant-imminent/ar-BBF6rr2

 

:confused:  :o   :wheelchair:    :no:

Brother Gregg,

Just flashed on a old Rosie Greer movie "the thing with two heads" ugh...

and the movie with John Travolta and Nicholas Cage...Switch off!  YIKES

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 22.7.20 (changelog)