JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russian court seizes $15mn worth of assets JW

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2300 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Real estate worth almost US$15 million belonging to Jehovah’s Witnesses around St. Petersburg have been transferred to the Russian state, after the organization was declared an “extremist” group earlier this year.

A District Court in St. Petersburg seized 16 properties in the village of Solnechnoye on the Gulf of Finland, that it ruled were used illegally by the organization. The real estate, with an estimated combined value of $14.9 million (881 billion rubles), belonged to the ‘Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania’ (WTPA) – the official legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide.

https://www.rt.com/news/412539-russian-court-jehovahs-witnesses-assets/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

33 minutes ago, bogartd said:

Its a sad day...

Yes, but it's a TERRIBLE day for Russian government as they are stealing from Jehovah.

In due time they will be held accountable.

As promised in Psalm 9:8

He will render righteous legal decisions for the nations........... very soon

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

28 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Yes, but it's a TERRIBLE day for Russian government as they are stealing from Jehovah.

In due time they will be held accountable.

As promised in Psalm 9:8

He will render righteous legal decisions for the nations........... very soon

I do believe you are right bro Greg.

1 hour ago, Jonathan77 said:

In situations like this, do the parent company - ie the WHQ in the U.S., have any legal options to reclaim back the money of the assets that another country (Russia) has taken?

I think it will be in european court of human rights battle brother jonathan :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

Their  time is coming. And, Jehovah being Jehovah, I do believe Russia’s upcoming will be unique and classy. They will so know what a huge mistake they made. 

Just moving along, closer to Jehovah’s retribution! And freedom and a glorious future for our dear faithful brothers and sisters in Russia. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

(Micah 4:11, 12) Now many nations will be gathered against you; They will say, ‘Let her be defiled, And let our eyes see this happen to Zion.’ 12 But they do not know the thoughts of Jehovah, They do not understand his purpose; For he will gather them like a row of newly cut grain to the threshing floor... :tsk:
Exciting times. :bringiton:

From what I have surmised from all the comments about this situation, the Russian government refuses to carry out the rulings from the European Court. So it doesn't help our dear brothers ans sisters who are affected. Jehovah's Day will come right on time to destroy all his enemies once and for all time. Praise Jehovah!

On 9.12.2017 at 5:04 PM, Miss Bea said:

Their  time is coming. And, Jehovah being Jehovah, I do believe Russia’s upcoming will be unique and classy. They will so know what a huge mistake they made. 

Just moving along, closer to Jehovah’s retribution! And freedom and a glorious future for our dear faithful brothers and sisters in Russia. 

Though I'd like to see this happen, I personally no longer believe relief is coming for our brothers that fast. The upcoming battle before the ECHR, though important, will turn out to be wasted effort because Russia simply ignores the rulings by the ECHR. Putin is in power to stay, even if one of his protegés succeeds him (as was the case with Medvedev) even temporarily. Putin's ties to the Russian Orthodox Church are solidified, and deemed necessary at this point. When that changes, I believe religion will be obliterated on a global scale.

Maybe then our brothers will have some relief for a while to preach the judgement message, maybe not.

So I think the actual relief will come at the same time when it comes for the rest of us.

Just my thoughts.

That’s what I am saying. When the end comes...those with hatred in their hearts for Jehovah’s people, this happens at the end of this system. My thought, as the system rapidly ends....just a flight of fantasy for mr. That’s all.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!