JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Write a story one line at a time

Greenfield

the Lakers arena all had pitched in for some tickets to see the Raiders and Vegas team play Ice hockey.They new Rick and Jane love the sport....

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

battle it out with the Vega's team. It was quite an action packed evening and as all good things must come to an end Rick and Jane headed out the door.....

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

time to sleep said Rick for we have to get up at 4am to drive its a 48hr drive to the new location.....

jane was happier at that notion she remembered her dad would drive without stopping, then pullover and sleep in the car, couldn't wind windows down cause of mossies....

One of the things Rick and Jane wanted to do on the trip was to go up in the Sears Tower as they passed through Chicago on their way to their assignment in Wausaukee, Wisconsin.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Rick hated heights and he got dizzy everything was wonky, Jane grabbed the Dr, and the Dr said so have carpool syndrome?

Rick and Jane spotted a Chinese Restaraunt. They thought the prices were reasonable and went in and relaxed got their thoughts back.....

Story archives:

Pages 1-9

Pages 10-14

Pages 15-19

Pages 20-24

Pages 25-29

Pages 30-34

Pages 35-39

Pages 40-42 below:

--A Difficult Workday--

The next day Rick had to go to his job as a pilot and he got up early in the morning, had a rushed breakfast and headed out the door to the car but wouldn't you know it, the battery was dead. Rick immediately looked under the hood and saw the cables to the spark plugs had been taken off and the battery well a rat had chewed it so acid had leaked, he called the cab and said to Jane "don't worry babe I be back to get the car fixed."

Well, she had not heard from him all day and it was several hours past the time he usually gets home so she began to text some his co-workers but wasn't sure who he was flying with that day. "Surely just one would text me back, but alas nothing." Then she began to pace the floor, and decided prayer would be better for her. She no longer got the Amen out and the phone rang and rang and rang as she was fearful of picking up because "Hellooooo!!! my sweety I'm in the hospital have a broken Collar bone, and a fractured sternum the Cab got hit by a supersonic light so I never was able to fly out on the plane so when you can, come on over to the hospital and take me home!" Jane's fear was realized but not to the extent it could have been so she called Adam to help her get to the hospital.

Jane and Adam had quite the surprise when they saw poor Rick - there was no way he was coming home today! Disappointed as they were, they both settled in for the night, Jane in the bedside recliner and Adam on the waiting room chesterfield. One of the nurses recognized Adam from one of his previous stays in the hospital and the nurse said, "weren't you one of the guys involved in the taco building fire a few years ago?" Adam replied, "No I just liked eating there, but I was in here because I had a concussion."

--What's New With John--

Rick ears perked up and a smile wiped across his face as he could hear coming up the hallway, as yet some distance away, the crumegeonally yet loveable voice of an ole friend, John the Circuit Overseer. John, the Circuit Overseer, comes quickly into the room and says "You will do anything to get attention! Move over and let me take a power nap." Rick says, "It is so good to see you John, I was wondering how you have been since receiving word of your new assignment."

John says, "Overwhelmed but it is an assignment from Jehovah and with his help we can do anything. There is just one thing, it is in the North Dakota circuit, and I tell you, if there is one place I did not want to go it was North Dakota, so we see how Jehovah has a sense of humor."

"Yes, John he certainly does and besides that he knows you can handle it and be of much encouragement to the brothers and sisters up north. How do you feel about having to live in a different home every week?" asked Rick of John. "It is very exciting to accept the hospitality and love expressed by so many different personalities." John continues: " I don't mind living each week with different ones; I don't like the cold and will certainy rely on Jehovah to help me - I had actually dreamed of one of the Carribean islands, but alas! Here we come N. Dakota."

--Hospital Difficulties--

On that note the nurse come into the room and said: "We have to do some work on Rick, would you mind stepping out for a few minutes?" They were going to do a routine blood test, but that may be a problem for Rick because Rick is absolutely terrified of needles and just seeing one reduces him to a blubbering mess. Just like Gail, a sister in the congregation, who faints when she smells rubbing alcohol.

Rick was getting more queasy by the second until zap! The nurse used a butterfly needle and it was over before it started. Rick was white as a sheet from his queasiness but he survived to tell the story to Gail, the sister in his congregaton who faints at the odor of rubbing alcohol. She said, "Oh man Rick, so at this rate, when will Jane be in the hospital, since you and Adam have both been there a couple times lately?"

"Maybe in 8 months if something doesn't happen soon, if you know what I mean," says Rick. Oh, my, are you saying Yes! Yes! She is pregnant if you do not be afraid of such a word! But if you do you are in a bad way for they just finished the Bible School for Maried Couples and are looking forward to a life of serving Jehovah full time.

--Assignment--

After a few anxious months, it proved to be another female problem and she was okay to start planning for their new assignment! They were assigned to Wausaukee, Wisconsin, with only about 40 publishers and a big territory, applied to another congregation for help and adventure, to cover some territory which had not been able to get covered. Rick and Jane needed to get prepared for the move which included going to the top of the Artic: the new assignment included learning the Eskimo language and learning to fish in snow huts, but then Rick realized he messed up the spelling in Google Maps and actually Wisconsin has a balanced climate of only several months of snow and ice.

Jane said, "Oh what a relief. I didn't want to say a word to be supportive of where we are going, at least we can still see our friends on the weekend now." Their friends from Hell and surrounding areas in the Gregory Congregation threw them a going-away party. Everyone was both excited and happy for Rick and Jane but also sad, but knew they would return with many awesome experiences to encourage all.

The party was held at the Lakers arena all had pitched in for some tickets to see the Raiders and Vegas team play ice hockey. They knew Rick and Jane love the sport, but this was still a small town team, but they still enjoyed seeing the Hell Lakers battle it out with the Vegas team. It was quite an action packed evening and as all good things must come to an end Rick and Jane headed out the door and went back to the duplex to pack some more things up.

--Off to Wausaukee--

"Time to sleep," said Rick, "for we have to get up at 4am to drive - its a 48 hour drive to the new location because we're going to stop along the way a lot and see some stuff." Jane was happier at that notion - she remembered her dad would drive without stopping, then pullover and sleep in the car, couldn't wind windows down cause of mossies.

One of the things Rick and Jane wanted to do on the trip was to go up in the Sears Tower as they passed through Chicago on their way to their assignment in Wausaukee, Wisconsin. Once up there Rick started to get scared and Rick hated heights and he got dizzy everything was wonky, Jane grabbed the Dr, and the Dr said so he have carpool syndrome? The Doc suggested Rick go back to street level and so he did, disappointed but knowing he could at least see Jane's pictures. Rick was so embarrassed but realized that it could happen to anybody.

Later that day Rick and Jane spotted a Chinese Restaraunt. They thought the prices were reasonable and went in and relaxed and got their thoughts back. They enjoyed a nice meal and plotted out the rest of their journey.

The next day they passed through Milwaukee and while there they decided to...

I know that both myself and others have been slowing down on keeping this game going recently. C'mon all you regulars, we want to know more of the story!

well they said we are trying to think what's new we could write to make it more fun. But my brain has frozen cold from the winter setting in and flu as well. Hmm! were could we go from here guy's?

Gabe you crack me up. (this is not part of the story)

The next day they passed through Milwaukee and while there they decided to...

stop at the community of Menomonee Falls just off hwy 41 as they had never seen the Menomonee Water Falls before but first they wanted to stop at Greenfield to see.....

what the town looked like as it happens that Rick's last name is Greenfield* and he wondered what 'his' town looks like. They looked it up on jw.org and it turns out there is a Kingdom Hall in Greenfield on Layton Avenue.

*The story Rick, not me.

Lynn is right but I will keep Gabe's sentence anyway just because. Lynn you also crack me up - "Memommee Falls" - it's Menomonee Falls. :lol2:

Then Rick & Jane deCided to go check out the falls. They were loud . Beautiful cascading. THey felt revitalised......

My comment (this is not part of the story) was meant for my comment and not Gabe's but also for this sentence above the line. :lol1:

but at the same time disappointed that the Falls was not more spectacular.

As they headed up HWY 41 toward Wausaukee, Rick heard a faint hissing sound from the engine, so he pulled over and steam began to roll out from under the hood and so he...........

wait for the radiator to cool. cause that's where the smoke was coming from and the solution was to chuck a raw egg into the radiator the white from the egg

would feel the holes til they could get to the next servo/mechanic.....