JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Write a story one line at a time

Greenfield

Rick got to see the people were Hamish and loved the bible. These people offered Rick and his companions some coffee and scones and they had a

good afternoon discussing the bible etc..

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

On the two mile driveway to the next house they saw much wild life but as they neared the home a large no-trespassing sign was posted, they could go no farther and so Rick proceeded to back out the driveway as there was no place to turn around.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

While doing so Rick got confused and headed down an old forest service road; after passing several intersections of more such roads Rick admitted he was lost and didn't know how to get out of the woods and back to the main road.

It was getting kinda dark. Lost in the woods and miles away from home, Not even any reception on there cells, no Gps signal's to work the navigator, no compass. Refreshments to keep them going and Old Brother Bob Says l need the loo and i've lost my teeth just to add to the situation...

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

That's it, I can go no farther, says Rick as he stops the car, I have to talk to a dog about a tree, i'll be back in a minute, don't forget your hunter's money adds brother Bob.

Jane say's you guys always have to talk to a dog about a tree? You have to stop every minute..What us girls in a situation got to do. We don't have it easy

you know..

Find an old shack in the woods.. Maybe find a river to catch some fish as well..

Rick suggested that he walk out to get help but brother Bob said, "Why walk when you can drive, there is nothing wrong with the car, you can always walk if we run out of gas."

Old Brother Bob said I remember when I was a younger man We would be creative. You young folk have it so easy with the modern Condo's etc.

now we have to make our own fires and camp let me show you how...

Rick being a city boy was a bit jumpy at the night sounds of coyotes, mountain lions, owls and crickets, thus leery of venturing very far from the others to gather firewood, so he........

Rick decided to go back to the car and stay there. He was a big scaredy cat...

He found a small Banjo,Started humming and joined in with the rest.He forgot about the creepy noises of the coyotes & wolves....

and he suddenly awoke, finding himself leaning on Bob's shoulder as they drove back to the Kingdom Hall in broad daylight. Rick realized that he had fallen asleep while Bob and Evelyn took Jane on their study down the two-mile driveway and Rick dreamt that they were lost - evidently he wasn't comfortable with his new territory just yet.

Poor Rick a city slicker was use to. To many comforts of home & hot water. He was so not into being out in the country lost. He let everyone know all about it too..Every one asked are you a Real dude or an imitation, Old Brother Bob said man you need to learn how to get your hands dirty my son...

Rick, still a bit confused, drove toward home after the day of service, when suddenly he slammed on the brakes as a coyote ventured across the road in front of him, leaving him even more confused as to whether it was all a dream or not..

Just the two of them. Chilling out to a good movie, Some nice Shiraz/cabsav. some chocolate.. No more worries out in the open, They knew for their

next adventure out pioneering long rural days to be better prepared

Story archives:

Pages 1-9

Pages 10-14

Pages 15-19

Pages 20-24

Pages 25-29

Pages 30-34

Pages 35-39

Pages 40-44

Pages 45-46 below:

--Settling In New Places--

Meanwhile in Wausaukee, Wisconsin, after some weeks Rick and Jane settled in well in their new home; Rick got a part-time job as a deck hand on board the Scurvy Crew fishing boat. The captain was fine with Rick's needs for not doing any over time so he doesn't miss meetings etc.; transport person for Messar Funeral Home located at 513-17 1st Street, Wausaukee.

Adam was really an undercover agent for NCIS L.A. They knew they were secretly transporting drugs. Adam was however well paid. Adam knew this forensics job was getting serious when he was investigating and discovered a cache of drugs at the bottom of a pit; prior to this Adam had no idea how many drugs were in this Hell hole. There was enough to feed a small hungry nation, if one was to purchase this 100 kgs quantity, the Narcotics were happy to get it off the streets.

Adam realized that this job was a lot more complex than his old job as a fry cook, but between this job's extra pay and the money he could get selling the duplex, he could afford to move to the city and serve where the need is greater in a foreign-language congregation there. Adam liked the Spanish/Portugese language & since so many come from Mexico and Colombia to the US he thought he could get some training. It is a beautiful language - he liked to watch Zorro to get his Accento. Adam thus decided to move to Canton, Michigan to become a member of the Canton North Congregation to assist the Portuguese group there, the only one in the state. Adam was so happy to get out of Hell but was sad to leave behind so many friends.

--Rick's Job--

Meanwhile, Rick after a few days realized he was going to have to choose between the fishing boat deck hand job and funeral home transport person job. "Fishing is better than transporting human bodies," Rick thought, "I rather have the smell of the sea, the wind in my hair, have some wild stories to tell, like catching a 100kg Blue fin tuna."

But he was soon disappointed realizing that he would never get a tuna as tuna do not live within hundreds of miles of Wausaukee; but he nevertheless enjoyed himself trying to get a bass bigger than the bass from Hell. "So how big does the Bass get around here?" he thought. "Maybe I could also join the swamp people catching wild gators? Must keep my options open," he thought, but then he realized there are no gators in Wisconsin, for which Jane was thankful.

--Adam's New Territory--

Meanwhile in the Canton North Congregation, Adam was out in service and an irate householder told him to go to Hell, so Adam replied, "I already came from there," and the householder just had to know what that meant and so the householder calmed down and asked Adam what he meant.

Adam said ''Did you not here that the Pope announced in recent years there is no such thing as hell? Just a bad teaching really and that hell according to the Bible is simply the unconscious state that the dead are in," and he read and explained to the man Psalms 146:4, and continued, "Hell is also the name of a town west of here, and I came from that town to move to this area for the main purpose of sharing with others what the Bible says about how this world will soon change," and he was able to read Psalms 37:10, 11 and to place the magazines featuring the Awake! on how this world will soon change. The man took the magazines and said, "Forgive me for my rudeness, I had just found out that I've been laid off from my job and I was so angry, but I am curious to see what this has to say about this all changing soon."

"Why my friend there will be plenty of chores for everybody. Please let me show you Isaiah 65:22 on wards. The Bible also speaks of each one having their own vineyards and fig trees and even our homes. No one trying to claim for that piece of land in Oklahoma. There is room for all and plenty to share and be happy about. Travel the wild seas and you can stay afloat. What do you think about all of this Friend?" The man was happy to hear it and looked forward to Adam's next visit, so with that Adam left, happy that his morning in the ministry had been so productive.

--Rick's New Territory--

Rick decided to take just one more door as he was encouraged by the fact that he had gotten to read a few scriptures and so he proceeded up the walkway of the next house when suddenly out of NOWHERE, he saw that this driveway in rural Wisconsin was several miles long. He went back to the car and told Jane and the older couple (Wausaukee locals) with them, "Oh man, this one we need to drive down too!", for which the older couple laughed within themselves and thought, "Typical city boy." Rick being thick skinned as he was, laughed, knowing he had a bit of a cultural difference with the older couple he was with. Rick got to see the people were Hamish and loved the Bible.

These people offered Rick and his companions some coffee and scones and they had a good afternoon discussing the bible etc.

--An Unusual Excursion--

On the two mile driveway to the next house they saw much wild life but as they neared the home a large no-trespassing sign was posted, they could go no farther and so Rick proceeded to back out the driveway as there was no place to turn around.

While doing so Rick got confused and headed down an old forest service road; after passing several intersections of more such roads Rick admitted he was lost and didn't know how to get out of the woods and back to the main road. It was getting kinda dark, lost in the woods and miles away from home, not even any reception on their cells, no GPS signals to work the navigator, no compass, refreshments to keep them going and Old Brother Bob says, "I need the loo and I've lost my teeth just to add to the situation."

"That's it, I can go no farther," says Rick as he stops the car, "I have to talk to a dog about a tree, I'll be back in a minute." "Don't forget your hunter's money," adds brother Bob. Jane says, "You guys always have to talk to a dog about a tree? You have to stop every minute. What us girls in a situation got to do. We don't have it easy you know."

--Night Falling--

The four of them were still lost and the light was almost gone, so the group decided to find an old shack in the woods. Maybe find a river to catch some fish as well. Rick suggested that he walk out to get help but brother Bob said, "Why walk when you can drive, there is nothing wrong with the car, you can always walk if we run out of gas." Old Brother Bob said, "I remember when I was a younger man we would be creative. You young folk have it so easy with the modern condos etc. Now we have to make our own fires and camp, let me show you how."

Rick being a city boy was a bit jumpy at the night sounds of coyotes, mountain lions, owls and crickets, thus leery of venturing very far from the others to gather firewood, so he decided to go back to the car and stay there. He was a big scaredy cat but as the other settled into the night atmosphere and started singing to Jehovah, Rick slumbered out of the car and found a cut off stump to sit on.

He found a small banjo, started humming and joined in with the rest. He forgot about the creepy noises of the coyotes & wolves and he suddenly awoke, finding himself leaning on Bob's shoulder as they drove back to the Kingdom Hall in broad daylight. Rick realized that he had fallen asleep while Bob and Evelyn took Jane on their study down the two-mile driveway and Rick dreamt that they were lost - evidently he wasn't comfortable with his new territory just yet. Poor Rick a city slicker was used to too many comforts of home & hot water. He was so not into being out in the country lost. He let everyone know all about it too. Every one asked are you a real dude or an imitation, Old Brother Bob said, "Man you need to learn how to get your hands dirty my son."

Rick, still a bit confused, drove toward home after the day of service, when suddenly he slammed on the brakes as a coyote ventured across the road in front of him, leaving him even more confused as to whether it was all a dream or not.

At long last he and Jane made it to their apartment (with hot water!) and decided to just spend the evening just the two of them. Chilling out to a good movie, some nice Shiraz/cabsav, some chocolate, no more worries out in the open, they knew for their next adventure out pioneering long rural days to be better prepared.

Summary of entire story thus far (to help the newcomers):

Rick Greenfield (only a fictional character, not based on me), an elder, and Jane, his wife, both pioneering, have recently graduated the Bible School for Christian Couples and have moved to their first assignment, a small congregation with a large territory in Wausaukee, Wisconsin. They formerly shared a duplex with a single pioneer, named Adam, who now serves in Canton, Michigan in the Portuguese field.

[My sentence:]

Meanwhile in Canton, Adam was having a great time getting to know the 10 other publishers in his Portuguese group and the 85 publishers in just the English part of the congregation.

Adam was taken a back for a while because some in the Congregation kept asking if he was Portagee and if he minded Portagee jokes and it took him a while to catch on to "washer pitching as it is so different for the game he is used to.

He likes to go Nascar Racing and fly fishing down by the lakes of Wausaukee, Wisconsin. & knows how to handle situations like rural territory..