JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Little things I especially enjoy. How about you?

I have a list. The smell of a new book. The feel of a good pen. The smell of clothes, fresh off the line. Looking over, and seeing my husband petting my cat, snuggled up to him. Speaking of cats, the smell of their fur when they come in from outdoors! Shadow, our dog, looking at me like she can see down into my heart. The smell of the earth, after a new rain...as you can see, I could go on and on. Oh, singing some of our songs at the hall that are like we are personally singing to Jehovah. I know we do that all the time, but, some are more personal. To me, anyway. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

1 hour ago, Miss Bea said:

I have a list. The smell of a new book. The feel of a good pen. The smell of clothes, fresh off the line. Looking over, and seeing my husband petting my cat, snuggled up to him. Speaking of cats, the smell of their fur when they come in from outdoors! Shadow, our dog, looking at me like she can see down into my heart. The smell of the earth, after a new rain...as you can see, I could go on and on. Oh, singing some of our songs at the hall that are like we are personally singing to Jehovah. I know we do that all the time, but, some are more personal. To me, anyway. 

Me too... and I don't even know your husband.  :lol:

Raindrops on roses
And whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells
And schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

24 minutes ago, Old said:

Me too... and I don't even know your husband.  :lol:

Raindrops on roses
And whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells
And schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

Aww, come on. I know you better! Way better!

I love seeing the soft fur on babies and adult faces.
Grass after it is mowed.
Sandy colored wavy hair.
A fresh snow storm.
The ocean and their waves and how they 'only go so far'.
A basket full of colorful fruit and vegetables.
Children laughing, singing, or commenting.
Double rainbows.
Anything celestial.
My dog when he stretches.
Coffee ice cream and popcorn.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

I love the smell of a brand new car... especially when it’s mine lol. I also love the sound of a classic car purring. Can you tell I’m a car guy? 

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Just now, Brother Jack said:

I love the smell of a brand new car... especially when it’s mine lol. I also love the sound of a classic car purring. Can you tell I’m a car guy? 

I love the sound of those muscle cars, too, but even more, the sound of a Harley! Music to my ears. 

Just now, Miss Bea said:

I love the sound of those muscle cars, too, but even more, the sound of a Harley! Music to my ears. 

:eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Playing in the ocean
Eating a bowl full of cherries
The feel of Holy Spirit
Being at a gathering with the Friends
Fat juicy cheeks on a baby's face
Walking in the forest/woods
Floating on an inner tube

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

I like the end of January.

The days are getting noticeably longer and the silly holidays are over. (Also I like the idea of everyone getting their credit card statements and seeing how much they overspent in December. I’m mean like that.)

New updates to JWLibrary.

All the nature ones already mentioned.

Hummingbirds and kingfishers.

We went to the major museums in London with another couple and the sister asked me if the minerals were my favourite thing. I said that I was mostly struck by the fact that the Person that designed the blue whale is the same Person that designed the tiny hummingbirds.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I love the smell of new-mown hay,

the sound of a two-cylinder John Deere tractor

and even more when it is under full power, plowing,

the tiny mew of baby kittens, or the squeal of little pigs.

I love to lay on the bed and  watch the soft warm breeze wave the sheer curtain, 

The sweet sound of a meadowlark and the contented sound of baby chicks under the brooder.

I really miss the farm or ranch where I grew up.

I have to agree with all sights and sounds mentioned above.

Edited by DLM

added a line

In the car, driving through just a beautiful area,  (actually where I live and get to drive) and having kingdom songs on in the car and just singing  my heart out. (I’m alone of course, well not really...)

2 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

In the car, driving through just a beautiful area,  (actually where I live and get to drive) and having kingdom songs on in the car and just singing  my heart out. (I’m alone of course, well not really...)

Same here, Sister Bea!^_^

My voice is usually gone by the time I get to where I'm going. :lol:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 minute ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I know. Then I get to the hall. Ready to sing again...and yes, a tad tired voice.

1 minute ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I know. Then I get to the hall. Ready to sing again...and yes, a tad tired voice.

1 minute ago, Miss Bea said:

Not a big deal, but how did this happen. I just opened the site, and it sort of took on a life of its own!