JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Philippines Storm Kills at least 47

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2298 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

After Storm Tembin skirts the southern edge of Palawan it is forecast to travel west, south of the Spratly Islands, reaching southern Vietnam in about three days

A week ago, Tropical Storm Kai-Tak hit the central Philippines, killing dozens.

The region is still recovering from Typhoon Haiyan, which killed more than 5,000 people and affected millions in 2013.

Never heard about any of this on our nightly national TV news, or NPR (national public radio). :(

Heard all about Prince Harry's engagement photos, though. :uhhuh:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

48 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Never heard about any of this on our nightly national TV news, or NPR (national public radio). :(

As long as Harry and Meghan have a storybook wedding and a wonderful life, what else really matters? 

7 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Come on Sister Ross.....don't you know what's important? :coffee:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

@Alexa Do you know how the brothers and sisters are?  Mindanao has had its fair share of troubles lately, with isis terrorists, and now this :(

Over 180 people reported killed, villages washed away, mudslides.

"Lanao del Sur province is the poorest in the Philippines, and in the past seven months there have been around 350,000 people displaced in that province because of fighting," he told the BBC, referring to battles between government forces and Islamist militants in Marawi.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-42464644

9 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

@Alexa Do you know how the brothers and sisters are?  Mindanao has had its fair share of troubles lately, with isis terrorists, and now this :(

Over 180 people reported killed, villages washed away, mudslides.

"Lanao del Sur province is the poorest in the Philippines, and in the past seven months there have been around 350,000 people displaced in that province because of fighting," he told the BBC, referring to battles between government forces and Islamist militants in Marawi.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-42464644

I will also wait for our website to update us about our brothers and sisters, if none, i am thinking they arranged disaster relief committee to handle the matter sis hatcheckgirl :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :)