JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Does it already have a "high rise" intake manifold?

If it is a two speed then it would be a Powerglide  if it is a three speed it would be a Turbo Hydromatic 350

If you put on a 4 barrel carb you may consider an air cleaner like this Image result for chrome speed air cleaner"

They feed more air then the tube on the original does.  (https://www.amazon.com/Speed-2195-Chrome-Cleaner-Assembly/dp/B0055PXKRA)

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 12/24/2019 at 11:58 AM, Qapla said:

Does it already have a "high rise" intake manifold?

If it is a two speed then it would be a Powerglide  if it is a three speed it would be a Turbo Hydromatic 350

If you put on a 4 barrel carb you may consider an air cleaner like this Image result for chrome speed air cleaner"

They feed more air then the tube on the original does.  (https://www.amazon.com/Speed-2195-Chrome-Cleaner-Assembly/dp/B0055PXKRA)

Thanks. Not sure about the manifold. I took the snorkel air cleaner off to see what kind of carburetor it has but didn’t pay attention to the manifold. I’m pretty sure it’s a powerglide because I think they were the only automatic transmissions offered for the 66 Impala. I didn’t drive it home, the guy who sold it to me did. I’ve barely driven it because it doesn’t have plates so I’m didn’t notice it shift only once. 

It has a 4 barrel carburetor. I’m gonna go with an Edelbrock carb with an electric choke. Just don’t know how high the CFM should be. I never cared for those air cleaners. I prefer an engine bay to look stock, no chrome. I would only get it if it increases performance much more.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On 7/10/2019 at 10:03 PM, Brother Jack said:

Fast forward to 23:08. Probably the baddest truck build I’ve ever seen. It’s up there with the 1963 C10 built by Mark Barber.

WARNING: I didn’t watch the whole episode so I don’t know if there’s any profanity.

I meant Mark Barbie.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On 12/23/2019 at 3:59 PM, Brother Jack said:

Picked it up today. I’ve had it for only a few hours. Will post a video I took tomorrow 😁

AF0901E6-4814-4C33-8A41-52BE05268E76.jpeg

551AF9FE-AEA8-4650-9C3B-11D240B1E6BD.jpeg

D228A1AD-D727-41A0-8F44-065B8F89DDDB.jpeg

C34D24F1-85E3-44CF-BC7F-711F4A84B6B2.jpeg

A0682D7A-DCF9-46A2-A55F-CC86F90959F7.jpeg

Took more pics the other day 🙂

6DFA076E-FECD-4ABE-A7A1-60E1E0FE0E75.jpeg

F3806AC0-5769-4C8F-9C82-E8C93DC66D1B.jpeg

DE6AE25B-53DC-4EA8-882D-B07F916E1873.jpeg

CD8451AD-4899-44DC-BB1C-1C602B953FB6.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Looks awesome. Post vid clip of engine 

I don’t have one but I will post a video of the engine running when I add new carburetor and tune it up.

33 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

That is one sweet ride Jack.

Thank you. I like it a lot. I decided to keep it a little longer than I planned. I’m going to get it repainted the same color next year, re chrome all the chrome and re polish the exterior and interior trim. I’m also going to order a stock interior kit and have it installed. I will also put skirts on it when I get it repainted 🙂

32 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Skirts?

Yes, the metal covering that goes over the back wheels and latches through the quarter panel.

5D6E6D92-F160-463A-9001-34AA081E2EDA.jpeg

E87A7D42-6300-475A-87FE-58A5A501B3E8.jpeg

83DF89A6-D142-4544-90EC-B10AFFD8BC29.jpeg

Edited by Brother Jack

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

Oh I see. Honestly I like the car without it, your profile is already so beautiful and clean, I feel the skirts would detract from that. Just MO.

I wouldn’t like the skirts with the type of wheels I have on it right now. I’m going with the lowrider rims like the ones you saw in the pic. Skirts look good on 66 impalas with those wheels IMO. There’s just something cool about lowering the car and the back wheels disappearing. I like the wheels that are on it now but that “raked” hot rod look isn’t my style. Never been.

8CA13DE1-C54A-4E27-B9BB-24AF0AC82138.jpeg

Edited by Brother Jack

3 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Honestly I like the car without it, your profile is already so beautiful and clean, I feel the skirts would detract from that. Just MO.

2 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

Skirts look good on 66 impalas with those wheels IMO. There’s just something cool about lowering the car and the back wheels disappearing

And that's what makes us each individuals .... each look has it's own appeal and we all have our own opinion

IMHO - I do not care for the dropped look or the "jacked-up" look. Most of the time I like the "stock" look. Some engineer took a lot of time and spent great effort to give the profile the look it has ... and, to me, most of the time, they get it right.

Now, if you put skirts front and back and did not drop the back - that might look nice ... then again, since it is YOUR car - doing what you like is the way to go :thumbsup: 

Edited by Qapla

35 minutes ago, Qapla said:

And that's what makes us each individuals .... each look has it's own appeal and we all have our own opinion

IMHO - I do not care for the dropped look or the "jacked-up" look. Most of the time I like the "stock" look. Some engineer took a lot of time and spent great effort to give the profile the look it has ... and, to me, most of the time, they get it right.

Now, if you put skirts front and back and did not drop the back - that might look nice ... then again, since it is YOUR car - doing what you like is the way to go :thumbsup: 

You said what I thought. I also love the clean stock look and not the lowered. My Dodge pickup was lowered by the previous owner, when I hit bumps it bottoms out, hate that. Want to put airbags back there but it'd be

a real job to do that. 

You have a very pretty car Jack, whatever you decide to do. And I do look forward to pictures of you handy work😉

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Thanks guys. Stock is just way to boing for me. It’s like wearing clothes that somebody else picked out for you. You have to personalize it and make it your own 🙂

4 hours ago, Zephyr said:

vatos locos forever  

gonna look nice with the skirts and bagged

Hydraulics. No bags here. A lowrider is not a true lowrider with bags 🙂

Edited by Brother Jack

6 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

Thanks guys. Stock is just way to boing for me. It’s like wearing clothes that somebody else picked out for you. You have to personalize it and make it your own 🙂

Boring 🙃

On 9/17/2019 at 10:19 PM, Brother Jack said:

Here’s my 2015 Honda Accord coupe ex. Only 29K miles :)

DA173A5D-83B6-49EF-8851-5142FE282C86.jpeg

0CB35AF2-4FC2-4D47-BAD6-4587D83C14FC.jpeg

C2B9080B-892A-41F7-9FBB-983C06454CCD.jpeg

F3969F76-EA44-429F-A153-570A3AED422C.jpeg

8482F5BC-8AAC-4F5D-A888-98BDAA57D55C.jpeg

A video of my coupe before I sold it 🙂

On 12/31/2019 at 3:19 PM, bagwell1987 said:

You said what I thought. I also love the clean stock look and not the lowered. My Dodge pickup was lowered by the previous owner, when I hit bumps it bottoms out, hate that. Want to put airbags back there but it'd be

a real job to do that. 

I feel your pain. I used to have a 93 Sierra that was lowered quite a bit. It was like that when I bought it. It had an Escalade front clip and the front bumper hung down low. I was always scraping that thing on driveways and bumps.

I used to work with a guy that had his small pickup truck jacked-up so high he had to install hanging ladders so his wife could get into the truck - he also bought u-joints by the case because he went through them so fast ... only good part was he didn't have to lift the truck to go under and work on it.

23 hours ago, Qapla said:

I used to work with a guy that had his small pickup truck jacked-up so high he had to install hanging ladders so his wife could get into the truck - he also bought u-joints by the case because he went through them so fast ... only good part was he didn't have to lift the truck to go under and work on it.

I just don’t understand the whole lifted truck thing... but then again I’m into cars lowered on adjustable suspension and I’m sure there’s a lot of people who don’t understand that. When I used to detail cars we had a regular customer who’s truck was lifted so high I had to climb on his tire to get in it. I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. I don’t see how a mechanic could work on the engine of a truck like that. I would never want a vehicle so high I couldn’t park it in my garage.

Edited by Brother Jack

And I don't understand wanting to ride in a car so low I can't get in and out of it and it get's stuck on speed bumps ...

That is why we are all individuals ....

I have seen some good looking vehicles jacked up and some good looking ones lowered ... I have also seen some pretty silly looking ones of both types

Edited by Qapla

All my married life we've had a lifted Ford f-250. In the early days it was about a 10 inch lift. Can't say I liked it, especially  at 8 months pregnant! Today it's not so much lifted but more a leveling kit. We have nurf bars to help getting in the truck. Looks nice with just a little height. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34