JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Fast forward to 23:08. Probably the baddest truck build I’ve ever seen. It’s up there with the 1963 C10 built by Mark Barber.

WARNING: I didn’t watch the whole episode so I don’t know if there’s any profanity.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I used to work for this company, Gale Banks Engineering in Azusa, CA, that specializes in diesel power performance products like this custom Chevy S-10 with over 1,000 horsepower.

https://official.bankspower.com/project/custom-projects/banks-sidewinder-s10/

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2019 at 3:31 PM, minister159 said:

I used to work for this company, Gale Banks Engineering in Azusa, CA, that specializes in diesel power performance products like this custom Chevy S-10 with over 1,000 horsepower.

https://official.bankspower.com/project/custom-projects/banks-sidewinder-s10/

My stock 06 Chevy 3500 with the LBZ motor has over 400 hp.  Would love to have a Banks turbo :)  It would get around faster on LDC jobs.

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

14 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

You must have seen my previous post :lol:

Meant to paste link...

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2019 at 10:19 PM, Brother Jack said:

Here’s my 2015 Honda Accord coupe ex. Only 29K miles :)

DA173A5D-83B6-49EF-8851-5142FE282C86.jpeg

0CB35AF2-4FC2-4D47-BAD6-4587D83C14FC.jpeg

C2B9080B-892A-41F7-9FBB-983C06454CCD.jpeg

F3969F76-EA44-429F-A153-570A3AED422C.jpeg

8482F5BC-8AAC-4F5D-A888-98BDAA57D55C.jpeg

I was planning on driving this car till the wheels fall off but I sold it today through craigslist. I didn’t want to sell it but I want to buy my dream car, a 1964 Impala SS and I only have a 2 car garage and had 2 cars already. This one and a 99 Accord. I will buy a 2020 Accord sport in June and sell my 99 Accord to make room for my upcoming 64 impala. I can’t wait 😁

Edited by Brother Jack

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

Nice 😁

This has a 5.7 Hemi in it. Petrol is hugely expensive in New Zealand. $2.15 per litre  (3.785 litres to a US Gallon at $8.13 per gallon). But while I am cruising or driving nice and quietly, it cuts out half the cylinders. I can get it as low as 14.5 litres per 100km traveled. Still high, but not too bad. The car is 13 years old and just under 100,000kms on the clock.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/29/2017 at 10:05 PM, Shawnster said:

Brother Jack said

I’m trying to seal the deal on a 1966 impala off of a private ownerBrother Jack said: 

My best friend's first car was a 66 impala. But this was in 1990.

Saw this today. Gonna go look at it Monday. Really want a 64 but I talked to the owner and he said it had been repainted already so a lot of the hard work has been done already. If I get it I will fix it up, enjoy it for a couple of years and then sell it and get a 64.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/797373020/

Edited by Brother Jack

2 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

Saw this today. Gonna go look at it Monday. Really want a 64 but I talked to the owner and he said it had been repainted already so a lot of the hard work has been done already. If I get it I will fix it up, enjoy it for a couple of years and then sell it and get a 64.

Really nice. Great deal if it goes home

My first car was a metallic green 1976 Ford Pinto! Coming from a family of gas fumed volkswagon bus and bugs I felt so upscale, until my dad blew her up and I sold the remnants to a neighbor.

My favorite rig was my 1994 Chev Astro van, 4.3 V6 Mitsubishi. Tinted windows, glossy maroon paint and solid alloys with a sub woofer and amp. Head Turner. And she's still on the road hauling organic veg to local restaurants!

Today baby is my 2003 V8 Dodge Hemi 1500 cab and a half pickup. Lowered with flowmaster, tinted windows, rumbly exhaust system and shiny chrome wheels. Had the upper part of the motor rebuilt a couple years ago, now she's nearing 200,000 miles. Having issues with the ABS light coming on, so far nothing I can do anything about. If and when the motor goes I'll definitely consider replacing it. This baby scoots! I love the power and sound. She will lay you back in your seat when you need to go FAST!  Might start looking for a new driver's seat as the cushion in mine is getting flat and I can feel the metal framework. Have a piece of foam pad with a cover over it for now. Meh, it works.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On 12/21/2019 at 11:17 PM, Brother Jack said:

Picked it up today. I’ve had it for only a few hours. Will post a video I took tomorrow 😁

AF0901E6-4814-4C33-8A41-52BE05268E76.jpeg

551AF9FE-AEA8-4650-9C3B-11D240B1E6BD.jpeg

D228A1AD-D727-41A0-8F44-065B8F89DDDB.jpeg

C34D24F1-85E3-44CF-BC7F-711F4A84B6B2.jpeg

A0682D7A-DCF9-46A2-A55F-CC86F90959F7.jpeg

That is a nice looking ride ... tel us a little more -

My first car was a 1963 Chevy Biscayne 2 Door Sedan ...

kc1210-100878_1.jpg?1291390886000a8e0610be126e5ab2043e4ffda91846e.jpg

Only, mine was turquoise over white and not in as good condition as yours or the one in these pics.

Mine had

• 6 cyl 230
  • 2 speed automatic transmission
  • hand crank windows
  • NO powers steering
  • NO power brakes
  • NO air conditioning - and I live in Florida
  • No radio

And I pioneered and washed windows out of it for a few years :thumbsup:

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Thanks guys. It is a numbers matching car with only 125K original miles. It has a 327 motor and I’m pretty sure the transmission is a power glide. I got it from a guy who buys classic cars, fixes them up and sells them. He bought it from the original owner in Indiana and the title is still in his name. The American racing wheels and tires are only 2 weeks old and are in perfect condition. Here’s a video 🙂

Before I do anything to it I’m gonna put in a edelbrock carburetor, new air cleaner, manifold gasket, spark plugs, wires, valve cover gaskets, new oil pan, oil pan gasket, change rear end seal and oil, transmission pan gasket, change transmission fluid, new radiator hoses, new fuel filter, and have the horn fixed.  I want this thing running right!