JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Putin delivers state of the nation address

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2236 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I am watching live speech by Putin.

He just announced new weapons (far ..far ..more advanced than those of US)

Putin said following:

Those weapons will play role in ensuring Peace in the world.

He said instead creating threats let's seat down and talk about introducing Peace and Security to the world

United NATIONS should play greater role

The world is going through turning point in the history

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 minutes ago, cheesychat said:

Wow! I just put the tele on and caught the tail end but was too late to get much.

Interesting parts are at the end (10min or so)

There will be full transcript available here, so far they published just the beginning

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/transcripts/messages/56957

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

The new US nuclear posture allows a nuclear strike in response to a conventional attack. President Vladimir Putin said Russia, if attacked with nuclear weapons, would not hesitate to respond in kind.

The warning came during a state of the nation address delivered by the Russian president on Thursday, in which he presented a number of new advanced strategic weapon systems which, he said, would render all anti-missile capabilities that the US currently has powerless. Putin also mentioned the new American nuclear posture, which has relaxed some rules on when the US is prepared to use its nuclear weapons.

https://www.rt.com/news/420171-nukes-us-russia-attack/

3 minutes ago, cheesychat said:

Putin reveals Russia's 'invincible missile' in pre-election speech - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43239331

Yes, I have watched that.

Russia's military power was built to maintain peace in the world, he argued.

Edited by Gregexplore

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/01/putin-new-russia-missile-nuclear.html

Putin reveals new Russian missile that can 'reach any point in the world'

• Russian President Vladimir Putin revealed a slew of new defense systems Thursday, including a new prototype missile that "can reach any point in the world" and a supersonic weapon which cannot be tracked by anti-missile systems.
  • Delivering his annual State of the Union address, Putin announced increased capabilities in defense.
  • Putin also said that, if attacked, Russia was ready to use nuclear weapons.
  • Putin joked that the two new strategic nuclear weapons he described — the global cruise missile and the subsurface unmanned vehicle — did not have names yet and lawmakers could submit their suggestions via the Defense Ministry website.

Edited by BibleSteve

didn't add text

2 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

I am watching live speech by Putin.

He just announced new weapons (far ..far ..more advanced than those of US)

Putin said following:

He said instead creating threats let's seat down and talk about introducing Peace and Security to the world

The world is going through turning point in the history

Trusting in the gods of war. Threatening the world to obey. Building up trust in the UN. Traits of KoN

3 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

Wow. Spelled out just like that.. This is quite interesting. Thanks for posting this as I usually lack the patience and attention span to listen to these kinds of things. Bet you almost fell off your couch when you heard the above quote! LOL

3 hours ago, cheesychat said:

So glad we know what the future holds....

I was also trying to quote Saffron's statement above:  Those weapons will play role in ensuring Peace in the world.

World Peace and Unification church - speaking of world peace ...

Not wanting to start a dedicated thread to this - I found while I was reading the other links noted above.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43231638

But Yikes?!! :(  these people are someone's neighbour - this thought lives amongst us.  I had heard of the Moonies as a teenager - Had no idea that this was alive and doing well.

Edited by NW2018

tried to include the other quote

31 minutes ago, NW2018 said:

World Peace and Unification church - speaking of world peace ...

Not wanting to start a dedicated thread to this - I found while I was reading the other links noted above.

Pictures speak a thousand words.. I have never heard of this and this is in my state.

Let them put together whatever weapons they feel they need. When they go to wage war against the Lamb,  they will feel confident in what they have against an army of horses.

(Revelation 19:19) . . .And I saw the wild beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the one seated on the horse and against his army.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

3 hours ago, Awakened said:

Russia = KON

Starting to look a lot like the old pushing and shoving between the US and the Soviet Union.:coffee::popcorn:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

Interesting counterpoint.

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/3/1/17066598/putin-speech-missile-nuclear-election

What Putin’s scary-sounding nuclear weapons announcement really means
Hint: You don’t need to worry that much.

Experts say the most impressive new weapon he revealed is a nuclear-powered cruise missile that can hit any point on Earth. (That’s big: conventional cruise missiles rarely travel more than 600 miles.) This kind of weapon moves so quickly and flies so low to the ground that it could evade US and European missile defense systems and hit intended targets with a nuclear weapon. Putin said this new technology renders American missile defense “useless,” but US officials still say it needs further testing and is not yet operational.

The Defense Department sees it differently. “We’re not surprised by [Putin’s] statements,” top Pentagon spokesperson Dana White told reporters on Thursday, “and the American people should rest assured that we are fully prepared.”

Putin framed the two-hour address as a show of Russian might and defiance against efforts by the West — particularly the United States and NATO — to push back on Moscow. “You have failed to contain Russia,” he said.

But the bellicose language comes at a peculiar time: Russia’s presidential elections are on March 18, just 17 days away. Putin is likely to win a fourth term due to a rigged vote, meaning he could rule Russia until at least 2024. Ahead of the planned victory, he wants to prove to the Russian people he remains fit to lead after nearly 20 years in power, experts say.

“For Putin, it’s all domestic,” says Alina Polyakova, a Russia expert at the Brookings Institution, a think tank in Washington, DC. “The regime needs to constantly maintain its fear-mongering that the US and NATO are out to get Russia and that Putin personally can protect the Russian people.”

So while the new weapons are scary, they’re mostly meant as a signal to Putin’s domestic audience and foes abroad that Russia is strong — and cannot be ignored in the Putin era.