JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Examining the Scriptures Daily - 2014

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I so love how Jehovah masterfully uses his slave to teach us! And love us! How easy to understand that citizenship can be revoked---since none of us are natural citizens--no one born into perfection here!

Have a great day publicizing Jehovah and his Kingdom! I am going to try and reach the goal of three comments with my patients today---on my last day of clinical!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Tuesday, February 18

If he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him.—Jas. 5:15.

Never forget that God is truly merciful and that he drew you into the congregation because he saw your potential. (Ps. 103:8, 9) So as long as you maintain a complete heart toward Jehovah, he will never give up on you. (1 Chron. 28:9) While praying on his last night with his 11 faithful apostles, Jesus said these unforgettable words in their behalf: “Watch over them because of the wicked one.” (John 17:15) Jesus’ concern was not limited to his apostles, but it extends to all his followers. Hence, we can be sure that Jehovah will answer Jesus’ prayer by watching over us during these critical times. “For those walking in integrity [Jehovah] is a shield . . . He will guard the very way of his loyal ones.” (Prov. 2:7, 8) Yes, the way of integrity is not without its challenges, but it is the only way to everlasting life and true freedom. (Rom. 8:21) Let no one lure you from it!w12 7/15 2:17, 18

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Wednesday, February 19

I shall not take away my integrity!—Job 27:5.

Job experienced extreme pressures. Everything in his life seemed to go wrong. (Job 3:3, 11) Making matters worse, he did not fully understand why all those things happened to him. Still, he never gave up. He maintained his integrity and his faith in God. What a fine example for us to imitate! Consider, too, the apostle Paul’s example. He experienced ‘dangers in the city, in the wilderness, and at sea.’ He speaks of ‘hunger and thirst, cold and nakedness.’ Paul also mentions spending ‘a night and a day in the deep,’ likely because of one of the shipwrecks that he went through. (2 Cor. 11:23-27) Despite facing death for serving God, Paul had faith that God would rescue him. (2 Cor. 1:8-10) Not many people have had as many bad experiences as Paul did. Nevertheless, many of us can relate to his feelings and can take comfort from his courageous example. w12 10/15 1:6, 7

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Thursday, February 20

Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night.—1 Thess. 5:2.

As used here, “Jehovah’s day” refers to the period that will start with the destruction of false religion and will culminate in the war of Armageddon. However, just before that day of Jehovah begins, world leaders will be saying “Peace and security!” (1 Thess. 5:3) This may refer to one event or to a series of events. No matter who will share in saying “Peace and security!” that development will indicate that Jehovah’s day is to begin. Paul could therefore state: “Brothers, you are not in darkness, so that that day should overtake you as it would thieves, for you are all sons of light.” (1 Thess. 5:4, 5) Unlike mankind in general, we discern the Scriptural significance of current events. How exactly will this prophecy about saying “Peace and security!” be fulfilled? We must wait and see. Therefore, let us be determined to “stay awake and keep our senses.”—1 Thess. 5:6; Zeph. 3:8w12 9/15 1:3, 4

Friday, February 21

In these things I do take delight.—Jer. 9:24.

Are you proud to have Jehovah as your God? How do you react when neighbors, colleagues, classmates, or relatives speak ill of Jehovah and make fun of his Witnesses? Do you speak up when Jehovah’s name is being reproached, trusting in his support? True, there is “a time to keep quiet,” but we must not be ashamed of being Witnesses of Jehovah and followers of Jesus. (Eccl. 3:1, 7; Mark 8:38) Although we should be tactful and courteous in dealing with people who are not favorably disposed, let us not be like those Israelites who “became terrified and were greatly afraid” when they heard Goliath’s taunting words. (1 Sam. 17:11) Instead, let us act decisively in order to sanctify Jehovah God’s name. Our desire is to help people to come to know Jehovah as the God he really is. To that end, we use his written Word in an effort to help others to see the importance of drawing close to God.—Jas. 4:8w12 11/15 1:5

I am naturally shy and timid by nature. (I know, shocking, better writer, then speaker) But, when I hear inaccurate, or untrue things said about our brotherhood, or organization, and I know the truth of the matter, I will politely, warmly, and humbly correct the conversation to the best of my ability.

I am naturally shy and timid by nature. (I know, shocking, better writer, then speaker) But, when I hear inaccurate, or untrue things said about our brotherhood, or organization, and I know the truth of the matter, I will politely, warmly, and humbly correct the conversation to the best of my ability.

beard - what beard? new/old pic?

Saturday, February 22

The weight of the gold that came to Solomon in one year amounted to six hundred and sixty-six talents of gold.—2 Chron. 9:13.

Solomon’s annual revenue of gold alone weighed some 25 tons! However, what Solomon wrote in the book of Ecclesiastes shows that he was not misled into thinking that achievement and joy are limited to those having wealth or prominence. Not at all. He wrote: “I have come to know that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice and to do good during one’s life; and also that every man should eat and indeed drink and see good for all his hard work. It is the gift of God.” (Eccl. 3:12, 13) And he realized that such pleasures are truly meaningful for the one who has God’s approval, who has a good relationship with Him. Solomon rightly stated: “The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole obligation of man.”—Eccl. 12:13w12 12/15 1:4, 5

Hey gal! Looks like I am "on", for a week or so. A bit of a dust up w/ at&t. That is part of the good ole days, I miss. Called customer service. But from what the news is reporting we won't have to wait much longer. I could just cry, when I see what humankind is being subjected to. Such misery!

Take care!

MizPeg

Sunday, February 23

He went throwing the camp of the Egyptians into confusion. And he kept taking wheels off their chariots so that they were 

driving them with difficulty.—Ex.14:24, 25.

Compared with Pharaoh’s military forces in their war chariots, the Israelites moved at a ponderous pace. Yet, there was no possibility that the Egyptians would overtake them, for Jehovah was fighting for Israel. Once all Israel was safely ashore on the other side of the Red Sea, Jehovah directed Moses: “Stretch your hand out over the sea, that the waters may come back over the Egyptians, their war chariots and their cavalrymen.” As the soldiers tried to flee the onrushing waters, “Jehovah shook the Egyptians off into the midst of the sea.” There was no escape. “Not so much as one among them was let remain.” (Ex. 14:26-28) Jehovah thus showed that he has the power to deliver his people from any situation. w12 4/15 4:11, 12

Although we should be tactful and courteous in dealing with people who are not favorably disposed, let us not be like those Israelites who “became terrified and were greatly afraid” when they heard Goliath’s taunting words.

i like to say that Jehovah helps us to have a strong character 

i was talking about Jesus' qualities with a bible study and he thought it is weakness to be so in our time

Jesus was humble, always kind, modest, patient etc.   ...............

Yes, but this modest person was the same with the one that chased away the merchants from the temple of his Father !

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

Monday, February 24

A mere saffron of the coastal plain I am, a lily of the low plains.—Song of Sol. 2:1.

To these words of the Shulammite, the shepherd replied: “Like a lily among thorny weeds, so is my girl companion among the daughters”! (Song of Sol. 2:2) Yes, they truly loved each other. And because they primarily loved God, their marital bond would be strong indeed. In fact, the Shulammite said to her beloved shepherd: “Place me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm; because love is as strong as death is, insistence on exclusive devotion is as unyielding as Sheol is. Its blazings are the blazings of a fire, the flame of Jah [for it is from him]. Many waters themselves are not able to extinguish love, nor can rivers themselves wash it away. If a man would give all the valuable things of his house for love, persons would positively despise them.” (Song of Sol. 8:6, 7) When weighing wedlock, why should a servant of Jehovah settle for anything less? w12 5/15 1:4, 5

Tuesday, February 25

I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed.—Gen. 3:15.

Soon after the rebellion in Eden, Jehovah made a promise that a “woman” would produce a “seed.” That seed would eventually bruise the serpent, Satan, in the head. Jehovah later revealed that the seed would come through Abraham, belong to the nation of Israel, be a Judean, and be a descendant of King David. (Gen. 22:15-18; 49:10; Ps. 89:3, 4; Luke 1:30-33) The principal part of that seed proved to be Christ Jesus. (Gal. 3:16) The secondary part of the seed is made up of the spirit-anointed members of the Christian congregation. (Gal. 3:26-29) Jesus and these anointed ones unite to form God’s Kingdom, the instrument with which God will crush Satan. (Luke 12:32; Rom. 16:20) That first prophecy given in Eden also stated that Satan would produce a “seed.” His seed would express enmity, or hatred, for the seed of the woman. w12 6/15 1:4, 5

Wednesday, February 26

[Peerinto the perfect law that belongs to freedom.—Jas. 1:25.

“The perfect law that belongs to freedom” is not the Mosaic Law, for that code made transgressions manifest and was fulfilled in Christ. (Matt. 5:17; Gal. 3:19) To what law, then, was James referring? He had in mind “the law of the Christ,” also called “the law of faith” and “the law of a free people.” (Gal. 6:2; Rom. 3:27; Jas. 2:12) “The perfect law,” therefore, encompasses everything that Jehovah requires of us. Both anointed Christians and the “other sheep” benefit from it. (John 10:16) Unlike the law codes of many countries, “the perfect law” is neither complex nor burdensome but consists of simple commandments and basic principles. (1 John 5:3) “My yoke is kindly and my load is light,” said Jesus. (Matt. 11:29, 30) Additionally, “the perfect law” has no need for a long list of sanctions, or penalties, for it is founded on love and is engraved on minds and hearts.—Heb. 8:6, 10w12 7/15 1:4, 5

It is funny how "freedom" is viewed by so many people.  I am surrounded by smokers. Cough, cough.  Yet when they think about continued smoking being a disfellowshipping event,  they bring up their tired old reasoning of "no where in the Bible does it say not to smoke".  Principals people, principals.  But yet they are controlled by that nasty addicition to the point of a ritual.  Must go to store before they close to get cigerettes,  If I wake up in the middle of the night must have cigerettes before going to sleep.  Must have one upon arising.  One after meals, sex, whatever!  Panic pursues if they are caught without cigerettes.  Or if they are misplaced. Or run out.  Where is their freedom in that? 

It sounds like it turned into a rant instead of an appreciation but I assure you it is not.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!