JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Examining the Scriptures Daily - 2014

Sister Leslie, you hit the nail on the head. The Christian congregation is guided by principals, and principaled actions, with very few laws compared to the Mosaic Law. If you love your neighbor as yourself, right action is to avoid anything deliberately contaminating, be it physical, spiritual, or mental, but the world in general wants it's own version of freedom, and misses out on so many blessings in not being guided by "the perfect Law that belongs to freedom".

Edited by Kevin Anthony

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's sad, and yet, not permanent! Think of all the untold masses of humanity who will recieve a ressurection with a full opportunity to be obedient to Christ's Kingdom and it's Laws of love, peace and righteousness. There will be a time when all will know Jehovah and His ways in a direct manner, so there will not be any of the excuses the world uses in this present evil world. "For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of Jehovah as the waters cover the sea." (Habakkuk 2:14)

Thursday, February 27

The true knowledge will become abundant.—Dan. 12:4.

Following the death of the apostles, foretold apostasy from genuine Christianity developed and spread like fire. (Acts 20:28-30; 2 Thess. 2:1-3) For centuries thereafter, “the true knowledge” was far from abundant. However, in the 1870’s, a small group of sincere Christians in Pennsylvania, U.S.A., met together to study the Bible diligently and to search for “the true knowledge.” They called themselves Bible Students. These were not “the wise and intellectual ones” from whom Jesus said that knowledge was to be hidden. (Matt. 11:25) They were humble people who sincerely desired to do God’s will. Carefully and prayerfully, they read, discussed, and meditated on the Scriptures. They also compared Bible passages and examined the writings of others who had made a similar search. Gradually, these Bible Students came to discern truths that had been obscured for centuries. w12 8/15 1:3, 4

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

This text has been a guarantee to me from Jehovah. Here he states that he will make sure the truth about him as well as the facts concerning this planet is known. Nothing can stop him. This guarantee is to his faithful ones as well as for the unfaithful. Satan has tried to stop the truth from being public knowledge. He has tried to keep this text from coming true. Here, in the time of the end, Jehovah has raised up a dedicated people that even death can not stop. What a blessing it is to be among such people. It is an awesome privilege to actively participate in the fulfillment of Jehovah's prophetic promise. It is epic.

Friday, February 28

His days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.—Gen. 6:3.

Jehovah did not have the ark built and then decide when to bring the floodwaters, as if he needed to keep the timing of the start of the Flood flexible in case the construction project ran behind schedule. Rather, long before he said anything to Noah about building an ark, God fixed the time for the Flood to begin. How do we know that? From Jehovah’s words in today’s text. This was not a statement regarding the average human lifespan. It was a judicial decree in which Jehovah declared when he would act to cleanse the earth of ungodliness. Since the Flood began in 2370 B.C.E., we infer that God made this pronouncement in 2490 B.C.E. At that time, Noah was 480 years old. (Gen. 7:6) Some 20 years later, in the year 2470 B.C.E., Noah’s sons began to be born. (Gen. 5:32) About one hundred years remained before the Flood was to begin. w12 4/15 4:4, 5

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Saturday, March 1

Become imitators of God.—Eph. 5:1.

One way to imitate Jehovah is to adopt his viewpoint regarding matters. Jehovah hates sin, and so should we. Indeed, we ought to move as far away from wrongdoing as possible and not see how close we can get to it without being overcome by sin. For instance, we need to guard against succumbing to apostasy, a sin that would make us unfit to glorify God. (Deut. 13:6-9) Let us therefore have nothing to do with apostates or anyone who claims to be a brother but who is dishonoring God. This should be the case even if he is a family member. (1 Cor. 5:11) We are not benefited by trying to refute the arguments of apostates or those who are critical of Jehovah’s organization. In fact, it is spiritually dangerous and improper to peruse their information, whether it appears in written form or it is found on the Internet.—Isa. 5:20; Matt. 7:6w12 5/15 4:12, 13

Sunday, March 2

I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I came to be the one he was specially fond of day by day.—Prov. 8:30.

It is logical that the bond between Jehovah and Jesus became stronger as they worked together and as the Son learned to imitate his Father’s qualities. (Prov. 8:22, 23, 31) With the creation of other intelligent creatures, the Son saw how Jehovah dealt with each one, and his appreciation for God’s personality surely deepened. Even the challenge that Satan later launched against the rightfulness of Jehovah’s sovereignty gave the Son an opportunity to learn how Jehovah would exercise love, justice, wisdom, and power when He was confronted with a difficult situation. This would, in turn, no doubt have prepared Jesus to cope with the difficulties that he himself later encountered in his ministry on earth. (John 5:19) Because of his close relationship with Jehovah, the Son explained the Father in richer detail than anyone else could ever do. w12 4/15 1:6-8

Sunday, March 2

I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I came to be the one he was specially fond of day by day.—Prov. 8:30.

It is logical that the bond between Jehovah and Jesus became stronger as they worked together and as the Son learned to imitate his Father’s qualities. (Prov. 8:22, 23, 31) With the creation of other intelligent creatures, the Son saw how Jehovah dealt with each one, and his appreciation for God’s personality surely deepened. Even the challenge that Satan later launched against the rightfulness of Jehovah’s sovereignty gave the Son an opportunity to learn how Jehovah would exercise love, justice, wisdom, and power when He was confronted with a difficult situation. This would, in turn, no doubt have prepared Jesus to cope with the difficulties that he himself later encountered in his ministry on earth. (John 5:19) Because of his close relationship with Jehovah, the Son explained the Father in richer detail than anyone else could ever do. w12 4/15 1:6-8

This is where I feel so appreciative of age. The longer I live I get to see how Jehovah deals with problem situations and problem people. I have learned, as I sit back and simply wait, that Jah is amazing. He doesn't react quickly most times. He allows us to fix our junk, he's loving and wants us to learn to listen to him and learn. So just as Jesus did above I also marvel - I see how Jah deals with us and my appreciation for him deepens.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Monday, March 3

There are seven kings: five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet arrived.—Rev. 17:10.

The first head of the beast mentioned at Revelation 17:3 represents Egypt. Why? Because Egypt was the first major power to express enmity toward God’s people. The descendants of Abraham—through whom the promised seed of the woman would come—grew numerous in Egypt. Then, Egypt oppressed Israel. Satan attempted to wipe out God’s people before the seed could arrive. How? By motivating Pharaoh to execute all male Israelite children. Jehovah thwarted that attempt and liberated his people from enslavement to Egypt. (Ex. 1:15-20; 14:13) The second head of the beast represents Assyria. This mighty kingdom also attempted to wipe out God’s people by attacking Jerusalem. Satan may have had the goal of obliterating the royal line that would eventually lead to Jesus. Jehovah miraculously delivered his faithful people by destroying the invaders.—2 Ki. 19:32-35; Isa. 10:5, 6, 12-15. w12 6/15 1:6-8

Tuesday, March 4

Hate what is bad, and love what is good.—Amos 5:15.

The boundaries that Jehovah has set for his intelligent creatures are for their benefit and protection. Take, for example, the physical laws that govern energy and matter. People do not complain of being oppressed by those laws. Rather, they appreciate them, recognizing that natural laws are essential for their welfare. Likewise, Jehovah’s moral and spiritual standards, reflected in “the perfect law” of the Christ, are for man’s benefit. (Jas. 1:25) This law also allows us to satisfy all our proper desires without harming ourselves or encroaching on the rights and freedoms of others. The secret, then, to being truly free—being able to do what we desire—is to cultivate the right desires, those that harmonize with Jehovah’s personality and standards. In other words, we have to learn to love what Jehovah loves and to hate what he hates, which the law of freedom helps us to do. w12 7/15 1:6, 7

I believe that it is so necessary for us to do this, to "hate" what Jehovah hates and "love" what He loves. We see many who are rubbing elbows with the world and their conscience that used to bother them now doesn't. Many are accepting gays and the lifestyle that goes with it and having dealings with them in their life like it is "no big deal" but then they are critical of some of their brothers and sisters.

It's not always easy to hate what Jehovah hates because of our sinful flesh, but it is imperative for us to work hard at it. When we work at it, Jehovah can see that our hearts are trying to be clean so we can worship him in a pleasing way.

Wednesday, March 5

The words are made secret and sealed up until the time of the end.—Dan. 12:9.

Today, we can grasp the meaning of prophecies that remained a “secret” for ages but are now being fulfilled in this time of the end. These include those found throughout the Scriptures, especially in the Gospels and the book of Revelation. Jehovah has even helped us understand events that we could not see with our eyes—the enthronement of Jesus, the war in heaven, and the hurling of Satan down to the earth. (Rev. 12:7-12) God has also given us insight into the meaning of what we can see—wars, earthquakes, pestilences, food shortages, as well as godless people who contribute to these “critical times hard to deal with.” (2 Tim. 3:1-5; Luke 21:10, 11) How grateful we are that “the helper,” God’s holy spirit, has been sent to guide Jesus’ followers “into all the truth”! (John 16:7, 13) May we always treasure “the true knowledge” and unselfishly share it with others!—Dan. 12:4w12 8/15 1:7, 8

I see someone who was very close to me in the Truth who learned many of these 'secrets' and now they act as if they never knew them! The pain is just about to wreck me! But I have to keep focused on what I know to be true and my love and loyalty to Jehovah. I never thought this would be something that was possible. It just brings home the fact we really do only have Jehovah to rely on. We hope we have each other but in the end there is only Jehovah...

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Sacred Secret of Godly Devotion. Paul wrote to Timothy: “I am writing you these things, . . . that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in God’s household, which is the congregation of the living God, a pillar and support of the truth. Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: ‘He [Jesus Christ] was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believed upon in the world, was received up in glory.’”—1Ti 3:14-16.

Jehovah just makes it so easy for us --how is it you can know then fall away??? I know intellectually this answer but it is breaking my heart being close to it.

LeslieDean

Sister Leslie

My dear sister. I have been going through the same experience, still experiencing many emotions, as it is very shocking to know what people who were dedicated, baptized servants of Jehovah for many decades can do.  In fact the things they do can be worse than those in the world, who do not know Jehovah and out of ignorance.. We who remain loyal have the privilege of knowing these sacred things fulfilling right before our eyes. What exciting, yet testing times. Yet our love for Jehovah and the glorious future just ahead keeps us going. We are not the ones who will lose out!...

Keep your love for Jehovah stronger than for any imperfect human. You will get through xxx :)

Thursday, March 6

Whenever it is that they are saying: “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them.—1 Thess. 5:3.

The first phase of this “sudden destruction” is the attack against “Babylon the Great,” the world empire of false religion, also known as “the harlot.” (Rev. 17:5, 6, 15) That attack against all forms of false religion, including Christendom, is the start of the “great tribulation.” (Matt. 24:21; 2 Thess. 2:8) God’s Word identifies the harlot’s attacker as a “wild beast” with “ten horns.” A study of the book of Revelation shows that the wild beast refers to the United Nations (UN). “The ten horns” represent all present political powers that support this “scarlet-colored wild beast.” (Rev. 17:3, 5, 11, 12) How devastating will the attack be? The nations of the UN will plunder the harlot’s wealth, expose her real character, devour her, and “completely burn her.” Her destruction will be final.—Rev. 17:16w12 9/15 1:3, 5, 6

Every time I read these words I have to remind my self to breathe. I don't even realize I am holding my breath until I take that first gasp and fell my heart catching up to speed. It reminds me of waking up to the morning news and military tanks combing of oil fields that dark day of 9-11-2001! It was sudden and took most by surprise but in the days following we learned just how's any years it was in the

Making. Makes me feel we are behind the scenes as to what will shortly take place and as we frankly warn people they look at us like we are crazy. Wonder what all those people in the towers would have thought if on their way to work that morning someone told them what was to happen? Would they have paused in disbelief or just laughed and kept on their merry way? What do you see them doing today?

LeslieDean