JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Great Avatar Competition ... your vote counts!!

Avatars speak a lot about who we are ... some more than others.

So let's show others a little about ourselves with our creativity in a themed Avatar Month Contest. Which will begin

in the first week of each calendar month.

Those of you who are attached to their avatars and don't wish to change them.... still pop in and vote for the ones 

you like the most.

RULES:

1. It's a simple contest and the theme varies each  month. The winner (the one with the most votes for ONE avatar entry) of each calendar month gets to choose the theme for the following month.

2. You can be as creative as you wish ... using photoshop, your artwork or photos or a picture from the net. 

(If the avatar is your own creation say so when you do your first post - you may earn more votes).

3. Once you enter with an Avatar the votes are only counted for the Avatar you first entered with ... if you change your avatar - then the vote count starts over.

4. If someone enters with the same avatar that you want to use, the first one who posts in this thread will claim it as their avatar for the month.

HOW TO ENTER:

Change your avatar to your desired picture - make a post with a thumbnail or photo of the avatar IN YOUR POST as well as changing it in your profile. Tell us if its your own original work or something chosen from the net. If the post does not have a picture of your choice within the post it will be invalid. (As it could change to another avatar as the month goes along).

HOW TO VOTE:

Using the 'quote' feature of the avatar you wish to vote for - enter the votes you wish to make for that avatar underneath the quote: thus: +1-+5 ... the more creative or appealilng the higher the vote. You may vote more than once as entries may continue to come in through out the month ... and there may be one you like as much.

I'll be watching and will come in during the month if I need to make an avatar invalid or do a quick tally if need be.

The winner will be declared at the end of each calendar month and they may choose the next theme.

NB: This does not have to be said, but it does - any theme or avatar that is inappropriate (I don't expect this will be the case) for jwtalk - will be replaced by the member who had the next highest vote count.  In case of a draw ... the members who have the draw will pm each other and work out the next theme ... and it must be 'liked' by all members who won.

THEMES:

Themes may be anything from food groups, to countries, to animals, to biblical themes to beards or meat. 

NB: If you are a new member and want to join in the fun, but not quite sure how to upload avatars please PM me or other members of this thread privately and we will help you out.

APRIL 2018 THEME:

There seems to be a tendancy towards sweet delicious pastries on some profiles - not naming anyone of course. So the first theme is PASTRIES -  (anything you will find in a bakery - from chocolate eclairs to apple pies).

Have fun everyone!!

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Entry :

I'm not very creative this time sorry ... just starting it off more than anything.

This is a Pavlova ... a favourite dessert in Ausralia and New Zealand - best of course with kiwifruit on top!

Made with egg whites and sugar - to create a hard shell with a soft merigue type sponge n the middle - topped with cream.

This is NOT my own image. 

PS: Don't vote mine it would be unfair for me to win .

pavlova.jpg

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 hour ago, Stormswift said:

There seems to be a tendancy towards sweet delicious pastries on some profiles - not naming anyone of course. So the first theme is PASTRIES -  (anything you will find in a bakery - from chocolate eclairs to apple pies).

Have fun everyone!!

I went through the depths and widths of the forum and couldn't find anyone who would fit such a description :lol2:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

24 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

For the love of donuts ..I am submitting this one! :D (Comes from internet)

1638019.jpg

That should keep you quiet for a bit.

+2 ... very you ... but not the wow factor. LOL.

5 hours ago, Stormswift said:

That should keep you quiet for a bit.

+2 ... very you ... but not the wow factor. LOL.

As as long as he doesn’t eat with his mouth full. :lol1:

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

5 hours ago, humblebumblebee said:

Did not make this plain beehive cake

beehive-cake_checked_125x125.jpg.995cff54ee06a199f2e1623a1a9c24ec.jpg

Very  nice ...+3 for how well it fits into your name.

22 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Homemade fudge being made by my #3 daughter

Aprila.thumb.jpg.3a8423b535c1d8df7a81502b4be4897d.jpg

Well done her.+4 for originality

2 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Found this theme fitting .gif on the 5ac943c7e8517_WorldwideWeb.gif.d5b02f8733bcf70f922a45da3b3da82f.gif

Not sure what it is, so I'm calling this dish the dancing Danish. 5ac944458275c_Bateyessmirk.gif.be74c1acdc5c24750ca3ca9ad71ee1aa.gif

doughnut-funny-animated-gif.gif.2dbfb405a9bab8222fc04c70f882c946.gif

5ac94481b6a86_ThankYouswingaroundsignpole.gif.df2a2c5a39f024ae83128acf530bba70.gif in advance for your support. 5ac944af7e66d_YESGrinning.gif.cd0243879d3ac36ebdfab29623332473.gif

Donut sister... ! Wow ...family :grouphug:

+400 points ...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

This was actually my first choice,

5ac94764ad1a7_HealthyPinkDonut.gif.cf9335a28e8c717b08bdbc55bd6e8688.gif

5ac947b2482a2_LaughingROFLMHO.gif.f920cfdb73e66aea812181e64ac1adc8.gif5ac947f4e134f_Laughinghahahahahahahsign.gif.2a9406ff91f21bbfbe6367d1b62ff038.gif5ac9480b2905b_LaughingSlapping.gif.f92e8a506d18feaab69fee712a9f9a90.gif

but couldn't enter it in the contest

because this message said it was too large to be an avatar:

1 file was larger than the maximum file size of 249.9584kb, and was skipped

5ac94849e309d_Cryweeping.gif.8583bbf51b5cfa33c82376466d5eb046.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 4/2/2018 at 2:50 AM, Gregexplore said:

For the love of donuts ..I am submitting this one! :D (Comes from internet)

1638019.jpg

+5 you can’t beat this as a pastry avitar lol

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

7 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Found this theme fitting .gif on the 5ac943c7e8517_WorldwideWeb.gif.d5b02f8733bcf70f922a45da3b3da82f.gif

Not sure what it is, so I'm calling this dish the dancing Danish. 5ac944458275c_Bateyessmirk.gif.be74c1acdc5c24750ca3ca9ad71ee1aa.gif

doughnut-funny-animated-gif.gif.2dbfb405a9bab8222fc04c70f882c946.gif

5ac94481b6a86_ThankYouswingaroundsignpole.gif.df2a2c5a39f024ae83128acf530bba70.gif in advance for your support. 5ac944af7e66d_YESGrinning.gif.cd0243879d3ac36ebdfab29623332473.gif

3 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

+5 you can’t beat this as a pastry avitar lol

Sure you can!

7 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

Once they have a break from other threads.. bacon, beards and King of the North ..sure they will flock here.... LOL :whistling:

There are bacon doughnuts in the King of the Norths beard?

That would be a popular topic! :lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Disneyland has unveiled its newest food creation – a breakfast-worthy update of the beloved Dole Whip.

Now it has been transformed into a handheld doughnut that packs the same sweet and refreshing flavor as the original.

The Dole Whip Donut is stuffed with pineapple fruit filling and topped with a creamy pineapple icing and a tall swirl of fluffy, “marshmallow-y” meringue, according to the Disney Food Blog.

Even Disneyland is into donuts now... LOL :lol1:

1523319666370.jpg

25 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Disneyland has unveiled its newest food creation – a breakfast-worthy update of the beloved Dole Whip.

Now it has been transformed into a handheld doughnut that packs the same sweet and refreshing flavor as the original.

The Dole Whip Donut is stuffed with pineapple fruit filling and topped with a creamy pineapple icing and a tall swirl of fluffy, “marshmallow-y” meringue, according to the Disney Food Blog.

Even Disneyland is into donuts now... LOL :lol1:

It isn't the cost of the donut it is the entry fee that holds me back. All I can do is look through the fence and say yum, yum. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

2 minutes ago, Old said:

It isn't the cost of the donut it is the entry fee that holds me back. All I can do is look through the fence and say yum, yum. 

Aren't you also concerned they will keep you..? 

:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, Old said:

If your dress up like a donut they might let you in for free ..for originality ..LOL

Inspiration below ...:whistling:

41WlwDskuEL._UX342_.jpg