JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sexual abuse in Islam

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2195 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'm not sure if Hindus actually make that claim. I do know they have thousands of different gods and they call on different ones for different things. (similar to Catholic saints; "patron saint of ____ ")

They hate the other religions that disagree with theirs to the point of vengeance and murder. If people worship, serve a hateful god (satan) they will act just like them...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

You know guys. I don't understand why we have to have threads about this at all in this forum? We are supposed to keep ourselves clean and not be naive but also not be disturbed by the garbage in this system. So why start a thread about this type of thing at all? Its disgusting.  

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

1 hour ago, Greg Dent said:

So why start a thread about this type of thing at all? Its disgusting.  

I agree it is a very disgusting issue to be discussing. However, as disgusting as the practice is in and of itself, it is not that we are going into direct or graphic details. As far as witnesses discussing what is occurring in the last days, we regularly are informed about these and other bad practices from talks and in our publications. The aim here is not to delve too much unnecessarily but to be informed, and alert.

It's fine to skip the threads that are not for you, Greg. This forum accommodates many differing viewpoints, so long as we uphold Jehovah’s right standards. I don’t think there is a problem here, but will monitor it as with any threads.

On 22.4.2018 at 4:09 AM, Greg Dent said:

You know guys. I don't understand why we have to have threads about this at all in this forum? We are supposed to keep ourselves clean and not be naive but also not be disturbed by the garbage in this system. So why start a thread about this type of thing at all? Its disgusting.  

There is no biblical reason not to be informed about what is happening in the world, and I think it is up to the individual to decide whether he wants to observe the secular news or not. This part of the forum pertains to secular news sources and global developments. The intent of my thread was to point out a new aspect of the "waters of the Euphrates" receding i. e. the destruction of Babylon the Great. It's not like I was making a joke with a sexual innuendo or anything.

On 22/04/2018 at 3:09 AM, Greg Dent said:

I think the OP was asking about why it "seems" that only Chrisendom has issues with child abuse and not other religions, but then answering that, as opposed to just bringing about the subject for no reason or to discuss "shock" about the subject.

2 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I think the OP was asking about why it "seems" that only Chrisendom has issues with child abuse and not other religions, but then answering that

I thought that way too.  Which is why I diverted a bit to bring out that the Jewish religion also has unscrupulous people in power abusing their position for sexual abuse.  Because it is all over the news, people's reaction to this is galvanising their hatred of all religion - since they are all tarred with the one brush, not just Christendom.

2 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I think the OP was asking about why it "seems" that only Chrisendom has issues with child abuse and not other religions, but then answering that, as opposed to just bringing about the subject for no reason or to discuss "shock" about the subject.

The simple answer is that the OP lives in a nation that was traditionally Christian, and is a democratic nation with a free press.  The low hanging fruit is to report the sins of Christendom.  It's the religious element with the broadest reach and longest history in the nation. 

In contrast Islam is centered in dictatorial lands of one form or another and those lands lack a free press.  Further, the citizens of those lands are so indoctrinated, controlled or live in such fear that they actively suppress the sins of Islam.  It is therefore much more difficult to find reliable sources or evidence of such crimes. 

Plus, as I pointed out, some of the crimes are not viewed as crimes in those lands. They are applauded and promoted as perfectly acceptable like child brides or female circumcision. 

I still have to point out that the bible says to think on things that are upbuilding and whatever is chaste whatever is lovable. Not these disgusting things. Posting about them here just brings satans thoughts into this board. To some this could be very bothersome. It bothers me because I have a wife that was abused and cousins that were abused. 

Even just seeing headlines like this makes me mad so I avoid it. I don't understand why anyone would go searching for these news items online. That is sick.

Edited by Greg Dent

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Totally understand that it upsets you, Greg, and more so because of your family's situation.  It upsets me also that these disgusting things are happening, regularly reported on the news, something I too can't abide watching cause it makes me dry wretch.  And yet, is this any different with say, the post about the latest van hitting pedestrians in Toronto?  Absolutely sickening crime happening with satanic backing unfortunately becoming all too common now.

My point is, reporting this sort of news is valid, but not the graphic sensationalising of it.  We are commenting on how this abhorrent violence on children is more than just a problem in Christendom.  Similarly, the Canadian van incident is probably not an ISIS attack, as more and more evil people are perpetrating violence like this on an unheard scale - it isn't just ISIS.  Child abuse isn't just in Christendom.  This is an all-religion phenomenon, and adds to the collective disgust the world feels towards religions.