JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sexual abuse in Islam

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2191 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

And now for something completely different.

Today, I pondered upon the question why sexual abuse in the Churches is such a huge, worldwide problem, and why it seems almost exclusive to Christendom as opposed to other religions. A lot of Muslims critize Christianity because of the depths of sexual immorality in cultures of so-called "Christian countries" and the Church, often while defending their (false) prophets decision to marry a 6-year-old girl, "consummating" the marriage when she was only nine.

I ponderd upon the question why you never hear anything about systematic sexual abuse and systematic hushing up of sexual abuse in Islam, especially since child brides are not uncommon in many Muslim cultures and even homosexual child abuse is deeply rooted in some Muslim cultures like Pakistan or Afghanistan. The same culture of trust that you have in the Church with choir-boys and acolytes etc., why don't you seem to have that in Madrasas (Quran-schools) or Mosques?

Well, after briefly researching, it turns out there may be a bigger problem than we all think, and that it is slowly coming to light.

WARNING! Some of the content that can be read in the following articles is really disturbing.

Sexual abuse is pervasive in Islamic schools in Pakistan

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/sexual-abuse-is-pervasive-in-islamic-schools-in-pakistan/article20609884.ece

Sexual abuse is a pervasive and longstanding problem at madrassas in Pakistan, an AP investigation has found, from the sunbaked mud villages deep in its rural areas to the heart of its teeming cities. But in a culture where clerics are powerful and sexual abuse is a taboo subject, it is seldom discussed or even acknowledged in public.

Madrassa memories: Why child sex abuse has no religion

https://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/random-harvest/madrassa-scandal-why-child-sex-abuse-has-no-religion/

Last Sunday VP Rajeena, a journalist in Kozhikode, Kerala, put up a Facebook post where she described the sexual abuse of children that she had witnessed in a madrassa where she had studied many years ago.

[...]

Online lynch mobs quickly gathered around and rained invectives on her because it was felt that by turning the spotlight on the evil of child sex abuse in a madrassa, which is an Islamic school, she was trying to discredit the schools, and by extension, the religion itself.

Child abuse claims at UK madrassas 'tip of iceberg'

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-15256764

BBC Radio 4's File on 4 asked more than 200 local authorities in England, Scotland and Wales how many allegations of physical and sexual abuse had come to light in the past three years.Image caption Mohammed Hanif Khan was "treated like a god" by boys in his careOne hundred and ninety-one of them agreed to provide information, disclosing a total of 421 cases of physical abuse. But only 10 of those cases went to court, and the BBC was only able to identify two that led to convictions.

As a Muslim woman, it’s my duty to speak out about the sexual abuse I survived as a child

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/sexual-abuse-metoo-muslim-woman-its-my-duty-to-speak-out-a8094796.html

From the outside, this man appears to the world as someone who cares about women. He is the director of a Muslim charity whose aim it is to improve lives, but they don’t know how he destroyed mine.
[...]
We have talked about the abuse in the Roman Catholic Church for decades, now we Muslims need to talk about this on our own doorsteps.

Considering that it was a taboo subject to talk about sexual abuse in Catholic countries for decades, but that it is openly being talked about today even in a country like Ireland, this begs the question: how much sexual abuse goes on in Islamic culture and religion that is not openly talked about. How many broken children, outwardly showing themselves perhaps as tough, strong individuals, are terrible hurt and humiliated on the inside, with nobody to talk to (yet) about what happened to them as children? How long until all this comes to light as the waters of Euphrates continue to recede? Could this be very, very relevant to the destruction of Babylon the Great?

Considering the fact that the rebellious angels started with unnatural sexual desires, it's no surprise that the demon inspired world focuses on sexual perversion and abuse. Its only going to get worse. 

(I will not be offended by  'Angry" and 'Dislike' responses) 

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Let's not forget these non-Christian religions condone/promote female circumcision (which is a fancy way of saying genital mutilation) and the honor killing/putting to death female rape victims and the marrying of child-brides.

Such cultures are not going to be as forthcoming in sharing or revealing their dirty laundry.  Especially when they disagree on what constitutes dirty laundry.

Good find there, Ruben!  

Edited by Shawnster

41 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

(I will not be offended by  'Angry" and 'Dislike' responses) 

You took my idea of saying the same thing. 😁😁😁😁😁

But I don’t wanna be the first. :lol1:

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Not to go away from this topic on Muslims hiding sexual abuse, but also the Jewish system has been scandalised. A head mistress of an exclusive Jewish school for girls also sexually assaulted students for many years. She was recently found out and fled to Israel from Australia. She is in the process of being extradited.. All religions are besmirched by this horrific practice.

7 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

very, very relevant to the destruction of Babylon the Great

I conquer. The world is slowly gaining reasons to hate religion. I can only wonder what the next hot button issue with religion will be (I can hardly imagine any more - Political meddling, inciting violence, child abuse, money scams, lies)

1 hour ago, 1MKnight said:

I conquer. The world is slowly gaining reasons to hate religion. I can only wonder what the next hot button issue with religion will be (I can hardly imagine any more - Political meddling, inciting violence, child abuse, money scams, lies)

It's hard to imagine what could happen that would cause the UN to turn on all religion. I wonder if the attack will start with Catholicism and expand from there.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

They already hate religion because of this big issue. The only thing they forget that this is a huge problem of mankind at this time. Religion only creates a framework.

Religion got a real issue, and that's hate against other beliefs that lead to wars and fights. 

Religion is the big bottleneck for world peace. That's why the UN already hates the holy seat at the UN. They already try to kick the Vatican out, but that led out negative at votes because many got scared of the power of the Vatican. 

But there are so many things to find against religion nowadays that it will happen very soon. The UN hasn't stopped breathing on a plan to kick the Vatican out for already years now...

11 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Today, I pondered upon the question why sexual abuse in the Churches is such a huge, worldwide problem, and why it seems almost exclusive to Christendom as opposed to other religions.

It would seem that you have not yet been to a Buddhist country then. This kind of problem is very common in Buddhist monasteries.

5 hours ago, skipdaflip said:

many got scared of the power of the Vatican.

I did not think they still had that much power. I thought such fear of the Vatican and other churches died after the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Funny though, Jesus said his followers would be known for their "love", not fear inducing or "power". Shows who's behind that.

14 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Let's not forget these non-Christian religions condone/promote female circumcision (which is a fancy way of saying genital mutilation) and the honor killing/putting to death female rape victims and the marrying of child-brides.

Such cultures are not going to be as forthcoming in sharing or revealing their dirty laundry.  Especially when they disagree on what constitutes dirty laundry.

Makes me think of Canaan and their similar practices. People try to point the finger at the Hebrews in the Bible for being like Islamic terrorists (religious wars), but the people who Israel fought "were" those types of people. The Canaanites were very much akin to modern day ISIS and Al Qaeda. You might say in the world climate back then, Israel as God's chosen nation were like how the United Nations/US & UK are today in fighting terrorists. The only difference being that we know the Hebrews had 0 hidden motives and were not under the power of Satan in some confusing world mess, but really were being the "heroes" of the Middle East, putting a stop to these groups and nations purely because of their evil, a claim which is only a front when it comes to modern day nations in many cases. Many back door deals going on today in war.

Edited by EccentricM

1 hour ago, EccentricM said:

I did not think they still had that much power. I thought such fear of the Vatican and other churches died after the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Funny though, Jesus said his followers would be known for their "love", not fear inducing or "power". Shows who's behind that.

I placed the documentary in another threat. Until today the UN still wants to get rid of the holy seat. They're just waiting for the right moment. And this moments is any moment now. 

59 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I thought maybe this was a term that I wasn't familiar with so I searched the web but...  Do you maybe mean the Holy See?

According to Wikipedia, the Holy See seems to have a seat at the UN and has used their vote against nuclear weapons.

Edited by Tortuga

I always thought that Christendom meant false Christian religions, but a brother told me that my understanding was wrong, that Christendom encompassed all false religions.. Now that I see this, I'm wondering again. Can anyone clarify? 

18 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

why it seems almost exclusive to Christendom as opposed to other religions

This whole thing with children absolutely turns my stomach. I feel disgust beyond words, can't imagine how Jehovah must feel. 

18 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Muslims critize Christianity

Many in the world do too. It puts people off learning from the Bible. But people need to come to learn it is not Christianity that is repsonsible, but individuals and institutions which are acting very "un"christian.

1 hour ago, EccentricM said:

Many in the world do too. It puts people off learning from the Bible. But people need to come to learn it is not Christianity that is repsonsible, but individuals and institutions which are acting very "un"christian.

It's unbelievable how many beliefs in false religion contradict the true teachings of the Bible..trinity, war, almost everything that goes on and people still think their religions are Christian and still call themselves Christian..and when something bad happens they blame God..never the consequences of their un-Christian conduct and false religions..nothing has changed since the beginning..just gotten worse..and they can't see it..

of course, we know why..

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

2 hours ago, Saffron said:

I always thought that Christendom meant false Christian religions, but a brother told me that my understanding was wrong, that Christendom encompassed all false religions.. Now that I see this, I'm wondering again. Can anyone clarify? 

Where did that information come from?  Perhaps there was a miscommunication or misunderstanding.

Definition of Christendom
1 : christianity 
2 : the part of the world in which Christianity prevails

We have consistently referred to Christendom as the nations and religions that profess a faith in Jesus Christ.

*** dx86-17 Christendom ***
CHRISTENDOM

(See also Apostolic Fathers; Churches; Church Fathers; Clergy; Eastern Orthodox Church; Ecumenical Movement; Evangelists; Interfaith; Priests; Protestantism; Reformation; Sunday Schools; denominations by name)

Perhaps the brother meant Babylon the Great.  Christendom is part of Babylon the Great, along with all the other religions.  But Christendom itself, by definition, is only the lands and religions that claim to believe in or follow Christ.

15 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Where did that information come from?  Perhaps there was a miscommunication or misunderstanding.

I was actually talking to an elder and his wife about a talk that I heard..  Babylon the Great would be destroyed, but the talk brought out that Christendom would go down first, which was news to me at that time. In my mind, that meant that the false Christian churches would get hit first, followed by these other religions. 

So anyway, as I was chatting about all of this, they both looked at me in a puzzled way, then informed me that when the society referred to Christendom, they meant all false religion. I said "Oh, sorry. I always thought Christendom meant false Christians." They smiled and said no. 

So for years now I have trying to make their definition fit into whatever I was reading or listening to, which sometimes has been difficult. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

I just read of the rape and murder of an 8 yo in India. I was hesitant to post it because of the graphics and brutality with which they treated her, but the article stated that it was religious -based and fueled by the hatred between the Muslims and the Hindus there...

How can they do these things and still say their religion is from a loving God..:(

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

5 hours ago, Dove said:

the Hindus there...

How can they do these things and still say their religion is from a loving God.

I'm not sure if Hindus actually make that claim. I do know they have thousands of different gods and they call on different ones for different things. (similar to Catholic saints; "patron saint of ____ ")

On 20.4.2018 at 8:40 AM, skipdaflip said:

But there are so many things to find against religion nowadays that it will happen very soon. The UN hasn't stopped breathing on a plan to kick the Vatican out for already years now...

Yes, this is all pertaining to Christendom, though. Islam still has a lot of countries and cultures in its stranglehold with no immediate signs of an imminent collapse, but if you look closely, you can see the cracks in the fassade.

On 20.4.2018 at 9:49 AM, Bjern said:

It would seem that you have not yet been to a Buddhist country then. This kind of problem is very common in Buddhist monasteries.

No, I haven't, but the Western media is absolutely silent about such issues as well. I would expect this type of problem to be common in any institutions where children are placed in the trust of adults without any proper supervision. The thing is that the scandals in the Church are being dissected while other religions haven't been targeted yet.

20 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Makes me think of Canaan and their similar practices. People try to point the finger at the Hebrews in the Bible for being like Islamic terrorists (religious wars), but the people who Israel fought "were" those types of people. The Canaanites were very much akin to modern day ISIS and Al Qaeda. You might say in the world climate back then, Israel as God's chosen nation were like how the United Nations/US & UK are today in fighting terrorists. The only difference being that we know the Hebrews had 0 hidden motives

Exactly, any "humanitarian" engagements in the Middle East are mostly about getting resources out the country. Jehovah demanded from the Israelites to devote the resources of the conquered Canaanite cities to destruction.

Beyond that, your comment reminded me of the self-flagellation with blades during the "Muharram Processions" in Shiite Islam.

Matam

The Arabic term matam refers in general to an act or gesture of mourning; in Shia Islam the term designates acts of lamentation for the martyrs of Karbala.Male and female participants congregate in public for ceremonial chest beating (matam) as a display of their devotion to Imam Husayn and in remembrance of his suffering. In some Shi'a societies, such as those in Bahrain, Pakistan, India, Afghanistan and Iraq, male participants may incorporate knives or razors swung upon chains into their matam. There are two basic forms of matam:

• matam using one's hands only, that is, sineh-zani or breast-beating
  • matam with implements like chains, knives, swords and blades, that is, zanjeer-zani, qama-zani, etc

Source: wikipedia

‘You must not make cuts in your flesh for a dead person

Leviticus 19:28

Also, the strapping of suicide vests on children and sending them to kill their enemies in the name of Allah is reminiscent of Canaanite child sacrifices to their bloodthirsty gods.

When it comes to the question on how this disgusting pedophile influence made it into Christendom's Churches, I would suspect it was a cultural influence (beyond the general Satanic influence, obviously) that dates back to the Greeks and Romans for one thing, but I also think that the hierarchies of power within false religion in general also play a role. Not to mention that there have always existed up to this day secret societies and circles within the Church with very sinister motives. In any case, it's obvious that for one thing, Satan loves to see helpless innocents suffer at the hand of power-mongering elites and that for another, he uses this to draw away people from ALL religions, and hence, also the Truth and the Way, Jesus and Jehovah.