JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wedge pillow

Does anyone here use a wedge or incline pillow? Does it help you sleep better?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I find sleeping in my recliner for half the nite (or sometimes all nite) helps me sleep better - however, it does not make my feet and legs feel as good as sleeping in the bed does.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I got one for my husband because sometimes he struggles to breathe/snores, but he couldn't sleep with it. It might have been too high, I think it was 12". It was uncomfortable to sleep on his side so we ended up returning it. They sell lower ones, we might give that a try. 

Edited by boodles

1 hour ago, boodles said:

I got one for my husband because sometimes he struggles to breathe/snores, but he couldn't sleep with it. It might have been too high, I think it was 12". It was uncomfortable to sleep on his side so we ended up returning it. They sell lower ones, we might give that a try. 

I recently bought a 7 inch and I like it so far.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

43 minutes ago, GrumpysWife said:

Leslie, pickle juice or yellow mustard work great for restless legs. Seriously they work. 

Do you eat, drink it or rub it on?

2 hours ago, GrumpysWife said:

Leslie, pickle juice or yellow mustard work great for restless legs. Seriously they work. 

My wife tried that,.. but after I took a bite of her leg in my sleep she quit. :whistling::eat::lol1::lol2:

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

1 teaspoon of mustard or 1 shot glass of pickle juice. I keep my pickle handy in the fridge at all times because I have suffered so much with restless legs and muscle spasms. The mustard packets from burger shops are good to keep in your handbag for emergencies. 

Edited by GrumpysWife

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Have you ever tried Bed Soap, a bar of soap under the bottom sheet to stop muscle cramps and restless legs...many people swear by it..seriously..

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I've heard about the  bed soap but have never tried it. I was on muscle relaxers but got scared because your heart is also a muscle and my heart beat is slow enough. A friend died because of taking them. For me the pickle juice & mustard have given me relief. 

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

23 hours ago, Dove said:

Have you ever tried Bed Soap, a bar of soap under the bottom sheet to stop muscle cramps and restless legs...many people swear by it..seriously..

My sister tried this and said it worked for her!  I can not figure out why it would and then someone told her JW’s should not do this because it was superstitious or something like that.  I would ask her but sadly she has since been DF’ed...

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

18 hours ago, LeslieDean said:

My sister tried this and said it worked for her!  I can not figure out why it would and then someone told her JW’s should not do this because it was superstitious or something like that.  I would ask her but sadly she has since been DF’ed...

Hi Leslie,  I have to say that when I first heard about this my thoughts were of hocus-pocus & voodoo :) but not superstition, more like gullibility. But after reading the many reviews by ones that said it worked for them, I thought it couldn't hurt to try. It was affordable, easy and within reach. Plus when you're suffering with this condition you're willing to try anything within reason.

The first experience I had was positive; it did help for weeks but then slowly helped less. I don't have the answer to that but there are several explanations on the Internet.

After a long while, I tried it again and again am having positive results.

But something I think is important to consider also in why the RLS is worse or better at times is what we ate or drank that day. I believe our diet on a day to day basis affects our thoughts and feelings, physically and emotionally. More so as we get older. Of course, stress and lifestyle too but sometimes they are not under our control.

But what we put into our mouths usually is.

They say that what we eat today if how we feel tomorrow.

If I eat things that were not so healthy the RLS is always worse. 

I use Ivory; I read it contains magnesium but probably so little it isn't the reason. I don't think the brand seems to matter either as many use various brands that work for them.

Vernalee's idea for the mustard and pickle juice is good too. They both contain vinegar which could affect the PH in the blood although I think RLS is a neurological disorder. But ACV is good to take at night for muscle cramps, etc..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I noted an earlier topic on the forum that magnesium helps prevent leg muscle spasms. For my wife and I, the effect was immediate and neither of us has had cramping leg muscles except for one time we ran out and figured we could wait a week to get more. Ouch! made a special trip to get more, pose haste.

400 mg magnesium capsules at breakfast,   "Oh what a relief it is!" :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.