JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Happy Ending Thread

This story from Brisbane this week could have had a very sad ending.  Yes, these things do happen in nature, but just for once, don't you wish for a happy ending? The pictures in the article say it all.

~Enjoy~

Python picks on wrong possum after mother scratches, bites snake to free its baby

possum.jpg.f5cc53f8d92ef6094e01609821aae18f.jpg

"That said a mother's instinct is very strong, so it's not unusual for a mother to do whatever necessary to protect her young, which is what the possum is doing in this instance."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-04/python-fights-possum-mother-freeing-baby-from-snake/9726566

Happiness is perspective. I doubt the snake was happy. 

Why are you happy for the furry creature instead of the scaly one?

:whistling: 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

23 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Happiness is perspective. I doubt the snake was happy. 

Why are you happy for the furry creature instead of the scaly one?

:whistling: 

Because the snake was the aggressor...and their strengths were not equal...

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

2 minutes ago, Precision said:

The last picture says it all..."and they ran off into the night." 

It looks like they plan to attack the garden hose just in case....:lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

18 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Because I'm a mum? :D

I wonder if the snake was a hungry mum...:)

32 minutes ago, Dove said:

Because the snake was the aggressor...and their strengths were not equal...

Does that mean I have to stop eating bacon? :scared:

31 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Does that mean I have to stop eating bacon? :scared:

Please yourself..:)

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

28 minutes ago, Adelin said:

because i hate snakes

I hope everyone realizes that I was just teasing but I do find our reactions to nature very interesting.  I think most people hate snakes and this was a happy ending for the baby possum but what if it was a rat instead of a possum? Would we feel the same way?

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I hope everyone realizes that I was just teasing but I do find our reactions to nature very interesting.  I think most people hate snakes and this was a happy ending for the baby possum but what if it was a rat instead of a possum? Would we feel the same way?

I think I still would for the same reasons...the prey is not out to hurt the predator..but that is Nature's way -_-

Hate, hate snakes. Got get ‘em possum and rat and any other creatures. 

Take THAT you ugly snake 🐍 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

I would have to say that, had they been outside our house - both the snake and the possums would have probably ended up on the business end of a shotgun - hey ...... just sayin'

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Well, since, where we live, both the snakes and the possums are considered "varmints" (you know, they are both pests that can pose problems to animals and property) - I guess eliminating them both at once would, indeed, be a happy ending.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

But possums are cute! And snakes are ugly.  You can't shoot at any of them here anyway, cause they're both protected (that, and it's illegal to have a gun). 

Happy ending!

Note, the opossum you would be killing is another species altogether from the Australian possum.

possum-opossum.jpg.70833e28db19e22b0c393b659c52e813.jpg