JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Kilaua has an dangerous thing happening.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1934 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

He does reference USGS and HVO center with proof positive something else is driving the eruptions and it could trigger a mega tsunami with a wave over 1000 ft. Imagine what that would do to life on that side of the planet. There is science in the video that is published so no need to move this to spec area. Please watch the video. If you are any where near that side of the island get out of there now. When it does slump it could be too late.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Our internet is too weak to watch this entirely. Looks dire. I wonder if there is any place on this earth that doesn’t look, “dire”. We need not invite the consequences. I’d get out while the getting was good. 

As beautiful as these island are, how did they come into being? Albeit, no research here, but I’d venture to guess volcanoes had to do with it. 

Heres my dream. That it was still inhabited by native Hawaiians who somewhat understood the comings and goings of their home. And, a rural, native people. Not densely inhabited. Instead real estate is so expensive that they are almost put aside by not being able to afford to live in their homeland. 

I went there for the clinic some years ago. Multiple generations of natives live in single homes. And, on the beach. It’s just messed up. No real answers, but for Jehovah’s Kingdom! 

In the meantime...pay attention to that earth under your feet. Flee. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

He did reference several times that a megatsunami happened before because there is "evidence" of it - he dates the evidence prior to the flood of Noah's day. He gives no credit that this "evidence" could be the result of the Flood.

He does make some interesting points - but, I get the impression he is just looking for recognition with a "sensational" report on this event.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Well, having not been able to see the video...Makes me think of the, “super volcano”, In Yellowstone. 

All kinds of possibilities. Alas, the earth shall go on. Perhaps with a bruise or two, but it’s foundations are secure! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I don't think he is sensationalising anything he showed proof the slide had happened before. In the early 1900's. It due again I would say. He showed proof it could happen that is a warning that many civilisations have ignored when they had empirical evidence. We are not that foolish. 

2 hours ago, Greg Dent said:

I don't think he is sensationalising anything he showed proof the slide had happened before.

Other videos on the internet, propose occurrence of the collapse roughly every 200.000 years.

Interesting video nonetheless.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I want think that the guy in the video is a crazy doomer,, but he maybe right on this one. It is an unstable slip area and and huge sudden surge is possible, but unlikely at this time. Not enough energy in the system for it break free of the underwater bench holding it back. But if there is a large enough earthquake, that could supply enough energy for the slump to surge over or through the bench. The sudden movement of that much land into sea, would indeed cause a mega tsunami across probably the entire Pacific Ocean. But barring a large earthquake, this shouldn't happen. While many things will happen or may, there are also many that never will. Yellowstone will never have a super eruption, Califorina will never fall into the sea, nor will the Hawinian islands. Hopefully this slip area will not surge due a massive earthquake and it will never happen. If you live in the area, my recommendation would be to pack your go bags, fill up the car's gas tank and keep an eye on the news, just in case. 

44 minutes ago, Wm-Scott said:

I want think that the guy in the video is a crazy doomer,, but he maybe right on this one. It is an unstable slip area and and huge sudden surge is possible, but unlikely at this time. Not enough energy in the system for it break free of the underwater bench holding it back. But if there is a large enough earthquake, that could supply enough energy for the slump to surge over or through the bench. The sudden movement of that much land into sea, would indeed cause a mega tsunami across probably the entire Pacific Ocean. But barring a large earthquake, this shouldn't happen. While many things will happen or may, there are also many that never will. Yellowstone will never have a super eruption, Califorina will never fall into the sea, nor will the Hawinian islands. Hopefully this slip area will not surge due a massive earthquake and it will never happen. If you live in the area, my recommendation would be to pack your go bags, fill up the car's gas tank and keep an eye on the news, just in case. 

I believe he used the big earthquake as the basis for his theory.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

It seems to me that getting a big quake is unlikely if not highly improbable since the magma has already broken through. Further fissuring will probably occur but the fissures that have already openned have not caused any large earthquakes, so I would not expect any big quakes from future one. The only thing that would worry me is if and when the volcano should really open up full throttle with a large magma ejection from the top of the mountain. That much flow could shake things up, but is not typical of Hawian volcanic activity, which are not associated with large volcanic caused quakes.

That is just silly the fissures opened up because of a geological event not volcanic. He showed that and explained why. No volcano will make the number of fissures that island is seeing. A lower level of vents sure fissures like that I seriously doubt it. The amount the slide has moved in the last 50 years is incredible and is poof that this slide is ready to move a lot. When it does it will kill and cause a majour tsunami. He may have over blown the height of that tsunami but it still warrants extreme caution when dealing with this volcano. To say it means nothing is just plain foolishness. That is one thing we are not in this organization. Foolishness belongs to the world not us.

15 hours ago, Greg Dent said:

That is just silly the fissures opened up because of a geological event not volcanic. He showed that and explained why. No volcano will make the number of fissures that island is seeing. A lower level of vents sure fissures like that I seriously doubt it. The amount the slide has moved in the last 50 years is incredible and is poof that this slide is ready to move a lot. When it does it will kill and cause a majour tsunami. He may have over blown the height of that tsunami but it still warrants extreme caution when dealing with this volcano. To say it means nothing is just plain foolishness. That is one thing we are not in this organization. Foolishness belongs to the world not us.

The fissures opened up most likely due to the pressure of the magma uplifting and splitting the rock above. Fissures are found with many volcanoes that have no slump areas. The fellow in the video is not a geologist and certainly not a volcanologist. As Witnesses we heed warnings. In this case, there have been no warnings given by reliable sources about the slump area sliding into the sea.  While I would be alert to the possibility and recommend being ready to flee on a moments notice, a massive landslide event is not highly probable at this time, or warnings would have already been announced.  The video is from a "doomer" site that makes money by selling doom. Some people like to be frightened and this kind of fear propaganda of exaggerated dangers appeals to them. The site is not a reliable source for accurate information, the sites that are, are not warning about this possibility at this time.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/963959/hawaii-volcano-update-lava-bombs-sea-toxic-gas-kilauea-latest

"The island is also facing the frightening threat to the Puna Geothermal Venture plant, which stores the highly flammable chemical pentane - 227,000 litres of which have already been moved from harm’s way. 

The plant has wells which run thousands of metres underground to tap into extremely hot water and steam, used to run turbines and produce electricity - if the lava hits these pressurised wells there would be an uncontrolled release of toxic gasses."

No wonder Kilauea is spewing.  Why would anyone think that drilling "thousands of metres" into a volcano would have zero reaction?  They keep pokin' at it, and pokin' at it and wonder why.  I think the friends should get their go bags and ....GO!

Edited by alohapaulette

That is the same site he was talking about in his video. 

Edited by Greg Dent

"Geologic records show that about 110,000 years ago, long before any of the adventurous Polynesian seafarers had reached the island chain, Hawaii was rocked by such a slump and engulfed in the resulting huge tsunami. However, a repeat of such a rare catastrophic event is highly unlikely and it may take many millennia for it to occur.(hra155)"

"highly unlikely and it may take many millennia for it to occur" is the scientific expert's opinion on a catastrophic slump event. According to the best that human science can do, there will not be a runaway slump event. While it pays to be cautious, at this time there appears to be very close to zero risk of such an event. 

So it happened a millennia ago and would take a millennia to happen again? Isn't that now? :eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Given the fact the area has moved over 20 feet in the last 100 years I would say so. It doesn't seem to be slowing down either. Tremors keep happening and the whole area has been turned into a wasteland. Even if it doesn't slump off into the see it will be unusable for the rest of this system.

Here is an update as of today the 29th about what is going on. Lots of damage volcanic glass ash rocks falling trade winds are starting to pick up. 

Edited by Greg Dent

Reeters is reporting a new evac having 24 hours to leave the area in and around liani I think its spelled or be subject to arrest. Here is the article.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-hawaii-volcano/mandatory-evacuation-ordered-as-hawaii-eruption-hits-four-week-mark-idUSKCN1IX3D8

• 6 months later...

I found this interesting:

... Kilauea’s eruption took a very sudden and surprising turn back in May when new eruptive vents began appearing in Leilani Estates.  It was one of the volcanoes most destructive episodes ever.  700 homes were destroyed in that time and 12 miles of ground covered.  And while it was unfortunate for those impacted by the eruption, it sure was an awe-inspiring sight for everyone else.  But as soon as the eruption began, it came to an end.  Seemingly overnight, activity at the vents went quiet and all traces of lava or magma disappeared.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Dutchsinse/Michael Janitch says that so much of the volcano's inner walls collapsed that the vent has been stopped up.  When the pressure builds back up, the vent will blast all of the debris up out of the crater.

He feels that, until that vent blast occurs, the volcano remains extremely dangerous and the public should be kept out of the area.  He is keeping a close eye on all the micro-quakes.  A sudden increase in size and numbers could signal the vent event is getting ready to happen.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif