JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Editor in post

What happened to the Editor that used to be in the menu where you type a post? When I try to type in a new space there is already writing in there from another time and I can't delete it..the Editor used to erase it but I can't find it..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I have to hold my phone horizontally

in order to get the clear your post thingy 

to work.  It isn't visible when my phone is vertical.

Whoah.  I just checked and it isn't there, period.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, carlos said:

Yes, the editor show more or less buttons depending on the screen width. If you are using a tablet or a phone, please try turning it horizontally.

I agree that that feature in the new software of saving incomplete posts is rather irritating.

It's my computer that is the problem...actually, since I wrote the question, I found an icon in the left corner like a square that when I click on that and then the old text it seems to work..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

6 hours ago, carlos said:

I agree that that feature in the new software of saving incomplete posts is rather irritating.

I like it. I write far more drafts than I post. I can always go back and find what I wrote, decide to change it or start again. If it is one I posted, one click clears the page. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

26 minutes ago, Old said:

I like it. I write far more drafts than I post. I can always go back and find what I wrote, decide to change it or start again. If it is one I posted, one click clears the page. :)

Where do you click to clear it. Is it different on different devices or in different browsers because some say it’s there but it isn’t here..

I use a PC for most of my posts. Ipad and android seem less user friendly to me. On my Ipad many of the functions I use  are missing or have a different name/function.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On my PC there are several icons across the top bar of the posting/editing window.

There are:

• four on the left ( B  I  U  S ) for Bold, Italics, Underline and Strikethrough
  • Next, there are seven - they are for links, quotes, code, emoji, spoiler, bullet list, numbered list
  • the next five are increase indent, decrease indent, align left, justify, center, align right
  • the next six are text color, background color, font size, font, remove format, preview
  • the last one on the right looks like a blank sheet of paper with a corner missing - it is "New Page" - this is the one that clears the editor window :yes:

I cannot say all these are on all editors - but, it is what is on my editor

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

9 minutes ago, Qapla said:

On my PC there are several icons across the top bar of the posting/editing window.

There are:

• four on the left ( B  I  U  S ) for Bold, Italics, Underline and Strikethrough
  • Next, there are seven - they are for links, quotes, code, emoji, spoiler, bullet list, numbered list
  • the next five are increase indent, decrease indent, align left, justify, center, align right
  • the next six are text color, background color, font size, font, remove format, preview
  • the last one on the right looks like a blank sheet of paper with a corner missing - it is "New Page" - this is the one that clears the editor window :yes:

I cannot say all these are on all editors - but, it is what is on my editor

Qapla, thank you for listing all the icons on your editor. I double-checked my PC, IPad(s), and IPhone and all have all the same except the last one, the New Page. I do remember it being there at one time .. 

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Just so you can see what the icons look like

image.thumb.png.2986e889615e73dc8741986e5f567bdc.png

I think I even remember that there was writing at the bottom of the posting area that said. Clear Editor ..does anyone recall that?

Edited by Dove

I will type something and see if it is there now.

There is if you stop typing and leave the draft un-submitted.  When you return and click on the editor, the old draft appears and the choice to clear is there.  See the sample (in the black bar):

editor.JPG

Edited by jwhess

22 hours ago, Old said:

I use a PC for most of my posts. Ipad and android seem less user friendly to me. On my Ipad many of the functions I use  are missing or have a different name/function.

I too; when I use the iphone or ipad I can't use the Like feature..it works about half the time or less..

When I use the PC, when my mouse pointer goes over the reaction icon, after a moentary pause, the entire list pops up. All I have to do is click on the one I want. If I want to click on the default "thumbsup" all I have to do is click on it - I do not have to wait for the list to appear.

However, on my Android device(s), when I tap/click on the react icon, the list pops up and I have to click on the one I want. So, if I want to click on the default "thumbsup", I have to tap the thumb, then tap is again to select it.

So, what only takes a single click on the PC takes two taps on Android - at least for me, it does.

:thumbsup:

On 7/13/2018 at 11:48 PM, Dove said:

Qapla, thank you for listing all the icons on your editor. I double-checked my PC, IPad(s), and IPhone and all have all the same except the last one, the New Page. I do remember it being there at one time .. 

Sandra, can you please try zooming out a bit? In most mobile browsers you do it by pinching the screen with two fingers from the corners to the center.

The number of buttons in the editor depends on the screen size. If there's no room for them they won't appear. Maybe if you make the elements on screen a bit smaller there will be room for the Blank button.

Edited by carlos

17 hours ago, carlos said:

Sandra, can you please try zooming out a bit? In most mobile browsers you do it by pinching the screen with two fingers from the corners to the center.

The number of buttons in the editor depends on the screen size. If there's no room for them they won't appear. Maybe if you make the elements on screen a bit smaller there will be room for the Blank button.

Carlos, thanks for that suggestion, but I  don't think that's the problem because the icons or buttons in the editor only go half way across the page so there is plenty of room for one or several more. I took a screenshot of my phone to show you that visual but couldn't send it..

But it's the same thing on my 24" computer monitor with ample room..

What is even harder to delete at least for me, is when you Quote a post but then change your mind to respond to it.  Sometimes the quote will eventually go away sometimes not..

Sr. Sandra, I tried the editor on my Android phone (about a 5 inch display).  It only shows about 7 or 8 selections from the editor that I see on my desktop PC.

When I hold my phone in the vertical (portrait) mode the number of items displayed drops to about 5, even though there is a half-screen width available for more.  When I turn it to the horizontal (landscape) mode the extra icons pop-up.  But they are still less than on my desktop.

I tried it just now.

Of course, you can always highlight any text in the editor and delete it if there is no other way.

3 hours ago, jwhess said:

Sr. Sandra, I tried the editor on my Android phone (about a 5 inch display).  It only shows about 7 or 8 selections from the editor that I see on my desktop PC.

When I hold my phone in the vertical (portrait) mode the number of items displayed drops to about 5, even though there is a half-screen width available for more.  When I turn it to the horizontal (landscape) mode the extra icons pop-up.  But they are still less than on my desktop.

I tried it just now.

Br. John, I double checked and if I'm using Reply to Post, I have the Option Clear Editor. 

If I select Quote, Clear Editor is not there.

If I keep the phone vertical, I have 6 icons. If horizontal there are 9  but still not the Paper one that clears the editor nor Clear Editor..this is the iPhone. I think the Android has more features..