JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

75 Years After West Virginia V Barnett.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1925 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is the link to the preceding 2 hours with talks and interviews with our Brothers and sisters involved in the court case and the program. The brothers are from Warwick as well as the sister interviewing the actors in the actors and authors of short play both are witnesses)  about human rights issues face by Jehovahs Witnesses.  A very good program altogether. 

https://youtu.be/B2lo18RKV0k

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:55 PM, Hope said:

I listened to this twice. He appealed to the logic of his listeners, and really helped them to appreciate that for freedom to be enjoyed, you have to deal with the minor inconvenience of having a Witness knock on your door on a Saturday morning.

I also loved how he showed, from the Bible and the statement by Lillian Gobitis, that we are not enemies of the State and that we are loyal citizens of our countries up to the point of the State trying compel us to violate our beliefs.

Another point I loved was that he showed the FIRST cases of religious intolerance took place, ironically, in the United States in California of all places. Most people were probably unaware and/or shocked that Witnesses were first discriminated against in the US which lead to the very first court case we fought.  

There were many good points to be taken away from that presentation. But I think the point was that we are all enjoying freedoms, because Jehovah's Witnesses fought for theirs.

8 hours ago, Bob said:

There were many good points to be taken away from that presentation. But I think the point was that we are all enjoying freedoms, because Jehovah's Witnesses fought for theirs.

..... And that the battle continues to this day.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley