JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Did a Brisket for some Brothers visiting for the winter

16 hours ago, Hope said:

😮  That look delicious!!!

I didn't know anyone could be allergic to meat...?  :( 

A brother and his son in our congregation are both allergic to meat.

The son and his wife are in a Chinese congregation. People are shocked when a very Caucasian man speaks perfect Chinese...:) 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

When Mike told me that he was allergic to beef I thought he was joking, but he gets intense diarrhea and severe stomach cramping when he eats it. He was over in Afghanistan when he learned that he could eat goat instead and so when he came home he and his family started raising small little brown goats for meat. And I guess there's a lot of people, more than you would think, that are allergic to beef. I'm so glad I'm not!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

My yardman told me he can't eat red meat because he's allergic; reason he eats only venison..

They put so much stuff in their feed and give them so many antibiotics and other things that it's not surprising there would be something for some people to react to..

even the adrenalin that floods through their bodies when they sense their imminent death is in the meat..so many things for sensitive people to be affected by..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I agree with you. We get farm raised meats, humanely treated while growing and slaughtered. Plus no antibiotics or hormones. There are more and more farms doing this locally. The meat is so wonderful.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

6 hours ago, Dove said:

even the adrenalin that floods through their bodies when they sense their imminent death is in the meat.

Wouldn't this apply to the venison as well as any other animals, domestic or wild

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 10 months later...
Had a little welcoming party and decidiré to smoke a brisket. Come to found out one of the invited was allergic to meat. I know....Glad I also smoked some chicken. 

Gonna try to insert short vid

I have to smoke meat for a going away party for a Sister becoming a Bethel commuter in November... might do a turkey and or brisket..stay tuned...

4 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

I have to smoke meat for a going away party for a Sister becoming a Bethel commuter in November...emoji6.png might do a turkey and or brisket..stay tuned...

If you do both and you have a stackable smoker...put the turkey on the bottom. Hope it turns out juicy and awesome!