JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Increasing hemoglobin

Hello brothers and sisters....

As some of you may be aware....

I have low hemoglobin.

And because of anxiety and gastritis I am on homeopathy.

I want to increase my hemoglobin.

But my doctor says no to supplements.

So I am taking dried figs daily.

Any other suggestions you would like to make to increase my hb naturally. From foods I mean.

Ty.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

When my son was on chemo and it attacked his bloods including HB, the dr also said no to supplements. I researched and totally disagreed.
I put my son on folic acid, this helps with stem cell production. Stem cells can then become whatever your body needs. Its the basis of cell production.
Then we used Vit K injections.
That was more for platlets though.
Also daily juices. 2 times a day we would juice. 1 beetroot. Handful of spinach. 2 carrots and 3 apple.
We were able to keep his bloods fairly good right through. We did have to use EPO and Iron infusions when he went through .
But on the whole the drs were amazed he could keep them fair right through treatment.
Molasses also has the highest iron content of any food. So if you can stomach that, that would be good also. My son refused to eat that.

Anyway I hope that gives you a couple of ideas.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wonderful Fiona, wonderful

2 minutes ago, Fiona said:

When my son was on chemo and it attacked his bloods including HB, the dr also said no to supplements. I researched and totally disagreed.
I put my son on folic acid, this helps with stem cell production. Stem cells can then become whatever your body needs. Its the basis of cell production.
Then we used Vit K injections.
That was more for platlets though.
Also daily juices. 2 times a day we would juice. 1 beetroot. Handful of spinach. 2 carrots and 3 apple.
We were able to keep his bloods fairly good right through. We did have to use EPO and Iron infusions when he went through .
But on the whole the drs were amazed he could keep them fair right through treatment.
Molasses also has the highest iron content of any food. So if you can stomach that, that would be good also. My son refused to eat that.

Anyway I hope that gives you a couple of ideas.

Wonderful Fiona, wonderful. I concur.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

28 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Also liquid Chlorophyll.

I drink this almost every night before bed.

2 hours ago, dilip kumar said:

I want to increase my hemoglobin.

Beetroot is one of the best ways to increase haemoglobin levels dear brother ..drink beetroot fresh juice.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Beets, cooked beef or chicken liver,  (i like it alot of people don't). I've also heard that foods high in vitamin c and b can help your body create more hemoglobin.
Yes. They help absorb the iron.
If you think of your blood as little building blocks. One helps create another. So you need to have all the building blocks. Also Drs freak out once your HB dropps below 100 or 10 depending on what part of the world you are from. But in fact studies have proven we can do quite well on much lower. And it is individual. My son was very well even at 60 or 6. Once it went to 30. At stem cell transplant... and he needed oxygen. But then recovered quickly. So dont be too worried if your fairly well.

Yes, molasses are great to build up the iron..be sure they are the Blackstrap molasses, they have more iron than he regular ones..my friend mixes them with milk..a tablespoon daily with a glass of milk.
It is available in India on Amazon. But in the questions from buyers, one buyer asks him where we can add this with milk.?
And he answers NO.

2 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

I drink this almost every night before bed.

Beetroot is one of the best ways to increase haemoglobin levels dear brother ..drink beetroot fresh juice.

Yup to both. I also take Fulvic Acid and Olive leaf extract. 

Actually anything Dark Green or red. I've discovered I love red foods (that don't start with D) ... raspberries, beetroot, pommegranets, red apples - then the parsleys and celeries ... real good for the blood.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 hours ago, Stormswift said:

I've discovered I love red foods (that don't start with D)

Do you mean Dragonfruit? I don't know any unhealthy foods starting with letter D :whistling:

Hey, dilip Donuts ... please consider them ..

I mean DO nuts, sorry forgot the space :uhhuh: as nuts are very beneficial for blood cholesterol ..

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

10 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Also liquid Chlorophyll.

“. . .At that moment the word was fulfilled on Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar. He was driven away from mankind, and he began to eat vegetation just like bulls, and his body became wet with the dew of the heavens, until his hair grew long just like eagles’ feathers and his nails were like birds’ claws.” Daniel 4:33

Nebuchadnezzar did that for 7 years...:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

People say we are what we eat but in reality we are what we can absorb and because of your severe gut inflammation then you won't have been absorbing things very well for some time.  That is why the millet and pears as mentioned on your gastric page is so important first as that will help sooth and heal and then you will be able to introduce other foods carefully.

Papayas and mango are soothing to your gut and will also help you to absorb the iron rich foods.

Don't mix anything with milk because of your gut problem as the milk will turn to acid

Avoid beef and pork. 

Edited by Naturale

When my Mom broke her femur a couple of years back

her hemoglobin was so low, they wanted to transfuse her.

Someone on here mentioned that drinking beet juice is good for 

building red blood cells.   Can't hurt.  Unless you hate beet juice. ^_^

I tried it.  It's actually pretty tasty. :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

30 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Unless you hate beet juice^_^

I tried it.  It's actually pretty tasty. :D

Yup, you can't beet it...

(Sorry, one pun slipped out...)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Maybe beets can be beat, the following is true experience fro around 1964.

Brother Don B. in our congregation was crushed when a log loader fell on top of him. It took several hours to get him from the woods to the hospital in Coos Bay, during which time he almost bled out. He and his family refused blood. The doctors refused to operate until he had a survivable blood count. Of course blood transfusion was refused by the family. This was years prior to the HLC, there was no help out there.

In stepped his sister in law. She had read, possibly in Time Magazine, that an oral intake of pureed baby calf livers might restore his red count. There were a lot of dairies around Coos Bay. At that time dairies killed the male Holstein calves, there was no market for them. How she got the cooperation of the local farmers, I don't know, but she did, procuring fresh baby calf livers on a routine basis for several weeks. With permission from hospital staff she fed Don pureed baby calf liver several times a day, to the amazement of the hospital staff his blood count rapidly improved and some ten days or so after writing him off they operated. Don told me that the pureed livers didn't taste too bad until his blood count came up at which time he says it tasted so bad he could no longer swallow it. He did say a little Wochesterhire sauce helped immensely.

His sister in law died a couple of years ago, Don is still with us at 86.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

11 hours ago, dilip kumar said:

It is available in India on Amazon. But in the questions from buyers, one buyer asks him where we can add this with milk.?
And he answers NO.

There's no reason that milk and molasses can't be mixed.

43 minutes ago, Wanda Hill said:

There's no reason that milk and molasses can't be mixed.

Isn't a land flowing with milk and honey almost the same thing? :lol:

7 hours ago, Old said:

little Wochesterhire sauce helped immensely.

I use HP sauce myself. It contains Worcestershire.

B-12 injections help with low blood count.  Cyanocobalamin(e) 1000 mcg ( I use this daily for energy production ) or Hydroxocobalamin(e) - I use for brain toxicity chelation at 10000 mcg daily.

My count is usually in the + 15 d/l range ( 150 per litre )

You can get a natural form Methamphetamin(e) in sub lingual pills - not all are equal though. I don't have the enzymes in my mouth to dissolve and absorb this form.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: