JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Riddle

things have gone really wrong here.

My dear Grandmothers are dead.

not sure what happened it was the answer to my riddle. I put it under the eye somehow things didn't work out that way

ummmm. Are we supposed to write a riddle then give the answer under the eye or wait for someone to answer the riddle

but what if several people write riddles no one answers then someone answers:deadhorse::surrender: no one knows what answer goes with what riddle.

ahhhhI think this is a riddle

wasn't Catalyst supposed to answer my riddle before writing another one or am I supposed to give the answer underneath. The eye wasn't working oops:

things have gone really wrong here.

My dear Grandmothers are dead.

not sure what happened it was the answer to my riddle. I put it under the eye somehow things didn't work out that way

ummmm. Are we supposed to write a riddle then give the answer under the eye or wait for someone to answer the riddle

but what if several people write riddles no one answers then someone answers:deadhorse::surrender: no one knows what answer goes with what riddle.

ahhhhI think this is a riddle

wasn't Catalyst supposed to answer my riddle before writing another one or am I supposed to give the answer underneath. The eye wasn't working oops:

Things did get a bit messed up. I posted a riddle on July 26 and when no one gave a reply I bumped it to the top on Sept. 18. Clez posted a riddle on Sept. 19 without solving my riddle first. On Sept.19 Catalyst solved my riddle as was the correct thing to do. When a riddle is posted, that riddle should be solved before posting another. There should be only one unsolved riddle at a time. If you solve a riddle, then post another one.

All posted riddles are solved so someone needs to post another riddle.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

• 3 months later...

There is a house with all 4 sides facing south. If a bear walks past the house, what color would it be?

White.

Similar one: A crazy guy has a house with 4 sides facing North and a big bunch of birdies shuffle past what colour(s) would they be?

I'll go with the white and black penguin. the brown Skuas does not shuffle.

New:

Arnold Schwarzenegger has a big one

Michael j Fox has a small one

Madonna doesn't have one

the pope has one but he never uses it

Bill Clinton Has one and he uses it all the time!

What is it?...........( Keep it clean. )

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

There is a house with all 4 sides facing south. If a bear walks past the house, what color would it be?

White.

Similar one: A crazy guy has a house with 4 sides facing North and a big bunch of birdies shuffle past what colour(s) would they be?

Black and white.

Arnold Schwarzenegger has a big one

Michael j Fox has a small one

Madonna doesn't have one

the pope has one but he never uses it

Bill Clinton Has one and he uses it all the time!

What is it?...........( Keep it clean. )

? Last name

man goes to visit another man in prison

Warden asks relationship

'Brothers and sisters I have none, but this man's father is my father's son'

who am I?

He is referring/pointing to himself.

If he did not say the first sentence then it would be a brother, but he has none.

Really he has given no relationship to the man in prison and is being a bit cheeky to the Warden.

Another:

I left town on Friday and returned 3 days later on Friday. How could I truthfully do this?

I was riding a horse called Friday.

man goes to visit another man in prison

Warden asks relationship

'Brothers and sisters I have none, but this man's father is my father's son'

who am I?

He is referring/pointing to himself.

If he did not say the first sentence then it would be a brother, but he has none.

Really he has given no relationship to the man in prison and is being a bit cheeky to the Warden.

um....

try again

edit to fix quotes

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

2 elders working out field service groups.

1st elder says give me one of your brothers so I can have the same amount or brothers that you have.

2 elder says no, but give me one of your brothers so I can have twice the number of brother you have.

Question: How many brother do they each have?

HEY - 5 & 7

The first formula I was able to come up with:

x+1 = y-1

it was the second that took me TOO long

2(x-1) = y+1

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

You have 3 encyclopedia volumes in your bookshelf. Volume 1, Volume 2 and Volume 3.

Each volume is 12 cm thick. The pages are 10 cm thick, and the front and back covers are 1 cm each so that makes it 12 cm thick, right?

A bookwork has eaten from the inside of the front cover of volume 1 and has eaten all the way thru and stopped inside the back cover of volume 2.

Question: How many cm did the bookwork eat thru? :uhhuh:

You have 3 encyclopedia volumes in your bookshelf. Volume 1, Volume 2 and Volume 3.

Each volume is 12 cm thick. The pages are 10 cm thick, and the front and back covers are 1 cm each so that makes it 12 cm thick, right?

A bookwork has eaten from the inside of the front cover of volume 1 and has eaten all the way thru and stopped inside the back cover of volume 2.

24? (assuming the begining of front cover and end of back cover are still inside)

I am going with 23cm - book 1 is 12cm. If he ate FROM the front cover this means the books are backwards (right to left) Vol 3, Vol 2, Vol 1. and the back cover of 1 would be against the front cover of 2 - which is 12 cm (minus the 1cm for the cover he hasn't eaten yet)
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....