JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Insight on the Scriptures PDFs on jw.org

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1882 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

31 minutes ago, Brandon said:

This is the only (authorized) digital version which includes pictures and charts.

https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=it&fileformat=PDF&langwritten=E

apparently they've been there about 6 months. Did anyone else totally miss this?

Woah! :blink: Can you tell me if it's available in Spanish?

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

This is the only (authorized) digital version which includes pictures and charts.

apparently they've been there about 6 months. Did anyone else totally miss this?

Nice, I can add that to my hidden horde of spiritual food...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The link above does not show any download available.  When I go to JW.ORG and look up the Insight books under publications, it shows a designation for PDF but when you click on it it just takes you to a JWPUB download.   I find no PDF available at this time.  I am hanging on to my previous copy....😉

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

The link above does not show any download available.  When I go to JW.ORG and look up the Insight books under publications, it shows a designation for PDF but when you click on it it just takes you to a JWPUB download.   I find no PDF available at this time.  I am hanging on to my previous copy....😉

How strange. The pdf download link was working yesterday and after this topic was posted, now it’s not there. 🤔 Yet another reason why I believe our dear bethelite brothers are reading these posts. 😏 

I even downloaded the files as soon as I saw them because I thought (knew) this would happen. 😅

Edited by leoperales

14 minutes ago, leoperales said:

Yet another reason why I believe our dear bethelite brothers are reading these posts. 😏 

They are, but that's no reason to remove the PDFs, lol.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

4 minutes ago, .Ivan. said:

Why did autor link it here. If link was not here, pdf would still bi online 😄

It may have been there and then was moved as part of the JW.org/JWL/WTLIB upgrade that was mentioned during the Annual Meeting.

I suspect that we may see some odd things happening as we peak behind the curtain...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I would like to see the results of running the old and new PDFs through a comparison program. 

(Have done this before with some of the updated manuals and can see what exactly was changed)

I know the electronic version has been updated to some of our refinements.

Give me confidence that it is still a trustworthy refence publication. 

T 

I think it would be hard to compare since this is the first official PDF of the Insights released through the organization.  Any older ones were unofficial, made through scans.

Updates made due to refinements of understanding would have been previously discussed in the publications, primarily the WT.  There would be nothing new hidden in there.

5 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

I think it would be hard to compare since this is the first official PDF of the Insights released through the organization. 

What else can we expect to be released?

On 2/25/2019 at 11:08 AM, Brandon said:

No - I've had it since it became available.  Here and I was searching to see if mine was old and needed to update, but no - it's the 2018 edition. So... win for me! :D