JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Nice name

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4468 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

That's funny that he changed his name to that...

"If I change my name, I can fly under the radar, escape my past, and live a normal life. With my new name, I'll no longer stand out but will blend in with crowd." :P

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Years ago, before I came into the truth, I wished to marry a man with the last name Cross. I think 'how cute' would that be? Now I'd be 'Sister Chris Cross' if I had! LOL :dance: Better than Sister Pain in the rear!

I know a Sister Foot and a Sister Strange. Those names are just begging for humor.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I know in a cong. I was in there was a Bother Brothers. I met a man not in the truth his last name was Sisters. Imagine if he came into the truth he could be Bother Sisters both of them are married so imagine Sister Brothers meets Brother Sister and so on. Interseting and a little confusing

We had friends in my old congregation named "Walker", they were expecting their first child, a boy and a bunch of us tried to convince them to name him "Luke Sky" so he'd be "Luke Sky Walker" but they unwisely chose to ignore us! :tongue:

We have a family in our Cong. that is named Cross....Matt is like me, kind of a nut case,

I always want to ask him if he ever uses a cross in his worship?...........would that be bad???

In my old circuit in California there was a Brother Pagan.....cant recall his first name tho...was funny when he was speaker at conventions....:ohmy:

We have a family in our Cong. that is named Cross....Matt is like me, kind of a nut case,

I always want to ask him if he ever uses a cross in his worship?...........would that be bad???

In my old circuit in California there was a Brother Pagan.....cant recall his first name tho...was funny when he was speaker at conventions....:ohmy:

So were there any little Pagan's?

:lol1::lol2:

Actually, yes---I didnt know them well at all and I'm not really sure how many Pagans were running around at any one time...

I'm thinking that one of the older Pagan girls just recently married......

Actually, yes---I didnt know them well at all and I'm not really sure how many Pagans were running around at any one time...

So she is no longer a Pagan, that's good. :)

So she is no longer a Pagan, that's good. :)

Oh, I'm sure she will always be a Pagan at heart.....:heart:

• 2 weeks later...

In Finland there's a place called "Luopioinen", meaning something in style of "apostate-alike", or at least having "luopio" (= apostate) being its root word. Happily, though, the true Christian congregation there is not named after that biggest village of that countryside municipality but instead something else :blushing::shutup: (Kingdom Hall located some 10 km/6 mi away).

Something not as funny is the fact that in Nordic countries the word "brother" could in some cases someone's first name. "Can we please invite brother Brother to read the scripture for us". Confusing, eh? :shrugs:

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

When we were working unassigned territory in North Dakota we go up to a house and the beautiful flowery

sign with the family name said "The Hell Family" ....no one at home...took a few more doors the other pair found

a Hell at home...they discussed the name,had a good call.

Seems there are alot of Hell's there in that area.Even a Hell cementary.

When we were working unassigned territory in North Dakota we go up to a house and the beautiful flowery

sign with the family name said "The Hell Family" ....no one at home...took a few more doors the other pair found

a Hell at home...they discussed the name,had a good call.

Seems there are alot of Hell's there in that area.Even a Hell cementary.

Must of had a Hell of a life. I can imagine their kids were real Hellions. :tongue: