JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum

Ok this may sound silly but I have my assembly next weekend as usual we have to prepare our own lunch but I am so tired of the usual sandwich and/or salad. Does anyone have any ideas for something different? Thought of a chicken curry salad on a bed of mixed greens BUT IT'S STILL A SALAD! LOL  

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I like apples and cheese so I will usually slice up an apple and two cheese sticks.

Fruit and protein together is good brain food. Personally I stay away from carbs and sweets while I'm at a convention,  it's not always convenient to take a walk outside to whistle a short tune...:whistling:

This is really a tough one because you can't heat anything up, don't want anything heavy to put you to sleep, plus you probably wouldn't want anything messy. 

I always packed wraps or sandwiches to keep it simple, but love the idea of sushi, spring rolls or hummus. Speaking of hummus, I love a good Mediterranean wrap.. hummus, feta olives, cucumber, a drizzle of some nice olive oil, dash of paprika. Mmmmm.. 😁

What if you packed your chicken curry salad as a wrap? If you have a thermos, you could pair it with a soup. Or pack some fruit or yogurt. 

Cured meats and bread/olives can work - if you are careful enough to not drop it all over yourself!

Wraps are always a good one, but very similiar to sandwiches in that sense.

Hummus with celery, breads and other dipping foods is also a good one.

Tortilla chips with dips too. Again, also messy if you're incapble of eating normally like me haha.

Cold pasta dishes work well too.