JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Live broadcast of our meetings

5 hours ago, Bob said:

Well, I have to admit that I support the fact credentials are given out by the elders. Prevents abuse of the provision.

Current instructions make the point that "it is not neccessary to monitor who has access to congregation meetings." This takes it out of the "top secret" category. Would this indicate that publishers passing the conferencing number by word of mouth is acceptable, no longer only given out by solely by elders?

Edited by Old

I had left out "publishers'

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

It depends on the system you use.  We currently use KHConf and that has a limit of 18 callers.  If that was constantly used to the full and ones who really need it (housebound publishers for example) were being rejected by the system, then it would be unfair to those ones.  So while no need to monitor, it is still best to keep some sort of control over it.

Also it is still good to check in on who is using the system.  Are publishers using it to avoid going to the kingdom hall?  There are those who can't go, and these link up systems are great for them.  And then there are those who don't want to go.  It is not what it is for, and they may need some spiritual help.

One of the things I love about Livekingdomhall.com is that it records the meetings and they stay on the app for one week. I am English but living in France and am fully active in my French congregation but to hear the meetings in my native language is precious so I listen in to my sons UK congregation. Actually there are three congregations in his hall so I listen to all 6 meetings over the course of the week, its fascinating how different the answers are from each congregation. You can also download any meeting on the app and it stays there until you delete it.

I feel spoiled by Jehovah 🤗

Oh yes and I feel lost when they have a circuit assembly......no meetings...

29 minutes ago, BibleSteve said:

One of the things I love about Livekingdomhall.com is that it records the meetings

I recently saw on YouTube that there is a congregation near Orlando, Florida that posts some Public Talks..Has anyone seen this format? It is the same format for their midweek meeting also..just wondering if what you described looks like this when downloaded..😉

Screenshot_2019-03-10-17-48-53.png

Screenshot_2019-03-10-17-47-05.png

Screenshot_2019-03-06-20-24-33-1.png

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

1 hour ago, SUNRAY said:

I recently saw on YouTube that there is a congregation near Orlando, Florida that posts some Public Talks..Has anyone seen this format? It is the same format for their midweek meeting also..just wondering if what you described looks like this when downloaded..😉

Screenshot_2019-03-10-17-48-53.png

Screenshot_2019-03-10-17-47-05.png

Screenshot_2019-03-06-20-24-33-1.png

I wonder if this is covered by the instruction that meetings should not be made avaiable to wide audiences on the internet. This includes indiscriminate distribution of recorded meetings.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

In another thread there is a question of the legality of video recording individuals without their written permission.  I wonder if there is going to be some instructions or concern if the brothers are recorded and the video dispensed without authorization.  Remember what happened a while back with the Bethel "fun-night" video and all of the problems that caused.

The branch makes certain meetings available via JW.org. Talk to your BoE. Technically speaking, it is possible to make video streams available via JW.org. The congregations used for recording these meetings are told beforehand and also given instructions pertaining to the recording.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”