JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1859 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hi Greg, 

Here are a few scriptures that can be used in commending someone for their faithfulness, maybe 1 of these can be helpful. :)

I appreciate how you are looking to commend someone for their faithfulness, there is a great need for commendation as most receive little to none, yet there are so many who are deserving. Thanks for being an encouraging brother, maybe we can make some "clones" of you? :D

(PR 28:20)
“. . .A faithful man will receive many blessings,. . .”

(JOB 2:3)
“And Jehovah said to Satan: “Have you taken note of my servant Job? There is no one like him on the earth. He is an upright man of integrity, fearing God and shunning what is bad. He is still holding firmly to his integrity. . .”
(LU 16:10)
“. . .The person faithful in what is least is faithful also in much. . .”

(1CO 4:2)
“. . .what is expected of stewards is that they be found faithful.”
(PR 13:17)
“. . .But a faithful envoy brings healing.”

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

"That statement is trustworthy and deserves full acceptance. This is why we are working hard and exerting ourselves, because we have rested our hope on a living God, who is a Savior of all sorts of men, especially of faithful ones." --- 1Tim. 4:9, 10

"May Jehovah reward you for what you have done, and may there be a perfect wage* for you from Jehovah the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to seek refuge.” ---Ruth 2:12

*Or "a full reward"

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

It is not a scripture quote, but as an older one who has served for decades, I love Song 138.  The chorus is the commendation I long to hear.  This is the only song in our current songbook that still makes me cry.

Song 138 - Beauty in Gray-Headedness

chorus

Father, you remember

How in faith they’ve run.

Give them your assurance;

May they hear, “Well done!”

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

It is not a scripture quote, but as an older one who has served for decades, I love Song 138.  The chorus is the commendation I long to hear.  This is the only song in our current songbook that still makes me cry.

Song 138 - Beauty in Gray-Headedness

chorus

Father, you remember

How in faith they’ve run.

Give them your assurance;

May they hear, “Well done!”

Well done! John, for your decades of faithful service!

Good example for all of us.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 3/23/2019 at 8:11 PM, Bob said:

I have to admit -- I thought this thread title was "condemnation"!!

The words look similar when you're not paying attention!

I'll bet more scriptures would easily came to most minds if we'd have all thought the same!