JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who built the pyramids? Was it man alone?

20 hours ago, Yentle said:

The Nephilim would have been big enough and strong enough to wonder if they had any thing to do with it

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Not likely, different place and time.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

The Nephilim would have been big enough and strong enough to wonder if they had any thing to do with it

They being offspring of wicked spirits would likely have the same attitude of entitlement many in today's world have. Hard for me to see the nephilim actually working regardless of their strength

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Doubt it was the Nephilim or anything pre-flood. They are constructed, even physically in accordance to Egyptian culture and religion (sun worship), the drawings inside are just as old as the buildings themselves, and we know it depicts Egyptian life, who were a post-flood people.

People greatly underestimate what our ancestors were capable of. We only "think" we are smarter because we are raised in an educational culture where all the past collective experiences of man is fed to us from books and teachers in our childhood and beyond. But I ask, if none of us went to school, how smart would we all be really? How many of us here would have been able to invent electricty? Or even some of the other inventions of the past prior to electricty when having no concept of them?

True intelligence is "potential and understanding", not aquired knowledge. It's an illusion that the people of the past were less intelligent, because they simply had less "collective experience" to draw on, but I think they were much smarter than us. We live on the backs of intellectual giants who invented everything we know today.

It's only evolutionists who try to make out ancestors look like dumb cave men banging their heads with clubs (and is one of the reasons why people question how ancient man invented things like the Pyramids as they are culturally brainwashed into thinking people of the past were inferior), and this culture affects us all on some level, even though we do not subscribe to the evolution theory.

Edited by EccentricM

Doubt it was the Nephilim or anything pre-flood. They are constructed, even physically in accordance to Egyptian culture and religion (sun worship), the drawings inside are just as old as the buildings themselves, and we know it depicts Egyptian life, who were a post-flood people.

People greatly underestimate what our ancestors were capable of. We only "think" we are smarter because we are raised in an educational culture where all the past collective experiences of man is fed to us from books and teachers in our childhood and beyond. But I ask, if none of us went to school, how smart would we all be really? How many of us here would have been able to invent electricty? Or even some of the other inventions of the past prior to electricty when having no concept of them?

True intelligence is "potential and understanding", not aquired knowledge. It's an illusion that the people of the past were less intelligent, because they simply had less "collective experience" to draw on, but I think they were much smarter than us. We live on the backs of intellectual giants who invented everything we know today.

It's only evolutionists who try to make out ancestors look like dumb cave men banging their heads with clubs (and is one of the reasons why people question how ancient man invented things like the Pyramids as they are culturally brainwashed into thinking people of the past were inferior), and this culture affects us all on some level, even though we do not subscribe to the evolution theory.

Wasn't there a water line pre-flood at the bottom of the Sphinx that they found or am I mistaken

22 minutes ago, Yentle said:

Wasn't there a water line pre-flood at the bottom of the Sphinx that they found or am I mistaken

I wouldn't know anything about that. I have heard though that the Sphinx were possibly constructed by "carving the existing" rock, as opposed to it being placed there. So the age of the rock can be deceptive and can throw off historians like that, since if it hasn't been moved, only shaped.. then we only know the age of the rock, but not when it was carved out to look like a Sphinx.

Edited by EccentricM

3 hours ago, Yentle said:

Since scientists at large dismiss the Flood as myth, and Doce there is something that causes dating methods to be inaccurate, it is impossible to determine what is before Flood and after. 

3 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I wouldn't know anything about that. I have heard though that the Sphinx were possibly constructed by "carving the existing" rock, as opposed to it being placed there. So the age of the rock can be deceptive and can throw off historians like that, since if it hasn't been moved, only shaped.. then we only know the age of the rock, but not when it was carved out to look like a Sphinx.

Good point.  This is what influences dating confusion - the materials used are older than the object being discussed.  Obviously the rock used in creating the Sphinx is older than the Sphinx.  If we date the rocks, we get the age of the rocks, not the Sphinx. 

If we suggest that the pyramids were built by Nephilim, then we must assume that the Nephilim spoke and wrote Egyptian, since the inside of the pyramids is filled with inscriptions in that language. Then we would have to explain how the Egyptian language survived the Flood and was spoken for many centuries after that, in fact a form of Egyptian named Coptic is still spoken today.

Besides, we would have to assume that the Nephilim themselves survived the Flood, since the Egyptian people kept building pyramids until as late as the 8th and 7th centuries before Jesus. That means that while God's people were exiled in Babylon the Egyptians were still building pyramids. Or we could reverse the reasoning: If they could build those pyramids without the Nephilim, they could have built the oldest ones too.

Despite what UFO promoters would want us believe, building a pyramid doesn't require any advanced engineering knowledge. You just need to put some stones on top of others. You put a first layer of stones, let's say of 20x20. On top of those you put another layer of stones of 18x18. On top of those you put another layer of 16x16, and when you reach the layer of only one stone, you are on the top of the pyramid. That's why pyramid-shaped buildings were so common in ancient peoples, from the tower of Babel to the Egyptian pyramids to the Mayan ones. They are the simplest structure to design.

Edited by carlos

Jehovah caused the flood to remove all flesh and wickedness.  If the Nephilim built the pyramids then the pyramids were built preflood as we know only 8 people survived the flood. 

As for extraterrestrials other then angels, cherubs and seraphs. .. Years ago when I was learning the truth about our Father, I remember reading the reasoning regarding beings on other planets. It brought the answer home to me.  I found the Awake article and have copied it in part the following.

"If God did create such beings, he did so before he created Adam and Eve. Such beings either remained faithful to their Creator, or like Adam and Eve, they sinned and fell into imperfection. But if they became imperfect, they needed a redeemer. As one essayist put it: “One has this dreadful thought that on Friday [the day Jesus Christ was executed], every Friday, somewhere in the universe Jesus is being hanged high for someone’s sins.” But that is not Scriptural. The Bible tells us that Jesus “died with reference to sin once for all time.”Romans 6:10.  What if these beings had remained perfect? Well, when Adam and Eve sinned, they were, in effect, questioning God’s right to rule over a world of intelligent physical beings. If another planet existed at that time, a world full of intelligent physical beings who were living harmoniously and loyally under God’s rule, would they not have been called in as witnesses to testify that God’s rule does indeed work? This conclusion seems inescapable, since he has already used even imperfect humans as witnesses in his behalf on that very issue.—Isaiah 43:10."

.  I had forgotten the reasoning and am so glad to have experienced it again.  Praise Jehovah

Some think that the flood rearranged continents and created the tallest mountains we see today.  If that is true, I doubt very much that those pyramids would have survived. 

If not, I still can’t imagine that there wouldn’t  have been tremendous damage and indications that they were all submerged under water for a year.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

7 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

Some think that the flood rearranged continents and created the tallest mountains we see today.  If that is true, I doubt very much that those pyramids would have survived. 

If not, I still can’t imagine that there wouldn’t  have been tremendous damage and indications that they were all submerged under water for a year.

Some feel the flood wasn't global and it seems they could use pre flood pyramids as proof...

OTOH, what happened to the people that built them?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I prefer to believe the Bible that indicates that Nimrod was the first to build things reaching the heavens to spite God with. To do this it would seem that Nimrod had to draw people into cities to have the control of many people together. Nephilim were written of as doing their controlling of people by violence not buildings and cities.

British Museum has many depictions of how such building was done by the Egyptians and there have been documentaries to show how capable the Egyptians were with large buildings and what man-made machinery they did have access to and what scaffolding, ramps and steps they did use that was removed when the  structures were finished.

Just a few months ago the smaller pre-cursor to the sphinx was found, showing how the larger version may have been carved. Nothing otherworldly about it. It was built by/for Pharoah Kafre who did the 2nd pyramid at Giza - they date him to approx 2500 BC, but we know that all Egyptian dating is very faulty and reignal dates of pharoahs can actually overlap to make far less years or have been miscalculated as longer by accidentally adding in the paralell reignal dates of the worshipped Apis bulls as well. Enough to say that Egyptians are post-flood people of the sons of Miz-ra-im, via Noah's son Ham - a name that ancient Egyptian tribes still referred to themselves as.1 Chroinicles 1:8

Just a side issue of importance regarding C14 /radio-carbon dating and how faulty it can be. I have just watched another TV history program about when they went digging up a British battle site from centuries ago, but not BC, they dated the Anglo-Saxon skeletons and the Viking skeletons from the same battle - fighting as enemies of each ethnic type. It was a known battle that was already recorded by nearby then existing Monastic establishments and dated from their writings, yet the Vikings' skeletons dated 400 years different to the Anglo-Saxons - which was impossible as they were fighting each other!

The important fact is that It transpires that people who live on coasts/sea-faring types, who eat a lot of seafood, have a different absorption rate of C14 than land living/inland none seafood eating people. Therefore, the important conclusion from this, that will affect all readings of people's remains earthwide, is that taking C14 from Seafood eaters' bones can date them to hundreds of years older than land-living meat eaters - but not easy to determine if a sea-farer's/sea-food eater's bones are found inland or a land-lubber dies at sea and their life is not known to the finder!