JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who built the pyramids? Was it man alone?

There is no mystery here.

If you know the difference in a "skyscraper" and a "really tall building" you would understand that a pyramid is, basically, just a rendition of a "really tall building". No alien intervention required.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I think there technology was beyond our understanding back then, if you think of the Tower of Babel which is called a ziggurat a Babylonian pyramid. I recall one reason why Jehovah confused the languages was because of there technology Genesis 11:6 “ there is nothing they can’t do that is impossible for them”. If you think they were closer to perfection back then, and this would of been carried through a few generations until finally it got lost. Just a thought 

36 minutes ago, Igorianov said:

Im not sure,....i think it has something fishee

....like engineering from demons !

If you search YT : bright insight

The poses very good questions ...we will know during the 1000 years 

Just because something is on the internet does not make it true. 

Hi Brother Jerome,

Many people in the world like the speculation that "aliens" formed the pyramids. But if a person wants to find a reasonable explanation instead of "aliens", then they could ask themselves, "Was there a strong motivation for the Egyptians to spend so much time/energy creating large Pyramids?"

And the answer is definitely yes. We have already learned how influential false religious beliefs have been throughout history. And the Pyramids are just another example. Today we see many people from various religions who are focused on the "Afterlife", "Going to Heaven", etc. But the Egyptians were even more obsessed! Their religious beliefs influenced them to think that we humans have a "soul" that leaves us after death and becomes immortal. But much more was believed than just an immortal soul. The Egyptians believed that their human body was still needed after your soul was gone because the soul may want/need to return to the body sometimes! So to protect the dead human body for future use, they made a protective shell or "Mummy". And if you were royalty, then you wanted an extra huge, impenetrable "tomb", not only to further protect your body, but also to turn your tomb into a big safety deposit box so you could put all of your many valuables so that you could use these in your "afterlife"!  So because of this strong belief, then you would spend years, even decades, having your big Pyramid "tomb" built for you, and for your family too! So these are some of the strong motives behind the building of such engineering feats. Motive is important because if a person is highly motivated, they will spend whatever amount of time and expense necessary to accomplish their goal. 

But was it possible that the Egyptians could build such huge Pyramids?

Yes, for example if you were a rich Prince or King, you could have anywhere from 50,000 to 200,000 people working on your Pyramid! What is more impressive is that these building projects lasted 15--30 years or more! With that much manpower for so many years and decades, you could bring in tons upon tons of rubble, limestone, etc, from all over the country and world to build the giant individual stones that made up a Pyramid. So it seems quite reasonable that big stones of Pyramids could be made right there in Egypt, rather than "alien engineering". And here is another example of what engineering marvels can be built by humans when you have hundreds of thousands of people working on 1 project for decades that spring from the motivation of a strong false religious belief:

*** g05 12/8 p. 21 Tombs—Windows to Ancient Beliefs ***
In 1974, peasants near the city of Xi’an, in China, were sinking a well. But instead of finding water, they found fragments of clay figures, bronze crossbow mechanisms, and arrowheads. Unknowingly, they had chanced upon the 2,100-year-old Ch’in terra-cotta army, comprising over 7,000 larger-than-life clay soldiers and horses—all in military rank and file! A part of the largest imperial tomb in China, the Ch’in terra-cotta army is named after Ch’in Shih Huang Ti, the emperor who unified China’s warring states in 221 B.C.E.
Ch’in’s mausoleum is essentially an underground palace. But why the terra-cotta army? In his book The Qin Terracotta Army, Zhang Wenli explains that Ch’in’s “mausoleum is a representation of the Qin empire [and was] intended to provide Qin Shi Huangdi [Ch’in Shih Huang Ti] after death with all the splendour and might he enjoyed during life.” The tomb is now part of a vast museum comprising 400 satellite tombs and pits.
To build the tomb, “over 700,000 men from all parts of the empire were conscripted,” says Zhang. Work continued after Ch’in’s death in 210 B.C.E. and lasted a total of 38 years. Not all of Ch’in’s interred entourage, however, was terra-cotta. His successor decreed that Ch’in’s childless concubines be buried with him, resulting in the death of a “very great” number of people, say historians. Such practices were far from unique.

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

7 hours ago, carlos said:

Actually it's not true that we can't build similar pyramids today. The only problems would be the amount of money and work required.:)

Easier to do when you're working for your 'gods' and don't have to pay your labor force.

Remember, the Pyramids were part tomb, part temples; and those are usually the most elaborate buildings of the ancient world.

2 hours ago, pholmes38 said:

The Nephilim

All the evidence shows that the pyramids were built after the Flood, when no Nephilim were left alive. Before the Flood mankind spoke a single language, but the pyramids are full of Egyptian inscriptions. Besides, the same civilization that built those pyramids kept building others for centuries and lasted until Roman times.

28 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

The pyramids were  made after the tower of Babel. It shows that they were highly advanced people. They were closer to perfection.

I personally believe all the pyramids, ziggurates, and such were cultural memories of the tower of Babel.  Just like all false religion and religious teachings can be traced back to this event, so too the idea of a big holy sacred tower or structure reaching toward heaven. 

I had a dog I named pyramid.

Everywhere he’d go he’d leave little pyramids.💩  :facepalmpo2::lol1::nope:

I've seen a couple documentaries that show possible ways they could have built the pyramids with the technology that existed at the time. Can’t recall the name of the documentary. 

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

It's not as hard as people try to make out. It's all alien conspiracy theorists that try to say otherwise.

The main thing that makes people curious about these structures, is not the structures themselves or how they were built, that's just standard brick laying, but the "mystery" is over "where" they are constructed, in that they perfectly align to the true north (and on purpose). Some people think this means that "aliens" helped them.

However, the way they achieved the perfect measurements for their alignment has already been suggested. It could have been done through a tool using stars at night and the sun in the day and its light, which then cast shadows on a tool that was measured to precise dimentions, which cast lines on the around for where they needed to build their pyramid dimentions accordingly.

https://blog.world-mysteries.com/mystic-places/ancient-egyptian-pyramids-alignment-methods/

Edited by EccentricM

14 hours ago, Shawnster said:

I personally believe all the pyramids, ziggurates, and such were cultural memories of the tower of Babel.  Just like all false religion and religious teachings can be traced back to this event, so too the idea of a big holy sacred tower or structure reaching toward heaven. 

Bigger is better!  🙃

16 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Why do so many of the rich and powerful have a penthouse mentality?  Is reaching for heights in our DNA?

18 hours ago, Sister Susie said:

Why do so many of the rich and powerful have a penthouse mentality?  Is reaching for heights in our DNA?

One of the nicest places to live in a big city is in a penthouse. Great view, good privacy, often nicely landscaped. The reason the rich live there is because they can afford it. I knew of one JW couple that live in a Seattle penthouse, they had been there many years and loved it. Shopping and entertaiment were always close at hand. 

Don't get me wrong, I love our castle on the coast, along with it's ocean view, but I would trade for a Seattle penthouse in a minute...IF, and this is a big IF, our social security check would cover the expense. :(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 4/28/2019 at 9:09 PM, bobby said:

loss vages has a pyramid

You mean Lost Wages. Yo dun saw dat pyramid. Talked to someone at airyport that dropped a month's pension thus Lost Wages.

Turns out I was acquainted with some of her cousins who were JWs, in fact the COBE at my oldest son's old cong was one of those cousins.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: