JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Chilean Mummies dates from 3000-5000BCE . How do they fit into the Biblical timetable?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1821 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

49 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Since you’ve not proved any background in these remains, or what kind of dating was used, it is hard to say very much.

Of coarse I haven’t proved the dates ( how could I) but assuming accurate forensic dating has been used. The same methods used to date Biblical archaeology. Then what?

Of coarse I haven’t proved the dates ( how could I) but assuming accurate forensic dating has been used. The same methods used to date Biblical archaeology. Then what?

Well, you gave a statement and provided no background. What type of mummies are these, and how have they been dated? Where and how were they found? By whom?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

No direct dating method is accurate for biological remains older than two or three thousand years. Egyptian and Mesopotamian artifacts are dated to 3000 BCE and even older. Human fossils have been dated as old as 2 million years old. Obviously those measurements are flawed.

I don't know anything about those mummies or how they were dated, but usually dating of historical remains implies a lot of subjective speculation.

Edited by carlos

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

They settled in a desert?

There were deserts before the flood?

:popcorn:

The people appear to have settled along a coastal plain with an adjacent desert. But I would guess that it wasn’t the desert it is today. The Sahara is said to have been transformed beginning at about the same time from a lush grassland to its current state  ( National Geographic has speculated that the earths orbit shifted at this time//the time we more or less identify as the flood ). Go figure. 

Just curious ... did they find and date any "Daddies" ... or only "Mummies"? What about children?

Spoiler

On a more serious note ... 

32 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

National Geographic has speculated

That is the problem with taking some of these things as "fact" :nope:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

14 hours ago, Qapla said:

Just curious ... did they find and date any "Daddies" ... or only "Mummies"? What about children?

Hide contents

On a more serious note ... 

That is the problem with taking some of these things as "fact" :nope:

Speculated was my word. But interestingly enough their proposed earth orbit shift is right on cue for the great flood.