JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

146th Gilead Graduation—The Inside Story

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1742 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hhmm. Only 23 minutes this time—about 10 minutes shorter than other Inside Story episodes. I was looking forward to a song or two sung by the graduates...
Maybe no good singers this time

But we know what we have to do now: Come over to India

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Hhmm. Only 23 minutes this time—about 10 minutes shorter than other Inside Story episodes. I was looking forward to a song or two sung by the graduates... :(

Maybe a translation challenge???

16 hours ago, Bryan said:

Great things are happening here in India. Come over to help us!

It is a a pioneer's paradise. As the sister said, you can really start a Bible study every day.

I can appreciate that. Here in Montreal there is one area with lots of people from India. It was in this territory where the Hindi pre-group started in the late 1990s. I used to help out a Hindi/Punjabi/Gujariti-speaking brother to start the work in it. I was amazed with the response of the people. You could show them one passage in the Bible, and then the brother would start to explain and illustrate it... but the householder just couldn't take his eyes off of the Bible! He kept staring at it. Since then the work in the Hindi congregation has flourished tremendously!

The brother on the left, Sahb, was in my congregation when I moved here. He became a pharmacist before marrying and pioneering.  I know his mum quite well, and his sister, both in nearby congregations. It was so good to see him on the video, we knew he was at Gilead but were surprised by the fact they were interviewed.

Based upon the interviews: India is clearly on the verge of breaking wide open. It’s time has finally come. Very exciting. 

The interview with the couple from Romania was fascinating.  What a situation to have grown up in ( under ban ) one group of about 5k being completely cut off from the Organization out of self preservation due to moles . And yet such Loyalty and Faith.

Based upon the interviews: India is clearly on the verge of breaking wide open. It’s time has finally come. Very exciting. 
    The interview with the couple from Romania was fascinating.  What a situation to have grown up in ( under ban ) one group of about 5k being completely cut off from the Organization out of self preservation due to moles . And yet such Loyalty and Faith.

Regarding Romania, this interview is a good reminder of how the work was accomplished back then.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/pub-jwb_201901_6_VIDEO

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 10:17 PM, Bryan said:

Great things are happening here in India. Come over to help us!

It is a a pioneer's paradise. As the sister said, you can really start a Bible study every day.

My brother, I want to come! Now I'm saying, if this system outlives my mother and my dog, I'm coming to India! The experiences were so exciting! I'm researching some areas, and I will be keeping my eye on India!