JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1775 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I am thinking of doing Met tour run by brothers “women and her offspring” but allocated time is 4 hours. 

Is it worth the time? (My wife does not like any museums ....:zipmouth:

I have done British Museum Bible tour and that was around 2 hours, which was perfect 

Any suggestions and comments are highly appreciated. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Hi Greg,

Oh Yeah! It is well worth it:thumbsup:

Maybe you can tell your wife that this is not just another visit to a museum, but to view it as a Special Talk with rare visuals. :)

She will learn things about Bible history that will be fascinating. And if she gets tired after a while, she can take a break and then rejoin the group later.  But I would not miss this tour.

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

This tour was amazing.  We weren't just a group of people looking at artifacts, we were brothers and sisters with an extensive Bible education and that is how the sister, Karen, who was the tour guide treated us.  She used several scriptures that tied to what we were looking at, she showed on her iPad artwork from our literature. She explained the extensive research our art department goes through to be accurate, and how the GB is consulted so that the tour never goes "beyond what is written"  

Just like the Bible carries the theme of the Sacred Secret of the kingdom, this tour has a theme.  It shows that from the initial promise of an offspring (Gen 3:15) Satan has been offering counterfeit "offspring".  Mother/son worship certainly did not originate with the Catholic Church. I had read the book "Two Babylons" years ago and that added to my experience because I already understood the source of many false religious practices and how they got recirculated down through the years, but I still learned many new things.  You could actually feel how our brothers and sisters may have felt as they walked in bondage  past the gates into Babylon.  I appreciated that many in the group were able to add little tidbits from personal Bible study.  Like Begger for the Spirit said above, It's like a special talk only with comments from the audience as well.  I didn't want it to end.  Wear comfortable shoes, but there is a break in the cafeteria half way through. Enjoy!

PS: If walking is difficult for your wife then perhaps ask for a wheelchair.  The wheelchairs get priority placement up front so she won't miss a thing.  You may change her mind about museum tours and she'd like to take the second tour "Integrity" that covers Greece and Rome. Woman and her offspring only covers Eqypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia.

Edited by Californiamama

I forgot the wheelchair option

7 hours ago, Californiamama said:

his tour was amazing.  We weren't just a group of people looking at artifacts, we were brothers and sisters with an extensive Bible education and that is how the sister, Karen, who was the tour guide treated us.

How big was the group?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

My husband is one of the tour guides at the MET for this tour. I have done all of the bible tours. It is very interesting and faith building. But I am bias. I love museums. Every time I have a chance I join my husband and do the MET highlights tour (not biblical). The place is amazing. Approximately 2 million artifacts. I would not think twice.  

We have done the "Woman and Her Offspring" tour twice.  Once just my husband and I and the second time with six other brothers we were traveling with who had never been.  I can say it was just as good as the first time.  I really want to do the Integrity tour one day when we go back to New York, but I'm not sure when that might be. 😐

I’ve gone on this tour. Trust me, it’s worth it. The only regret you’ll have is that you didn’t have time to go on the other tours.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

9 hours ago, Rocco said:

Will be doing ours at the end of July while in NY for a week. I was unaware of the integrity tour, until now. 👌👍

The are at least 4 tours with more coming.

The Woman and Her Offspring" 

Integrity

The Bible in American History”

Mankind’s Search for Light” (coming soon)

Bible Stories and Art for Children

Edited by jwhess

On 6/17/2019 at 5:29 PM, New World Explorer said:

I am thinking of doing Met tour run by brothers “women and her offspring” but allocated time is 4 hours. 

Is it worth the time? (My wife does not like any museums ....:zipmouth:

I have done British Museum Bible tour and that was around 2 hours, which was perfect 

Any suggestions and comments are highly appreciated. 

Absolutely worth the time. In fact you will wish you had even more time.

Edited by BenJepthah

On 6/17/2019 at 7:25 PM, Californiamama said:

This tour was amazing.  We weren't just a group of people looking at artifacts, we were brothers and sisters with an extensive Bible education and that is how the sister, Karen, who was the tour guide treated us.  She used several scriptures that tied to what we were looking at, she showed on her iPad artwork from our literature. She explained the extensive research our art department goes through to be accurate, and how the GB is consulted so that the tour never goes "beyond what is written"  

Just like the Bible carries the theme of the Sacred Secret of the kingdom, this tour has a theme.  It shows that from the initial promise of an offspring (Gen 3:15) Satan has been offering counterfeit "offspring".  Mother/son worship certainly did not originate with the Catholic Church. I had read the book "Two Babylons" years ago and that added to my experience because I already understood the source of many false religious practices and how they got recirculated down through the years, but I still learned many new things.  You could actually feel how our brothers and sisters may have felt as they walked in bondage  past the gates into Babylon.  I appreciated that many in the group were able to add little tidbits from personal Bible study.  Like Begger for the Spirit said above, It's like a special talk only with comments from the audience as well.  I didn't want it to end.  Wear comfortable shoes, but there is a break in the cafeteria half way through. Enjoy!

PS: If walking is difficult for your wife then perhaps ask for a wheelchair.  The wheelchairs get priority placement up front so she won't miss a thing.  You may change her mind about museum tours and she'd like to take the second tour "Integrity" that covers Greece and Rome. Woman and her offspring only covers Eqypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia.

Wowwww! I never did the tour, only heard about it, but you made it come alive! So alive that I'm going to try and go! Thank you.

Hope I'm not too late to say Brother Greg that, the "Woman and Her Offspring" Tour at the New York Met is an amazing foray into the past of Biblical events and how scriptures are appropriately tied into the tour.  In addition to seeing ancient artifacts, a brief synopsis of ancient world powers by knowledgeable brothers or sisters and how ancient Greek and Roman cultures have influenced modern traditions in this 21st century is truly something to see.

I've noticed on this forum, and agree with all whom have taken this tour have made similar comments such as:

"Its so enjoyable! "

"Well worth it!"

"It was so educational!"

"You won't regret it."

And let me add my own comment to say that,.. it made the Bible come alive, yes indeedy!

Is the tour lengthy?  Yes, I do recall it being approximately 3 to 3.5 hours, but the tour was so fascinating, that time went by quickly.  And also, a lunch break is inclusive within the tour. Comfortable shoes are a necessity.

Here is the website to give you a bit more information and what to expect:

https://www.oasisgrouptours.com/all-met-tours

https://www.oasisgrouptours.com/the-woman-and-her-offspring

You won't regret it! :)

Edited by Omoyeme