JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

78 year old Sister persecuted in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1781 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/06/18/78-year-old-jehovahs-witness-prosecuted-russia-over-extremism-a66052

Authorities in northern Russia have opened a criminal case against a 78-year-old woman for being a member of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the religious organization has said.

The Arkhangelsk region Investigative Committee opened a case against Kaleria Mamykina .......

Law enforcement monitored Mamykina for more than a year to collect evidence of her participation in local Jehovah’s Witnesses meetings, the organization said.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

41 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/06/18/78-year-old-jehovahs-witness-prosecuted-russia-over-extremism-a66052

Authorities in northern Russia have opened a criminal case against a 78-year-old woman for being a member of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the religious organization has said.

The Arkhangelsk region Investigative Committee opened a case against Kaleria Mamykina .......

Law enforcement monitored Mamykina for more than a year to collect evidence of her participation in local Jehovah’s Witnesses meetings, the organization said.

So "powerful" King of the North is scared of 78 year old grandma?

This is just plainly ridicules as anything what satan does ...

Only cowards persecute woman of that age.

May Jehovah strengthen our dear sister ..so proud of her!

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

So "powerful" King of the North is scared of 78 year old grandma?

This is just plainly ridicules as anything what satan does ...

Only cowards persecute woman of that age.

May Jehovah strengthen our dear sister ..so proud of her!

It's not fear, or cowardice. It's proof of concept.

During WW2, the Nazi's gave the JW's a choice. Give up your faith, or we'll ask you again, harder.

If the KOTN can make a JW break, then they win. If they can push us enough to have this sister give in; then it's all they need.

If they can put it on paper that Witnesses are willing to give up their faith and go back to the nice, ordinary lives of everyone else who does as they're told, then they have all the justification they need to keep going with the same tactics on everyone else. So they'll focus on the frail, the old, the people with families. They'll target people more likely to give in. Because the more JW's that give in, the more certain they are that their tactics work. They can honestly say: "This sort of tactics has had great success!"

History has lessons: The Tactics have never worked yet.

6 hours ago, campanula said:

Thank you for posting this.

I thought no one here is interested in that sort of news from Russia any more, so I stopped doing that.

We are always interested in how our brothers and sisters in every land are doing.

https://jw-russia.org/en/index.html

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

60 public figures in Russia recently signed a petition to stop the unjust persecution.  

But, Putin's name was not on the petition. :( 

https://jw-russia.org/news/18062014-354.html

More than 60 public figures in Russia demand to stop the persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses

June 20, 2018

The appeal “ In fact, this is happening to us ” was published on June 19, 2018 by human rights Internet resources and the media. It is signed by well-known human rights activists, lawyers, writers, historians, public figures.

“What is happening with them, in fact, is happening to us ,” the authors of the statement state, “ this is a test of the immune forces of society. The persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses shows the inconsistency of anti-extremist legislation in general. If society does not protect Jehovah's Witnesses, if they are not reinstated, it will mean that everyone can be declared an extremist. ”

Human rights activists explain the “extremism” of believers with intelligible language: “In the story of how a person found answers from questions of Jehovah's Witnesses to questions that a Catholic priest could not solve, the courts saw propaganda of religious superiority — that's all extremism. Such "extremism", and much more brutal, can be found in the doctrinal, liturgical and other texts of most denominations. If we approach religious scriptures with the same measure, all religions will have to be banned. ”

“Further, the mechanism, meaningless and soulless, started working, ” the statement reads . The Supreme Court, banning the Witnesses, referred to decisions of district courts on the recognition of texts as extremist. District courts referred to expert opinions. Experts working at the FSB and E centers are able to detect "signs of extremism" even in the borscht recipe. As a result, the circular irresponsibility of the authorities led to a police operation launched from Kaliningrad to Kamchatka against innocent law-abiding citizens. This special operation is carried out, in fact, on the basis of several custom-made examinations. ”

Listing the names of believers who were behind bars, the authors summarize: “We call and demand: 1) to stop the persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses for their religion; 2) to immediately release from custody Jehovah's Witnesses accused under Article 282.2 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (organizing the activities of an extremist organization or participating in it), in fact, for practicing their religion 3) to cancel, using the available procedural possibilities, the decision of the Supreme Court of April 20, 2017 on the liquidation and prohibition of the activities of the organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses. ”

Pretty sure the highlighted portion is on all of our prayer lists. :) 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

If you click on the link in light blue, it takes you to this site https://credo.press/218480/

and a very enlightening read. (tu) 

Putin needs a subscription to Credo Press.  

Or, rather a bookmark or shortcut on his desktop/laptop/smartphone.:D 

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

17 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

60 public figures in Russia recently signed a petition to stop the unjust persecution.  

But, Putin's name was not on the petition. :( 

The article is from 2018, is there more recent information?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

The article is from 2018, is there more recent information?

Thought it was THIS June 20th ...my bad.

Was wondering why the info sounded so familiar. :D 

I am still in a major brain fog.  Should hide out til it passes. :D 

7 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Thought it was THIS June 20th

Is it June 20th there already? :whistling:

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Is it June 20th there already? :whistling:

Hey, when I get a brain fog, 

I get a BRAIN FOG. :D

Socked in with no clear thoughts 

departing.

I'm just gonna sit here on the runway for awhile. :D

51 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Hey, when I get a brain fog, 

I get a BRAIN FOG. :D

Socked in with no clear thoughts 

departing.

I'm just gonna sit here on the runway for awhile. :D

It's okay Ross .... it was June 20th somewhere when you wrote that.  Here, for instance. :D

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.