JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

13 hours ago, Arumuga Raja said:

"Stopwatch" this app was transparent timer clock. This is so helpful to give a talk. Link is here 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.jentsch.floatingstopwatch

Please can everybody put links when suggesting apps or games like our brother Raja did?

51 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I like the "Stopwatch" idea but I use the Apple Ipad for my talks.  Any Ipad equivalent?

I may be wrong but the iOS has not the feature of having apps on top of other apps.

You may use 3 windows on the ipad though, one of them being the timer (ios 12 or up)

4 hours ago, jayrtom said:

I may be wrong but the iOS has not the feature of having apps on top of other apps.

You may use 3 windows on the ipad though, one of them being the timer (ios 12 or up)

Thanks for the reminder.  I used the Ipad Pro for talks but I am not really an Apple person.

4 hours ago, jwhess said:

Thanks for the reminder.  I used the Ipad Pro for talks but I am not really an Apple person.

There is one called POP OUT TIMER shows as a little window any place you drag it to on your page. Works well, I ahve it on my Ipad.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 hours ago, Old said:

There is one called POP OUT TIMER shows as a little window any place you drag it to on your page. Works well, I ahve it on my Ipad.

Thanks Jerry.  I installed it and will use it but it is about 4 times bigger than I need.  But it works....😊

• 1 month later...

Recently I found 2 good apps for night sky lovers/astrophotographers, they're really convenient.

• Nightshift -  for night forecast, what's happening in the night sky on a certain night (like visible planets, meteor showers). It shows if the conditions for stargazing are poor, fair, good, excellent or if there's no observing opportunities.
  • SkySafari - for getting knowledge about sky objects. Very useful! There are free and paid versions, but for me (as a beginner) the free version is just enough.

Ministry assistant by Lost Pixels for Android.

Useful to keep data of the ministry.

Edited by Benjamine

edit

“Just as you want men to do to you, do the same way to them.”

:backflip: Luke 6:31:backflip:                                               

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Arumuga Raja said:

I've always wondered if the Branch would create it's own meeting schedule and public talk schedule programs. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, jpl said:

I use Bible Maps

Free on Playstore Android 

Locate all the places mentioned in the Bible on a map 100% free of charge, with no strings attached. Complete Locations. All the places mentioned in the Bible marked on a map of the earth.

I found a similar one in iOS, called Bible Map, which is also free. I checked on my android tablet and it seems to be similar. I just got my iPhone, so I am still doing a search to see what kind of information they use, but on a cursory look, they have photos of the area today, models of things like Herod’s castle, artifacts, and it does have a copy of the Bible that it uses. I still haven’t been able to figure out which one they use, but I compare the text to the NWT. Thanks for the post, because I wouldn’t have looked for it otherwise!

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13